The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Very nice images, Edwin. Thanks for sharing. I love the way that Canon lens renders too.
Edwin: +1. Nice images; nice looking kids (one's children always make the best subjects!)
Thanks, Ashwin, Maggie, Steve, Matt, and rayyan.
I do love the 24 lux. It was 106 degrees my first day in Vegas, so I spent most of the time indoors shooting wide open or close to wide open.
Here are three ceiling shots using the 24 lux.
David: You have a good eye for framing and for organizing the abstract qualities of your subjects. :thumbup:
The puppy and child theme is a happy one after all of the homeless shots. Kurt
Kurt: Nice photograph. Excellent framing and focus. :salute: I want a puppy! :cry: What kind of puppy is that?
Steve: These are both great! Nicely framed and captured. The lines/vectors, landscape forms, and reflections in the Tai chi photo are terrific.
As always, I enjoy catching up and seeing all the incredibly varied images on this forum! I have a few taken yesterday...I'm trying to carry my M9 with me more on errands, etc. shot some store reflections around my area of Houston in the process. Here are a few. I was drawn to the "layers" in these images"...Taken with the M9 and 75 Cron asph lens......Eleanor
Eleanor: Beautiful reflections. This one is simpler then the others. Nicely done!
That's a nice shot, and excellent use of the wide angle, Helen. Congrats on the new camera (and the very nice glass). Looking forward to much more as you share your rangefinder journey!
Helen: +1, what Lloyd said. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Since there's a critter theme going...

Recently, a Song Sparrow flew into one of my studio's windows and got the wind knocked out of it and I was able to get close enough to get a decent photo of the little bird:

The sparrow got its breath back shortly after I made that photo and flew off, right as rain again. (M8, 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit)

rayyan

Since there's a critter theme going...

Recently, a Song Sparrow flew into one of my studio's windows and got the wind knocked out of it and I was able to get close enough to get a decent photo of the little bird:

The sparrow got its breath back shortly after I made that photo and flew off, right as rain again. (M8, 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit)
Maggie: That's cool. I am glad the sparrow made it. That 90mm is a lovely lens.

rayyan

Different kind of stones. I took my 50mm c-sonnar the last trip. I am starting
to like this one.

shtarka1

Maggie, Sharp ,Cute & Colorful! Glad The Bird Is Doing Fine...:)

Rayyan, The 50 C- Sonnar Packs A Nice Little IQ Punch!

panda81

oh my...i miss a day or two, and there are way too many excellent photos to catch up on...

Both beautiful photos! You're so talented to make use of all sorts of different elements to capture attention (color, repetitive elements, light, etc.)

So much good stuff - I've been busy (still am)
Here are a couple from the new 35 'lux:

Awesome photo Jonathan! Also thanks for all the effort into sharing your photos with the new 35 Lux. Can't believe the far out criticisms you got on LUF in that 35 Lux thread. At least he ended up apologizing for it...

m8 & vc 15 ltm
Very nice, a classic photo, love the spiraling!

Wisdom...

So beautiful, the black and white treatment makes this person just emanate a feeling of profoundness...

One slightly OT. I've been going through my father's old slides. I found this shot, and had to share. This is my mother, holding my sister on the right, and your's truly (yep, me) on the left. Thanks for indulging my detour.

Leica IIIc, 5cm f2,0 Summitar. Kodachrome, scanned with a Nikon 4000ED:
Absolutely...wow! I guess photographic talents may be a genetic trait too? :) So beautiful!

Very nice, I love the stark white negative space, penetrated by the deep red of the ship!

since we're doing dogs here, this is Cindy, my parents (who swore they'd never own another pet) new dog. Kinda cute, no?

Incredibly cute!

panda81

My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... blind in his left eye, and losing the sight in the right as well. He's almost totally deaf, and his front shoulders are in terrible shape. Sleeps most of the day now, waking to move from one sunny spot to another. He used to be an athletic marvel, able to jump nearly 6 feet in the air to take a treat out of my hand. He was always in motion. Mimi and I had always been big dog people, but we rescued this little toy poodle, when his previous owners decided they simply didn't want two dogs (they had a teacup poodle as well... a yappie little rat) He's been with us 14 years now, but he stole our hearts right from the beginning. He's still very loving, and even playful (in short bursts), and still has reasonable health, but we know he won't last long. We'll miss him a lot, but I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH @ f2:

Go toward the light, old friend. It's ok. We'll be ok... and thank you.

