The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

I didn't turn them off. It was what I said. The thing smelled fishy.

I asked the girl on the left..the one with the smoke...what she was smoking!!

I don't like to see kids get into wrong habits. The center one didn't approve of my question.

Their life.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
There's no place like Macy's. There's no place like Macy's. Certainly looks like a modern version of ruby red slippers, Steve.

Looking good, Eleanor.

Careful, sharp edges. Eh, Jono?

Love the narratives, Rayyan. And, the images are excellent too. It's always fascinating to try to get into the subconscious of the shooter.

Kurt

Don, you SW images are very inspiring.

shtarka1

Kurt, Thank You.

Don....Beautiful!

Rayyan, Like the "Tats"! Kids....They Think They've Got It All Figured Out.....Ah To Be A Kid Again....:)

rayyan

I've been busy upgrading my computer and software till this morning. I decided to test everything out by processing an older image I took in Yosemite this past February - beside it's nice remembering the cooler weather why it's 105 outside....

Don: Lovely subdued colors. I really like the snow sprinkled slopes peaking
behind the trees.

Regards.

rayyan

Wisdom...

M9 ,Noct, M8.2 50 Lux asph:)

Steve: Yes sir. There is wisdom and there is hard work. The first shot is
beautifully excuted.

Kurt, Thank You.

Don....Beautiful!

Rayyan, Like the "Tats"! Kids....They Think They've Got It All Figured Out.....Ah To Be A Kid Again....:)
You sure are right there my friend...they think they know it all !!

Best.

Lloyd

I didn't turn them off. It was what I said. The thing smelled fishy.

I asked the girl on the left..the one with the smoke...what she was smoking!!

I don't like to see kids get into wrong habits. The center one didn't approve of my question.

Their life.
You know what? I wish I would have taken advantage of knowing everything before I got old. :eek:

Lloyd

Steve: Yes sir. There is wisdom and there is hard work. The first shot is
beautifully excuted.
I'm with Rayyan here, Steve. All good, LOVE the first one. You know what guys? I've discovered it's true what they say, "with age, comes wisdom". Unfortunately, for some of us, age came alone. :eek:

Lloyd

One slightly OT. I've been going through my father's old slides. I found this shot, and had to share. This is my mother, holding my sister on the right, and your's truly (yep, me) on the left. Thanks for indulging my detour.

Leica IIIc, 5cm f2,0 Summitar. Kodachrome, scanned with a Nikon 4000ED:

rayyan

One slightly OT. I've been going through my father's old slides. I found this shot, and had to share. This is my mother, holding my sister on the right, and your's truly (yep, me) on the left. Thanks for indulging my detour.

What a lovely and sentimental treasure you have there Lloyd. Your sister and mother too! What stories this photo must bring back to your family.!!

And of course, you have not changed at all. The same face.:D

Beautiful Lloyd. Just beautiful.:thumbs:

shtarka1

Talk about a Masterpiece! So many emotions go through my mind looking at this Wonderful Frozen Moment In Time! Your Dad was an Artist with the camera! Thanks for sharing this Gem Lloyd!

Lloyd

What a lovely and sentimental treasure you have there Lloyd. Your sister and mother too! What stories this photo must bring back to your family.!!

And of course, you have not changed at all. The same face.:D

Beautiful Lloyd. Just beautiful.:thumbs:
Thank you, Rayyan. I'll be seeing my mother this weekend, and I'm looking forward to talking with her about the setting, etc.

And, I have changed a little. I'm not much taller, but I am a little broader. :D