Site Sponsors
Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Thank you very much.

Your shot is profoundly impressive. Not just technically, more so aesthetically. I don't know why, but the boyish and a little snob expression of the violinist takes me ages back to Renaissance Italy.
    I am very pleased by your lavish praise. Thank you! And wouldn't it be fun to be able to go back to Renaissance Italy (or Renaissance anywhere)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No praise, honest! As for going back to Renaissance, I'd probably prefer hopping to Tahiti before the white man came

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    Thankyou Irakly
    I really like the series you posted further up the page, I was also tricked by your first image, well done!
    thank you
    i love those color black-and-whites. usually eyes just slide by the scene of this kind to find something more colorful, and we do not notice it. in this case it was impossible to ignore this grayscale phantasmagoria because it was my hotel room

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

About "post processing" in the building reflection images in monotone....just occurred to me that you all were not talking about "abstract" manipulation (such as liquify filter) but the tonalities in B&W....What I did do was use some of the B&W filter presets in Lightroom 3... mainly numbers B&w 2 and 3. This emphasized the contrast, blue sky white clouds and so on. This I did do! Sorry about any miscommunication!! eleanor

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eleanorbrown View Post
    Today is cloudy..different reflection...this time in color and some of the interior lights are visible. =
    also, Lloyd...thanks very much for your kind words. Eleanor
    Eleanor: Very nice in color, too.

Thank you very much.
    Your shot is profoundly impressive. Not just technically, more so aesthetically. I don't know why, but the boyish and a little snob expression of the violinist takes me ages back to Renaissance Italy.
    Tim: I like it. My only thought is probably the light and shadows. His face appears very smooth and flat. The light seems to come from his right. Maybe a little more contrast to bring out the shadows? Early Renaissance painting while they were still working out light, shadow and perspective.

About "post processing" in the building reflection images in monotone....just occurred to me that you all were not talking about "abstract" manipulation (such as liquify filter) but the tonalities in B&W....What I did do was use some of the B&W filter presets in Lightroom 3... mainly numbers B&w 2 and 3. This emphasized the contrast, blue sky white clouds and so on. This I did do! Sorry about any miscommunication!! eleanor
    Eleanor: I actually was thinking about "liquify" pp! I know that it's almost impossible to get "flat" glass; but, that seems extraordinarily uneven. Do you know the name of the building? I'm curious.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/60s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/500s @ f/2.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/125s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

4. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/180s @ f/4.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

I have to say, Matt. You're getting some impressive results with this camera/lens combo. And as for the first shot... well, I've had the same reaction to a price tag... holding my stomach and gasping for breath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't know the name of the building Matt. Next time I'll look to see if it has a name. It is bordered by a bank on the east and the Houston City Club (think that's the name) on the south...it's just north of Highway 59 which runs through the city and is in Greenway Plaza. That's all the info I have about it but the glass is wavy and made to reflect in an interesting way! eleanor

[QUOTE=m_driscoll;224329]Eleanor: Very nice in color, too.

Eleanor: I actually was thinking about "liquify" pp! I know that it's almost impossible to get "flat" glass; but, that seems extraordinarily uneven. Do you know the name of the building? I'm curious.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Matt, it is the Encore Bank Building, Richmond Ave, Houston.
    https://www.encorebank.com/locations_houston.php

[QUOTE=eleanorbrown;224340]I don't know the name of the building Matt. Next time I'll look to see if it has a name. It is bordered by a bank on the east and the Houston City Club (think that's the name) on the south...it's just north of Highway 59 which runs through the city and is in Greenway Plaza. That's all the info I have about it but the glass is wavy and made to reflect in an interesting way! eleanor

Eleanor: Very nice in color, too.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...out a couple of weeks and not only is there a new thread but so much great work. Much to compliment but just want to say that Ashwin, Osman, Matt (congrats on your showing!), Lloyd and Eleanor....like what you have recently posted. Yours and others are all top notch.

Had a business trip to Canada (too much business and not enough photography time) which resulted in the following images...

Also, thanks to all for your comments on the following image. It was just selected for the Center for Fine Art Photography show entitled "Black and White".

Best Regards -- Bishop

Post Thanks / Like

Something in a different vein, at least for me. Moss on the pier.
    M8 with 75'cron.

That's a terrific photo, Osman. Movement, color, composition -- it all gels together. A whole new direction with lots of potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Today is cloudy..different reflection...this time in color and some of the interior lights are visible.
    This one is really fine, Eleanor. It's like a hundred different abstract photos all arranged into a tight pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Matt, I love these flower shots you've been coming up with over the past few weeks. I don't how you're doing it, but --please-- keep them coming. They're wonderful. The composition and processing are simply amazing.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BishopB View Post
    Wow...out a couple of weeks and not only is there a new thread but so much great work. Much to compliment but just want to say that Ashwin, Osman, Matt (congrats on your showing!), Lloyd and Eleanor....like what you have recently posted. Yours and others are all top notch.

