The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 accessories

David K

Workshop Member
FWIW, a Leica diopter will screw directly into the rear of the Leica magnifier... In fact, you could conceivably stack two magnifiers that way for even more magnification.
Pretty obvious once you try it but I didn't know this and think it bears repeating. It's made a world of difference in my ability to focus accurately.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
All the SLR's that I've owned have the diopter built in. Not sure why the M8 doesn't...
I was referring to the fact they can not sell it in the U.S.A. for use on a rangefinder. So I guess one must order it for a different camera. :)

irakly

all i have is 1.25x magnifier. another thing (non-leica specific) is an arctic butterfly sensor brush. the rest makes my bag too heavy :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just can't hold the M8 without a grip. maybe all the years with a DSLR but i have to have a grip. BTW i use the 1.25 on both my M8's along with a 1.5 + diopter. No one mentioned a hand strap which i use on one body. Here is where the DMR stood at the top of the class with there hand strap best i ever used. i wish they would do the same for the M8.

B

Brian Phythian

Not strictly M8 accessories but they are required:
Rocket Blower
Sensor swabs
Eclipse 2
And if you really want to push the boat out.Arctic Butterfly and Sensor Loupe.

Brian

D

Digital Dude

I’m a newbie' but so far…
• E46 IR/UV Filter (couldn’t wait for the freebie’s)
• Hoodman SD cards (great for firmware reliability)
• SanDisk SD/USB card (great for travel)
• Leica Grip (no brainer’)
• Thumbs Up (cheap insurance)
• Extra battery (another no brainer’)
• Fogg b-laika (just because I’m vain)
• Magnifier (because I’m old)
Regards,:angel:

Last edited: