Site Sponsors
Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 5144

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    Wow you folks are prolifiic....don't any of you work for a living?

Just kidding - anyway, I only really get to shoot at weekends, so I'll bombard you all on a Monday

A few from the past couple of days, M8 and Nokton 50mm f1.5 for the first, and the others with the Ultron 35mm:

Regards

Mike
    Mike: Wonderful series. I esp. like these ones. Wherever I can, tend to favor
    BW. I think your treatment here is simply gorgeous.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the must visit places in Edinburgh; highly recommended.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Finally, Amasra: Incessant rain, a warm breeze, beautiful smell of seawater accompanied by the gentle sound of waves and an occasional triumphant call of a seagull. A town with a curious geography; small bays on each side, and an historical bridge separating the town from the Genoese district. Too many ghosts from earlier centuries. I'm under a spell, cannot concentrate and shoot. I sit down down, calm myself, grab my wet M8 and start exploring. Is this a dream?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Excellent shots, Mike, all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Terrific set Mike. First rate all the way through. Glad you're sharing these with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Mike: Wonderful series. I esp. like these ones. Wherever I can, tend to favor
    BW. I think your treatment here is simply gorgeous.
    Thank you for your very kind comments. A few more to share from the last couple of days:

Thanks for looking, and kind regards.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

A beautiful shot Mohammed. Makes me wish to see this place in person.
    Thank you Sir
    M (Typ240), Lux 24mm ASPH, Lux 35mm FLE, Cron APO 75mm ASPH, 60mm Macro-Elmarit-R, 80-200mm Vario-Elmar-R. Sony a7S
    MohammadTaqi.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

An ironic that it aptly describes your photography, Rayyan. "Beyond Words"

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your very kind comments. A few more to share from the last couple of days:

Mike
    More great stuff Mike, for me, especially the last three. I'm enjoying your processing as well. Glad you're with us.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, Amasra: Incessant rain, a warm breeze, beautiful smell of seawater accompanied by the gentle sound of waves and an occasional triumphant call of a seagull. A town with a curious geography; small bays on each side, and an historical bridge separating the town from the Genoese district. Too many ghosts from earlier centuries. I'm under a spell, cannot concentrate and shoot. I sit down down, calm myself, grab my wet M8 and start exploring. Is this a dream?
    Osman, this set is something special. Not only introducing us to an interesting and unique place most of us will never see in person, but also possessing something special in the power of your images. I have to say that they convey a feeling I sensed, but had a hard time identifying at first. Then I realized that there are no obvious people in any of the images. I think that adds to the "ghosts for earlier centuries" feeling you mentioned. It's a powerful effect. Hard to image the history there. My mother's side of the family has called the US home since the early 1600s, but that's almost newcomers by the standards of your part of the world. One of my father's lines has been here for thousands of years, but there remains very little evidence of their passage. You are in a very different world. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of it with us.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd: Thanks pal. The narrative is not entirely untrue. We were in Scotland for some trekking. We had a surprise when my brother-in-law and mother-in-law showed up from IL.

Ayesha and her brother, left mom in my care and skipped town!!

Regards.
    Aha! So it was Ayesha making those comments... didn't seem like her.

And as to you getting the duty when they skipped, Indeed. I'd last about half an hour alone with my mother-in-law, I'm afraid. You're a better man than I am, my friend.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Osman: Excellent photography and history. The first view and capture is awesome. The BW treatment of the alleyway and the lone cat is superb.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Mike: Lovely, subdued and soft. I esp. like the these three. The beautiful
    portraiture, the cracked soil and the glorious boat captured from the level of the reeds/grass is simply awesome.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Aha! So it was Ayesha making those comments... didn't seem like her.

And as to you getting the duty when they skipped, Indeed. I'd last about half an hour alone with my mother-in-law, I'm afraid. You're a better man than I am, my friend.
    LLoyd: I am sure you meant..' so it was NOT Ayesha '. Your following sentence
    graciously describes exactly how I feel and felt.

