The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

A few more from today's productive processing session...images from Boston, taken mainly alongside Steve...

Color companion piece to the earlier b+w, slightly different capture...

Taking a break from rough times, Chinatown:

Sunset over Harvard, from the top of Quincy House
Ashwin: Glorious series. These ones are really really awesome.

Very well done.:thumbs:

Regards.

shtarka1

Re: Testing the new M9

Got through my health issues over the past year and picked up an M9 to boot two weeks ago. Taken at the Met in NY last weekend. Testing focus on the 50 lux asph, so nothing great. Shot at f/1.4. It looks like the lens is focusing fine. Focus was on the right eye as it faces you. Bought and sold a few things the past year while I was going through my trek. Just did not want to give up on photography. I appreciate the patience of those I bought and sold from. We will see where this M9 thing leads. I am not a regular poster but I read your stuff every day and have learned a lot. Thanks, Frank
Frank, Glad To Hear Your Feeling Better & Congrats On The M9! Wonderful Image!

Lloyd

Re: Testing the new M9

Got through my health issues over the past year and picked up an M9 to boot two weeks ago. Taken at the Met in NY last weekend. Testing focus on the 50 lux asph, so nothing great. Shot at f/1.4. It looks like the lens is focusing fine. Focus was on the right eye as it faces you. Bought and sold a few things the past year while I was going through my trek. Just did not want to give up on photography. I appreciate the patience of those I bought and sold from. We will see where this M9 thing leads. I am not a regular poster but I read your stuff every day and have learned a lot. Thanks, Frank
Glad your health has come around, Frank. Welcome back! Congrats on the M9, and the great pic. Looking forward to much more.

shtarka1

Ashwin, you are soooo sadistic. Giving Steve a little taste of the new noct to start the addiction. I remember a drug dealer using the same technique in a Hawaii 5-0 episode I saw when I was a kid ... lucky thing the good guys had Chin and McGarrett.

You both are to be commended ... killer sets. Gorgeous shots.

Daniel, John, Maggie, f1 and the others overlooked, good job. Keep 'em coming.

Kurt
Book Em Ashwin! (Although Ash Is Too Young To Remember This Show!)Funny Analogy Kurt & Yes I Have Been Bitten By The Bug!:)
High school graduation today for the oldest of my two children ... next stop Ohio State next weekend so that he can begin summer classes and his life as a college student next Monday. Proud grandma and grandpa and my daughter.

Cheers!

Kurt
Congrats To Your Son & May His Future Be Healthy, Bright & Successful! Nice Family Kurt!

rayyan

The Gum Wall and David Crosby and his new band. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2.4; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/750s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Charmingly wonderful my friend. The Gum Wall and David Crosby band
shot is delightful and warms the heart. :thumbup:

Regards.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I really love what you did here. I guess I still have a lot of years ahead of me since my age is a lot closer to your parents in the first, original photo. Putting these two side by side reminds me to live my life well during all the years in between the first and second photo you posted.
Thank you, very much appreciated. And you're correct, it's a good reminder. Sadly, one I've not always followed, but genuinely wish I had.

Lloyd

High school graduation today for the oldest of my two children ... next stop Ohio State next weekend so that he can begin summer classes and his life as a college student next Monday. Proud grandma and grandpa and my daughter.

Cheers!

Kurt
Congrats to your son. Nice looking kids.