Had a business trip to Canada (too much business and not enough photography time) which resulted in the following images...

Also, thanks to all for your comments on the following image. It was just selected for the Center for Fine Art Photography show entitled "Black and White".

Welcome back, Bishop. Great shots, and wonderful processing. And congrats on the selection, that's richly deserved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    M8 and the Nokton Classic 35/1.4:

Lightshaft, June 19, 2010
    Maggie, the whole set is excellent, but this one really soars.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, no wonder it was selected for the show! Must have missed this when you posted it before. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Outstanding stuff! I really like the corner of the upside down boat. And congrats on being selected!

A couple of shots in the style of: "I just had the camera with me so what the hell"

This place doesn't look like much, but the Chinese food is excellent!

And this as I was almost home and crossing the small bridge to my road.

Post Thanks / Like

Bishop: How can anyone do any business at Lake Louise???! Lovely shots.

--Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    That's a terrific photo, Osman. Movement, color, composition -- it all gels together. A whole new direction with lots of potential.
    Osman -- This is a beautiful image! Well done...
    Best Regards -- Bishop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Outstanding stuff! I really like the corner of the upside down boat. And congrats on being selected!

Thank you for your comments. This image is flat out beautiful...great pastel hues. A wonder you did drive off the road when seeing this shot...no doubt a wonderful print!
    Best Regards -- Bishop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Klein View Post
    Bishop: How can anyone do any business at Lake Louise???! Lovely shots.

--Peter
    Peter -- Hard to believe any group would set a conference for this setting, huh? Not a lot of time but I did make it to Lake Louise as you guessed. Although it was raining lightly, I could not believe the place and my good fortune to find this gentleman sitting there reading the paper under his umbrella. Not the classic view from the lake but one that is special to me. Hope to get back again in the future.

Lloyd & David -- Thanks for your comments as well!
    Best Regards -- Bishop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    M8 and the Nokton Classic 35/1.4:

Sunset, June 8th, 2010

b]Storm, June 17, 2010[/b]

(this one is with the CV 21 Color Skopar)

Lightshaft, June 19, 2010

Eastern Lightshaft, June 19, 2010

Virga, June, 2010
    Maggie: WOW, WOW, WOW! What you miss in geography in Nebraska, you sure make up for in meteorology. Well seen, well caught, beautiful!

--Peter

Post Thanks / Like

One more from my recent trip...Color even...

Best Regards -- Bishop

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I have to say, Matt. You're getting some impressive results with this camera/lens combo. And as for the first shot... well, I've had the same reaction to a price tag... holding my stomach and gasping for breath.
    Lloyd: Thank you sir. This lens draws in a different way then the 90mm f/2. not as sharp; but unique.

I don't know the name of the building Matt. Next time I'll look to see if it has a name. It is bordered by a bank on the east and the Houston City Club (think that's the name) on the south...it's just north of Highway 59 which runs through the city and is in Greenway Plaza. That's all the info I have about it but the glass is wavy and made to reflect in an interesting way! eleanor
    Eleanor: Thanks. I want to look it up and see who made the curtain wall system. Office buildings usually don't look like the fun factory!

Bishop: Thank you and congratulations on your selection. I remember that stunning photo. Looks like you went to Banff. Great composition and pp on these photos.

Matt, I love these flower shots you've been coming up with over the past few weeks. I don't how you're doing it, but --please-- keep them coming. They're wonderful. The composition and processing are simply amazing.
    David: Thank you, sir. I look at the great flower shots posted here and have to try.

A couple of shots in the style of: "I just had the camera with me so what the hell"

Tim: Those are often the best shots. I like both of these. The IQ and quality of light and color in both are stunning!

Bishop: Great composition. I love the tone and pp.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for your praises, David and Bishop.
    Bishop your recent posts are stunning.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So many good things to look at.
    Irakly - great to see you here, I hope you stick around - love the monolithic 'monochrome' of the first shot.
    Osman - your weedy departure is lovely - as is the huggers on the quay
    Kurt - congratulations on your new puppy - looks like trouble.
    Maggie - splendid to see you here as well - love Maggie Grins - and the last sky shot - the interaction between the clouds and the building/chimney are after my own heart.
    Stephane - the sunset drink is the one - but with a subject like that
    Eleanor - the reflection shots are killer (I prefer the black and white)
    Matt - love the old guy with the fag especially - and the bartering ladies too.
    Daniel - more splendid seascapes - I like the landscape one best
    Bishop - lovely toned black and white - I like the umbrella and the last one the best.
    Terry - that lake looks so peaceful - tell me there are no mosquitoes!

Hooray!

