Site Sponsors
Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    M9 + 2/110 @ F2 + 5.6/250 SA @ F5.6
    Son - am I reading this correctly- MF Zeiss on the M9?

- love the pop in these shots.

Pete

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

M9 + 2/110 @ F2 + 5.6/250 SA @ F5.6
    Way to go Son! Reminds me of the Alternative forum at FM.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Ashwin: What a joy to see excellent work. The moments captured.

I like the first one for its understated elegance.
    The second one is a masterful preservation of a moment in time.
    The fourth, a beauty, the father and son. brilliant.

Once again superb work Ashwin.
    Just as he says. +1 from me all around.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

These are terrific Matt. I really love this first one.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    A few more...

Steve, take 2 (B&W, slightly different than the color version)

My pops...(does the flare work here? not sure...)

Bob and Supinda

Baby Dean

The Caffreys

Andy and Daughter Genevieve
    Another brilliant set. I mean, you even made Steve look good. (I need to have you shoot some of me. Then we really would scare folks off!)

I love this shot of your Dad. Awesome.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, OUTSTANDING, Matt. Love the guitar player and the hands...is this from your workshop! Another remarkable collection!!!
    Ashwin: Thank you. No, my wife and I went down the next day to get some more Sweet Peas. Just in Season, and going fast.

A few more...
    Steve, take 2 (B&W, slightly different than the color version)
    My pops...(does the flare work here? not sure...)
    Ashwin: Great family and friends shots. That first guy must be the black sheep of the family; bit rough? I think the flare and the hue work well.

Matt: Where is the maestro?
    rayyan: Behind the camera; near the food and wine.

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Big,Monster +1! Awesome Matt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    These are terrific Matt. I really love this first one.
    Steve/Lloyd: Thank you both. I like that second shot; but, I think the focus could have been better. This was when I discovered my lens diopter was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, You Know You Dunn Good When You Have Ash Ensconced In Your Work! Looking Dapper Too!
    Steve:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Dudes! you guys are rockin' the German cameras!

A few from a recent trip to Monhegan Island off the coast of Maine.

(oops, last one is with lensbaby so maybe it's the Nikon by mistake. But if it's any consolation, the Nikon wishes it was a Leica.)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    (oops, last one is with lensbaby so maybe it's the Nikon by mistake. But if it's any consolation, the Nikon wishes it was a Leica.)
    Tim: Those are great! The reflections in that first one are esp. cool. Great color, framing and PP, all around. Sometimes, my Leica wishes it was a Nikon with a big lens. Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tim: Those are great! The reflections in that first one are esp. cool. Great color, framing and PP, all around. Sometimes, my Leica wishes it was a Nikon with a big lens. Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt! Hmmm, "big lens envy"... sounds vaguely familiar.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post

These really are terrific Tim. I love that first one in particular. That's art, brother!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt: Outstanding, as others have said. Super + superb.
    Allow me to jump on that bandwagon; a genuine favorite!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Lloyd and Steve for the nice comment but I am not really a good photographer especially on the rangefinder system like you folks here. I am learning to use the system and keep watching your images and others come through here. I am amazed how you folk can capture images with this system. An example is the recent image by Ashwin with the wonderful expression. We all have our strengths and we can learn and support each other.

Peter and Charlie,
    Yes we are now able to put the Hasseblad Carl Zeiss lens on the Leica M9 system. There are two reasons why I felt this was important to carry out: 1) Macro work and 2) telephoto lens. I feel that many of us begin to own one system and the range finder system is good with wide angle to mid focal length. The lack of macro and long telephoto lens was something I want to add to the system. I also had another idea but Really Right Stuff had beat me to the finish line so I commend them for their vision to support us photographer.

Best Regards,
    -Son

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Son,

So, have you developed an M to Hasselblad adapter? The 110/2 has gorgeous bokeh and would certainly be interesting to try on the M9 especially if it were coupled (It'd be a large lens to use ... but so is the Noct). As a shallow depth of field kind of guy, I'd be very excited to use that particular lens.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

hi Kurt,
    Yes I have seen your development over the years and always fascinated by your original approach to photography especially the shallow depth of field for landscape work. I see that the Noctilux has work out very well for you and the black and white images.