An ironic that it aptly describes your photography, Rayyan. "Beyond Words"
    Lloyd: You, my friend, are too generous with your words. Thank you.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

LLoyd: I am sure you meant..' so it was NOT Ayesha '. Your following sentence
    graciously describes exactly how I feel and felt.
    Oops. Yes, "NOT" was my intention. I guess I should either type slower, or proofread occasionally. Glad you got my meaning.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple views..just appealed to me:

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=rayyan;228105]Simple views..just appealed to me:

[CENTER]

Really like this one. Feels like you're there in the street, and nicely balanced reds!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rayyan, thank you very much for your appreciation. Most valuable.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

"Simple"... more like simply rich and beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Osman, this set is something special. Not only introducing us to an interesting and unique place most of us will never see in person, but also possessing something special in the power of your images. I have to say that they convey a feeling I sensed, but had a hard time identifying at first. Then I realized that there are no obvious people in any of the images. I think that adds to the "ghosts for earlier centuries" feeling you mentioned. It's a powerful effect. Hard to image the history there. My mother's side of the family has called the US home since the early 1600s, but that's almost newcomers by the standards of your part of the world. One of my father's lines has been here for thousands of years, but there remains very little evidence of their passage. You are in a very different world. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of it with us.
    Lloyd, what you wrote gave me great satisfaction. During my radio programming days, we used to visualize a single listener as we spoke. To reach somebody with a feeling and/or a concept was/is my sole objective. Reading your response, I sensed that you've got what I wished to say. That is so special.

As for the history part, there's a considerable dynamic dimension to that as well. Anatolia, being at crossroads throughout history, has always seen people come and go. My mother's father is from the island of Rhodes, her mother's father is from Damascus, and her mother is of Circassian origin, whereas my father is of Turkmen origin from Cilicia. So, where I call home is a rather complicated issue. This is what you get after the fall of an empire, I guess.

Thank you for your understanding and insight.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Mike Woods;228107]

[CENTER]

Really like this one. Feels like you're there in the street, and nicely balanced reds!

Mike
    Mike: Thank you sir. I love Edinburgh. So much to see and do.

"Simple"... more like simply rich and beautiful.
    Lloyd: Honestly grateful for your kind words Lloyd.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

South from Edinburgh; Euston station, London:

Why? What? I have no clue. We were catching a train for Manchester.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

London:

Never got a chance to capture the red telephone booths.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Eleanor: Very colorful Breckenridge photos. We thought they might be spun sugar with the cookies.
    Lloyd: I've found that if more then 1-2 people are involved in color selection for projects, the colors end up brown, light brown, tan, and cream!
    Osman: I looked at a map!
    Rayyan: It's winter again. Nice framing of the reflection.
    f1,0: Great photos of Mont-Saint-Michel! The mist photos are wonderful. Cool panorama! Hard to get it big enough to view on my laptop.
    Rayyan: Not true. Your photos are very colorful and full of life (current and ancient). We rode on the top of one of those buses in Edinburgh. Great fun; alas, I only had a Canon Powershot (the dark days). Nice detail and grafftiti photos. The "lock and the writing" photo's neat. Posters, pedestrians, signs, and transformer boxes. You're going "street" on us. Great images. Livingstone and starbuck's.
    Mohammed: Beautiful landscape from Austria.
    Mike: Nice work. I like the pp in the two B&W's. The light on the rock's well captured.
    Rayyan: Excellent bridges. The texture and pp in the stone bridge's very nice. Nice storefronts. I have a collection of English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish pub signs and fronts. Shopfront are very interesting.
    Osman: Cool photos of a very interesting town!
    Mike: More excellent photos. A very diverse mix.
    Rayyan: Again, the texture and color in your Scottish photos' excellent. I love the variation of color in the stone. Well seen. Maybe Jono know's what they're doing. Especially that one bonehead. Good eye capturing the two phone booths and the two lights. Do they still have phones in them?
    Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a few too many days since I stopped by. Pages of inspiring images. Mike Woods, you have been quite prolific. Great stuff. To all of the usual suspects (Lloyd, Steve, Matt, Osman, Rayyan, f,1.0, Eleanor), outstanding work from you all!!!!

I just acquired a 24 summilux, having had to sadly give up my 50 lux asph to get it (figured, I got the Noct f0.95, so I'd be okay...hahah), and I must say, I AM AMAZING. What a lens! Here are a few from the top of Seattle's Space Needle, taken with the 24 'lux asph on the M9:

And here are 3 from the 50 lux pre-asph...not a shabby lens either:

Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin, thank you for your kind comments. Your shot of the guy with sundown on his face is stunning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    I just acquired a 24 summilux, having had to sadly give up my 50 lux asph to get it (figured, I got the Noct f0.95, so I'd be okay...hahah), and I must say, I AM AMAZING. What a lens! Here are a few from the top of Seattle's Space Needle, taken with the 24 'lux asph on the M9:
    Ashwin, yes I think most of us would agree, you ARE amazing !

Truthfully, You and many others posting photos here make my day better, and this is the one thread I try to look at every day if not a couple times a day.

Also, I'm working on getting a 24mm Lux, and I want to thank you and the others here who include equipment info notes with their posts. I know it's not the gear that make the photos great, It's the photographer, but some of us might be in lens acquisition mode, or just dreaming about a new piece of glass, and your data helps us narrow the selection down.