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi There
    Here is a little low key rural life:

Barrow hosepipe and chair
    M9 new 35 'lux at f8:

Borage (where's the Pimms)
    M9 75 'cron at f2.8

I still don't understand why anybody can refer to this lens as 'clinical', it presses my button every time I use it.
    Last edited by jonoslack; 1st July 2010 at 00:58.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Jono, and lovely shots, especially the last one. I totally agree with you; 75'cron is not clinical, it's a sweetie...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Intimacy. Love. Ice-cream. M8 and MATE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks David ....this is really fun to photograph. Eleanor

This one is really fine, Eleanor. It's like a hundred different abstract photos all arranged into a tight pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Maggie ditto what Peter said...these are incredible! Eleanor

Maggie: WOW, WOW, WOW! What you miss in geography in Nebraska, you sure make up for in meteorology. Well seen, well caught, beautiful!

--Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some pictures from a traditional wet market in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Those with an aversion to blood may want to skip some of these...shot with M9 and Voigtlander 28/3.5..some have been cropped:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

M8 with 75'cron.

Osman, A Beautiful Work Of Art!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharp,Pretty,Beautiful!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Yoon View Post
    Some pictures from a traditional wet market in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Those with an aversion to blood may want to skip some of these...shot with M9 and Voigtlander 28/3.5..some have been cropped:

Nick, Powerful,Colorful, Stark....Well Done!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent Combination ,PP & Shot Osman!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Steve, I'm flattered! Thank you very, very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This thread is moving at breakneck speed! Thanks to everyone who commented on my offerings (even you Jono, I'm flattered to be mistaken for Terry) and massive kudos to all the stellar examples of Leica photography.

Here are some primary colors found in an unexpected place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This thread is moving at breakneck speed! Thanks to everyone who commented on my offerings (even you Jono, I'm flattered to be mistaken for Terry) and massive kudos to all the stellar examples of Leica photography.

Mastery on your part and magnificent color performance on Leica's...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice "just had the camera shot" Tim, and this second one... so NICE!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi There

M9 new 35 'lux at f8:

M9 75 'cron at f2.8

I still don't understand why anybody can refer to this lens as 'clinical', it presses my button every time I use it.
    The new 35 Lux is tuned perfectly to your hand Jono! The 75 cron image is Gorgeous!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=BishopB;224366]Wow...out a couple of weeks and not only is there a new thread but so much great work. Much to compliment but just want to say that Ashwin, Osman, Matt (congrats on your showing!), Lloyd and Eleanor....like what you have recently posted. Yours and others are all top notch.

This is Fantastic!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A Lovely, Serene Shot TR!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Another beauty, Bishop. And, I'm gonna have to agree with the other comment about "business" there. "Yes, er, sure boss, we're gonna, er do some, er, you know, business while we're there... yeah, that's the ticket!:

Hi There

M9 new 35 'lux at f8:

M9 75 'cron at f2.8
    My lens envy continues unabated, Jono. Very nice. I too love the 75 cron, but let's just say my mother wouldn't be happy with me if I took her portrait with it. A little too, shall we say, "unforgiving".

Another great moment captured, Osman. I really like the composition here as well.

Colorful, powerful series Nick. Not what you see at the local supermarket, for sure.

Nicely seen, and captured Tim. Is that blue the reflection of the sky?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hi There

M9 new 35 'lux at f8:

M9 75 'cron at f2.8

Jono: Can always use a little slice of rural life from you (and Tim). Had to look up "Borage". Both outstanding photos. Beautiful muted colors in this one. I personally think the 75 cron is in the very top tier! Cheers, Matt.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Osman: Excellent capture, framing and pp! You have a "theme" going. Don't get arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Sharp,Pretty,Beautiful!
    Steve: Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Nick, Powerful,Colorful, Stark....Well Done!
    Nick: +1. Definitely not like the "markets" around here. I won't show my wife the one with the frogs in the cage.

Tim: Good eye! Great framing and juxtaposition of primary colors.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Matt, Lloyd, Shtarka1, Osman: Thanks so much for your comments.

(Lloyd... yep, that's the sunny, bluebird sky reflecting in the windows on the shady side of the street.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    A few images of the new GSD pup. Shots today, so he's a little sleepy. M9 and 75lux.

Kurt

Kurt, your puppy is adorable! Great shots - please keep updating us with more puppy pics!

Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    18mm Distagon.

Daniel - you're exceptional with the Zeiss 18mm. So beautiful - photos are both peaceful and turbulent at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    i have a few students taking my online courses who live in japan. they were asking me about a live performance for quite some time. eventually i gave in, as i had absolutely nothing to do in june (no work in detroit these days ). just came back. no regrets whatsoever
    I really love the first photo you attached here. Thanks for sharing!

M8 with 75'cron.

Like many others said, beautiful abstract, Osman! Something about it feels so organic even before reading your description.
    Jerry
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick, you're making me HUNGRY!!! Gorgeous pix of what is, no doubt, fresh and flavorful food!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

--Peter
    Thanks, Peter! Yeah, the weather here can be pretty wild and makes for a great cinema of scenery.