Interestingly, I love the Zeiss optics especially in black and white since I see the smooth tonality in these lens. When I do colors I prefer the Leica, Schneider Rollei and Hasselblad Zeiss Superachromat lens. Thus, I have made an adapter for the Hasselblad lens to work on the Visoflex so you can see through the prism for focusing. The adapter must be quite thin and accurate to get to infinity as well. I have not been happy with the Visoflex lens and thus another reason why this set was made.

Best Regards,
    Son

Post Thanks / Like

Son, I'm glad to hear that you're busy making more adapters.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim, lovely shots you have there! You are rocking the German optics as well!

Son, congrats on adopting some legendary glass and making it work so well.

Tom, nice to see ya here! I am admiring that Luigi case as I type this .

Ash
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tim, lovely shots you have there! You are rocking the German optics as well!

Ash
    Thank you sir!

And to you Lloyd, for your encouragement.

Best,
    Tim

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin - Terry - Son - David - Matt - so many good shots. . . . . . and all I've got to offer is a bend in the road:

and an offering:

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Tom - it is in my blood to make things that I see as solutions

Jono - I 've seen many great works from you in the past like others here but rarely comment. This is my first so here:
    Yes you only use a bend road but you forgot to mentioned that you bend the light to make the bended road looks magic.

Best Regards,
    Son

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono - I 've seen many great works from you in the past like others here but rarely comment. This is my first so here:
    Yes you only use a bend road but you forgot to mentioned that you bend the light to make the bended road looks magic.

Best Regards,
    Son
    +1 from me. Well said.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Regards,
    Son
    Amen To That!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellas -

Inspired by Lloyd's moving descriptions, I want to give just a little introduction to give you a reference point for what these pictures are about.

I borrowed the CV 21/4 from a friend this past weekend to take some photos of another friend's bachelor party. All the following photos were taken with his lens. (For those of you who read Steve Huff's website, my friend's actually famous! He's the one who wrote the article about traveling to SF with the M9. )

Anyway, bachelor parties for us are a bit different from what you normally see on TV. We started off the day at 8:30am by meeting at church. Our group of guys gathered together to share and encourage our soon-to-be-married friend. We shared stories of what to expect, and reminded him to be a strong, graceful, and loving husband. We finished that session with probably the most important thing we could ever do for our friend - praying together, asking God to bless their marriage and always watch over them, and also showing our friend that we'll always be there for support if he needed it.

Afterwards, most of the guys went off to play paintball for the next few hours, one last chance to release the inner violence before being domesticated, I suppose However, I went home to help my wife run errands and take care of our newborn. One of the best moments of the weekend was here, when my wife was giving our little boy a bath. Apparently, he really enjoys bathtime - hopefully this will continue as he keeps growing!

In the evening, I rejoined the boys at our favorite restaurant to celebrate at: Fogo de Chao. The restaurant is a Brazilian churrascaria - if you're unfamiliar with these types of restaurants, basically it's an entire buffet of delicious meats. Servers will come by your table with large slabs of meats on platters or giant skewers. If you fancy the meat they are carrying, they will slice off a piece and put it on your plate. This goes on until your stomach begs you to stop. During our wait, I thought it would be fun to shoot some candids to maybe catch some fun moments - certainly, a few of interesting moments came up.

Oh yes, it was a happy Saturday Thanks for reading!
    Jerry
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Great shot of your wife and baby, Jerry.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Regards,
    Son
    Son: Very well said sir. It is an honor to meet such a person.

Jono: +1 to what Son said. I couldn't say it any better. btw..the book is worth it!!

Regards.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post

Hey fellas -

Inspired by Lloyd's moving descriptions, I want to give just a little introduction to give you a reference point for what these pictures are about.

However, I went home to help my wife run errands and take care of our newborn. One of the best moments of the weekend was here, when my wife was giving our little boy a bath. Apparently, he really enjoys bathtime - hopefully this will continue as he keeps growing!

panda81: This is a brilliant photograph. One that you and your wife shall cherish and preserve for your child.

Superb.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellas -

I borrowed the CV 21/4 from a friend this past weekend to take some photos of another friend's bachelor party. All the following photos were taken with his lens. (For those of you who read Steve Huff's website, my friend's actually famous! He's the one who wrote the article about traveling to SF with the M9. )

Anyway, bachelor parties for us are a bit different from what you normally see on TV. We started off the day at 8:30am by meeting at church. Our group of guys gathered together to share and encourage our soon-to-be-married friend. We shared stories of what to expect, and reminded him to be a strong, graceful, and loving husband. We finished that session with probably the most important thing we could ever do for our friend - praying together, asking God to bless their marriage and always watch over them, and also showing our friend that we'll always be there for support if he needed it.

