The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Have to play catch up a bit.

Lloyd: Thanks.
Ashwin:
- Nice images with the MATE. The waterfall/rainbow's beautiful.
- "creatures" are very cool! Great "metal" tone to the pp.
- Thanks! :D I just wandered around for a bit and then sat in the Panama Hotel's coffee bar for a while. It's amazing that the same restaurants that I went to while in college are still there!
- Nice catch on the ferry with the sleeping guy. But, the horns on the person with the striped socks are a little troubling. Love the pp.
Mike: Thank you! :D
Slightly surreal photo with the vignetting and the two people. Are they together, or just passing strangers?
Osman: Striking seaside photos. I really like the composition of the last with the contrasting elements and colors. Well seen. :thumbup:
Woody: Excellent, reflective, self-portrait. :salute:
Daniel:
-Beautiful photo. The foreground texture and the colors are incredible.
-I must have missed the one with the sea washing into the rock -that's exceptional (and, +1 to what Osman said)
- the shot at the dock is also fantastic! The sliver of color in the sky and the reflected light on the water and dock are wonderful. Introspective; calming.
Steve: Thank you, sir! :D
Carlos: Well captured and colorful. A nice tradition that's become cross-cultural.
Steve: Great portraits of your friends. I esp. like the first with the wall as background. There's a photo of that wall on Flickr. :thumbup:
Shiro: Very stylish B & W's! Today's and yesterday's fashions. :thumbs: And, thanks for your kind comment. :D
Endre: Good eye. Light and shadow's perfect. Understated pp's cool. :thumbup:
Osman: CONGRATULATIONS! Great photo. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Don Libby

I'm using the Lee RF75, my largest diameter lens is 58mm for the 18mm Distagon. The system will go up to 67mm. I had Gary Singh custom cut me some filters as the Lee ones are quite thin, turnaround was quite long, but the filters are great.
I just got my RF75 which I hop to use both on my M9 as well as the Cambo WRS however I'm still waiting for the adapter rings...

ashwinrao1

Steve, these are outstanding! The colors really burst here like no other, and you are doing that wonderful lens justice, my friend! Great stuff!!! Miss hangin' out with ya!

shtarka1

Steve, these are outstanding! The colors really burst here like no other, and you are doing that wonderful lens justice, my friend! Great stuff!!! Miss hangin' out with ya!
Thanks a lot Ash! I've been so busy at work that i haven't had much time to shoot! You need to get back out here before next summer!:)

m_driscoll

Thanks, Matt. The overblown whites in your shot gives the photograph an eerie air, very kewl, very apt.
An apt assessment. +1.
Matt, i like the slightly askew angle & the detail ,shapes & lines! Nice frame!
Osman/Lloyd/Steve: Gentlemen, thank you! :D

9&90Cron:)
Steve: Amazing colors & B & W! Very creative compositions. Well lit flowers. The last one sort of draws you in. The soft flower emerging from the blackness.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Got this lens back from Leica a few days ago. Giving it a workout. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 35mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 35mm f/1.4; 1/180s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 35mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

gero

It's the geometry of wide. This wide you if you use a planar projection the shapes of things are distorted at the edges; if you use a spherical projection the shapes of things are preserved more or less but straight lines are curved.
It's funny that in this case it is done when stitching the images and not by the lens (sort of like, making a house out of animal skin).