I really love how all your photos have significant meaning in your life. Thanks for sharing them with us. That's really the main purpose of all my photographic addictions too - hopefully my family and friends will enjoy them in years to come. I don't have to be renowned by the public, in fact I'm sure I won't, but I just hope my family will cherish the memories from my photos in the future.

Here are a few Leica-related snaps of my Stinkerball (just a nickname, we didn't really name him that!)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Ashwin: Thank you for coming. Fortunately, i'd had my coffee before i checked this forum. I realized after i got home that the diopter had fallen off my M9, so, some of my photos at the opening were a little blurry. I thought it was eye strain. Thanks for documenting it. I can refer my daughter to your post. That way she'll know that i do something besides work.
Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you and thank you for your assistance.
Rayyan: Thank you and thank you for your inspiring work!

All: Thanks for your posts. This is a great forum to learn from; and, most civilized too. BTW, I'm not quitting my day job.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, had to stop by the M forum to learn the news, you sly devil. Congratulations! The recognition is well deserved, for a great photographer, a kind man and a good friend. We're all proud of you :thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
While i'm around these parts... among the always superb work displayed here from all of you guys, i'll second this:

Lloyd: Yes sir, a great tribute for a beloved family member. My words shall be inadequate. My feelings I can't put in words.

Take care.
Lloyd, it looks like many of us has a history with rescued dogs, so we more or less know the feeling. While it's indeed hard to put it into words, thanks for sharing. All the best to Pepper, Spike, and all the family.

shtarka1

I really love how all your photos have significant meaning in your life. Thanks for sharing them with us. That's really the main purpose of all my photographic addictions too - hopefully my family and friends will enjoy them in years to come. I don't have to be renowned by the public, in fact I'm sure I won't, but I just hope my family will cherish the memories from my photos in the future.

Here are a few Leica-related snaps of my Stinkerball (just a nickname, we didn't really name him that!)

Well Put Jerry! Love This Shot!!!

m_driscoll

Jono: +1 for everybody's comments on the 35mm. To quote David: "From the ridiculous to the sublime..."

David: You're warming up to the "Life after Vegas" theme. That last B & W is very striking with the dark to light, textures and focus. I guessing it's be good in color, also.

Lloyd: Well, Pepper and Spike got to me a bit. Reminds me of pets that we've had, and the one we have now that's also getting old and will be sorely missed. I need to remember this: "Go toward the light, old friend. It's ok. We'll be ok... and thank you."
Thank you for that and allowing us in.

Per: Nice photo of Snuffan. :thumbup:

XK50: Beautiful tram photos. That first one's very cool. :cool:

Steve: Well said and an excellent photo of Wendy!

Rayyan: Well framed. Seems balanced even without the bow of the ship. The two superstructures probably do it. Very graphic and "cold".

Nick: Well captured. That scene was probably repeated in a lot of US bars today!

Bart: Gotta love those trams! Is the center photo from a museum? We actually have two in Seattle: one old, along the waterfront; and one new, running through Paul Allen (of Microsoft fame) biotech land. I'll take some photos for comparison. Not as nice as #9.

Osman: Thank you! :D

JKlotz: Nice portrait. Super bokeh.

Rayyan: Nice ? I don't see wires. It's beautiful; whatever it is! The colors of the background and the red brick work very well with the glass. Great PP. Does it identify the location of a Perfumarie?

Rayyan: Ayesha's obviously not locked up (and from what we know of her through your photos never was, or will be)! Beautiful framing. The backdrop of the mountains set off her posture and red jacket.

Steve: Great B & W. Composition and PP are excellent.

Maggie: Glad the bird's OK. The hose, the rocks and the sparrow make a very nice composition. The hose seems to protect the bird.

Rayyan: Nice fountain. Freezing the water drops makes a great image. Well done.

Jerry: Thank you. Ashwin touched up that portrait quite a bit in Photoshop!
Excellent photos of "Stinkerball"!

Corlan: Thank you very much. About 10 years ago, my firm received an award from the Vinyl Siding Institute (or something like that). I believe it was because we were designing hundreds of those ubiquitous 3-story suburban walk up apartments with lots, and lots of vinyl siding. The show's probably my reward for an out of control photo equipment lust that's periodically satisfied at Glazer's Camera, where this show was. :LOL: Seriously...much appreciated.

Steve: This last 9 & Noct photo's seriously cool! The magician dazzles us again.

Cheers, Matt