Afterwards, most of the guys went off to play paintball for the next few hours, one last chance to release the inner violence before being domesticated, I suppose However, I went home to help my wife run errands and take care of our newborn. One of the best moments of the weekend was here, when my wife was giving our little boy a bath. Apparently, he really enjoys bathtime - hopefully this will continue as he keeps growing!

In the evening, I rejoined the boys at our favorite restaurant to celebrate at: Fogo de Chao. The restaurant is a Brazilian churrascaria - if you're unfamiliar with these types of restaurants, basically it's an entire buffet of delicious meats. Servers will come by your table with large slabs of meats on platters or giant skewers. If you fancy the meat they are carrying, they will slice off a piece and put it on your plate. This goes on until your stomach begs you to stop. During our wait, I thought it would be fun to shoot some candids to maybe catch some fun moments - certainly, a few of interesting moments came up.

Jerry: Thank you for sharing. I was touched by your description, and wonder how much better off many marriage would be if started in such a serious and thoughtful manner... and with the earnest support of good friends.

The images are strong, and that one of your wife and child simply priceless.

You have told (and shown us) your advantage Jerry. Advantage indeed.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, lovely posts here!!!! Trying not to miss a beat!

@ Jono: Wow, you make the bend in the road sublime with your treatment. I am in complete agreement with Son and Lloyd, plus I love the light on the flower in your second shot.

@ Jerry: Just saw these images on your flickr site. Marvelous, my friend, and even better to see and hear the story behind these magical moments leading forward in your life! Wonderful stuff!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend I shot some dear friends' 30th anniversary party. I've picked three favorites to show, which are not of the anniversary couple, but of their daughter, her boyfriend, and an Armenian chef.

Jenny with roses:

Armenian kabob:

Alex and Jenny:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
    --Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, everyone, some great photos these last few days! Lloyd, your photo of Pepper brought tears to my eyes, I know exactly the feeling. And such a striking portrait or Mimi, and the parallel photos of your parents half a century apart. Jerry, welcome, you can never go wrong with beautiful women, adorable dogs and babies. Matt, congrats on your exhibit, and for covering the Freemont streakfest. I've got a photo of the guy with the aluminum bass from Pike Place Market--he gets around. Ash, thanks for the visit to my old haunts in Boston, And Jono, that was some bend in the road, superangulonified, with even the IR clouds bending!

I just worked a 12-hour day, with more to come (sigh), but I wanted to make sure y'all knew I was looking and appreciating!

--Peter

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a conventional guy. By necessity and training.

Unless there is a compelling reason to be otherwise.

Then instincts get in the way...primitive instincts...

And things start looking up.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Best Regards,
    Son
    Jono: I'll jump on. +1 from me, also. Well said, Son. The first is like looking in a carnival mirror. There's some illusion going on. The second is intriguing: a spring, glass flower, single cobweb, and a incredible background bokeh. A Druid Solstice offering? Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

panda81: This is a brilliant photograph. One that you and your wife shall cherish and preserve for your child.
    Superb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Jerry: Thank you for sharing. I was touched by your description, and wonder how much better off many marriage would be if started in such a serious and thoughtful manner... and with the earnest support of good friends.
    The images are strong, and that one of your wife and child simply priceless.
    You have told (and shown us) your advantage Jerry. Advantage indeed.
    Jerry: +1, what they said. Nice picture, nice family, and nice way to celebrate the coming marriage. Cheers, Matt.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A movie crew with Canon DSLR's (although the guy in plaid might have a Nikon; I had the only Leica). Pretty elaborate mic setup. No gaffers, best boy, or grips in sight. It looked like they were going from busker to busker and filming each. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/3000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/6.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Klein View Post
    This weekend I shot some dear friends' 30th anniversary party. I've picked three favorites to show, which are not of the anniversary couple, but of their daughter, her boyfriend, and an Armenian chef.
    Jenny with roses:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
    --Peter
    Wow, everyone, some great photos these last few days! Lloyd, your photo of Pepper brought tears to my eyes, I know exactly the feeling. And such a striking portrait or Mimi, and the parallel photos of your parents half a century apart. Jerry, welcome, you can never go wrong with beautiful women, adorable dogs and babies. Matt, congrats on your exhibit, and for covering the Freemont streakfest. I've got a photo of the guy with the aluminum bass from Pike Place Market--he gets around. Ash, thanks for the visit to my old haunts in Boston, And Jono, that was some bend in the road, superangulonified, with even the IR clouds bending!

I just worked a 12-hour day, with more to come (sigh), but I wanted to make sure y'all knew I was looking and appreciating!

--Peter
    Peter: I wondered where were? Beautiful photos. I esp. like the one of the daughter. Excellent, framing, expression and pp. Don't work to hard.

Thanks, and the parade came to me. It went right by my office door. Some of those musicians show up as duos, trios, etc. with dizzying combinations. Cheers, Matt.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Rayan: Nice photo! I like the way the vectors roll up to the left. It should be imbalanced, with those lines and the colors pushing that way, but the darker, central, massing anchors the image.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My fave of the bunch. Crop the shooter out of it and the band has its poster!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Something pulled me in his direction. It was impossible to miss the greatness of this shoe-shiner's sorrow.
    Then a customer approached him, only to be dismissed with a wave of his creased and stained hand. He didn't want to do anything else, but to live out his sorrow.
    I felt lonely and helpless, just like him. All I could do was to capture the moment. I'm glad I did.
    (M8+75'cron)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Something pulled me in his direction. It was impossible to miss the greatness of this shoe-shiner's sorrow.
    Then a customer approached him, only to be dismissed with a wave of his creased and stained hand. He didn't want to do anything else, but to live out his sorrow.
    I felt lonely and helpless, just like him. All I could do was to capture the moment. I'm glad I did.
    (M8+75'cron)

Osman: This is a superb capture Osman. It does indeed have the feeling of
    lonliness about it. The processing is also very nice.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jenny with roses:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
    --Peter
    Peter: Jenny with roses is a beautiful capture. The soft lighting enhances the
    gentleness of the whole capture. I like the Chef and the couple but this one
    does it for me.

Thank you for sharing.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayan: Nice photo! I like the way the vectors roll up to the left. It should be imbalanced, with those lines and the colors pushing that way, but the darker, central, massing anchors the image.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: ' m ' *** if you will. I wouldn't mind being a little reverential!!

Thanks pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    My fave of the bunch. Crop the shooter out of it and the band has its poster!
    Matt: +1 with maggie on this one. Try to show them this see how it takes,

Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you, Rayyan. This was shot on your preferred side of Bosphorus

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ayesha and me have been lucky to have traveled to a lot of countries.

Which is our favorite destination...Without hesitation...Switzerland.

To us it is the people and the place. We have not found any better.

So here, for a few days, is our impression of this beautiful country.

We travel by train...the most efficient service in the world. Believe us. We are right on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin -- Gorgeous shots. Your colors are popping lately. The shot of the man you reclaimed in pp is one of my favorites of the shots you've shown ... it's a scene that just sticks with you.

David, excellent use of the 18mm.

Rayyan, wonderful travel and life vignettes you keep offering us.

Son, you are the one that got me hooked on great bokeh a few years ago by whetting my appetite with those gorgeous Leica R lenses you sold me. I'll keep watching to see what you do to introduce alternative options to the M mount. And, for not spending too much time with rangefinders, you are certainly producing some beautiful shots.

Matt, you are the poster child for not having to upgrade from old noctilux to new noctilux. The look that that lens produces is so unique ... and you wield it so well. I also love the way you utilize shallow dof in your street images.

Tim, nice set ... the reflection is gorgeous ... softness, mixed light, reflections ... pure poetry.

Jono, you are the cloudmaster. All of your shots have such a feeling of majesty with the clouds you capture.

Jerry, fantastic set. I love little documentary sets that capture an event or tell a story. They offer a chance to peek vicariously into other lives, events and cultures.

Peter, very lovely portrait.

Osman, that image just oozes emotion ... I keep staring at it. Very well done.

Kurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you very much, Kurt, I always appreciate your comments.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Switzerland..the way we saw it:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Ashwin - Terry - Son - David - Matt - so many good shots. . . . . . and all I've got to offer is a bend in the road:

The Heavens Always Shine In Your Photos Jono!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellas -

Powerful Photo Of Prayer & Glorious Image Of Your Wife & Son Jerry!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex and Jenny:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
    --Peter
    Peter, The Look Of Love Captured Precisely At The Right Moment! Excellent!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Just Right!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Simon & Garfunkle Started Out Like This! Super Series & PP Matt!