Another thing lens data posted with photos helps me with; when I see what others are producing with a lens that I already have, it inspires me to get out and shoot more with that lens, maybe in a way I haven't previously.

Anyway, back to lurk mode

Glenn

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
    Oh Glenn! you got there 5 minutes before me

Ashwin - congratulations on the new lens, I'd love one too, but I'd find it hard to get rid of my lovely 50 'lux.

Great shots - and from Ray, Osman, and of Course Mike with his new M9 and welcome.

Now then (since you asked) back to work!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin,wonderful work and very well seen...color is impressive. Speaking of the 50 lux, I take delivery of one today.....after months of checking B and H site several times daily I finally caught one in stock....they had only one I think! Eleanor

[QUOTE=ashwinrao1;228221]It's been a few too many days since I stopped by. Pages of inspiring images. Mike Woods, you have been quite prolific. Great stuff. To all of the usual suspects (Lloyd, Steve, Matt, Osman, Rayyan, f,1.0, Eleanor), outstanding work from you all!!!!

I just acquired a 24 summilux, having had to sadly give up my 50 lux asph to get it (figured, I got the Noct f0.95, so I'd be okay...hahah), and I must say, I AM AMAZING. What a lens! Here are a few from the top of Seattle's Space Needle, taken with the 24 'lux asph on the

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely framing color & architecture my Friend!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Osman, i hope to visit your wonderful part of the world some day! You have portrayed a beautiful place!!! Love the B&W!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    Excellent set Mike!!! Love the gentlemen looking at the suits!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[[/IMG]
    Ash, i guess i'll have to wait until next summer to get my hands on your 24 lux! Congrats & Stunning set! Hope all is well!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

hahah...certainly. I will be back in Boston around that time, Steve. The 24 'lux is outstanding, better than I had anticipated for my particular style of photography. I think you'd love it. It opens up creative windows in Leica photography that have never been there...the angle of view is more dramatic than 28, and noticeably different than 35, and actually it pairs well with a 50 and 90, so it's worth a shot a some point.

Hope all's well!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you all for your kind comments and warm welcome. You are a great bunch, and it's a pleasure to post here (having literally lurked for months!).

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post

Great shots - and from Ray, Osman, and of Course Mike with his new M9 and welcome.

Now then (since you asked) back to work!
    Jono, I wish it was an M9 - just a lowly M8 I'm afraid. But actually, I really love it after only a few days.

Best to you all - keep inspiring me

Mike

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

Rayyan: It's winter again. Nice framing of the reflection.

Rayyan: Not true. Your photos are very colorful and full of life (current and ancient). We rode on the top of one of those buses in Edinburgh. Great fun; alas, I only had a Canon Powershot (the dark days). Nice detail and grafftiti photos. The "lock and the writing" photo's neat. Posters, pedestrians, signs, and transformer boxes. You're going "street" on us. Great images. Livingstone and starbuck's.

Rayyan: Excellent bridges. The texture and pp in the stone bridge's very nice. Nice storefronts. I have a collection of English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish pub signs and fronts. Shopfront are very interesting.

Rayyan: Again, the texture and color in your Scottish photos' excellent. I love the variation of color in the stone. Well seen. Maybe Jono know's what they're doing. Especially that one bonehead. Good eye capturing the two phone booths and the two lights. Do they still have phones in them?
    Cheers, Matt

Matt: Gracious as ever sir. Thank you. Yes they still had phones in there!

It's been a few too many days since I stopped by. Pages of inspiring images. Mike Woods, you have been quite prolific. Great stuff. To all of the usual suspects (Lloyd, Steve, Matt, Osman, Rayyan, f,1.0, Eleanor), outstanding work from you all!!!!

Ashwin: Cograts on the new lens. Yes you are amazing! And so are the captures from the new and the ' not a shabby ' lens.

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Lovely framing color & architecture my Friend!
    Steve: Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlennB View Post

Truthfully, You and many others posting photos here make my day better, and this is the one thread I try to look at every day if not a couple times a day.

[snip]

Glenn
    Yup, you're amazing, Ashwin. And so are those image with the new lens. Great stuff, and congratulations.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

We had seen the majesty of the Everest. We had traversed the Annapurna range.

We had visited the gracious people, went inside their homes. We had met
    fellow travelers along the way from distant lands.

As is often the case, the beauty from afar seems to overwhelm the courage
    of those that live and work in the foothills.

The everyday grind, the sunrise to sunset toil, the aspirations of the parents
    as well as the dreams of the children are also worth recording.

Without patronizing, without further comments here then is the other view:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

goodness, i missed visiting this thread for a few days, and it's been loaded with tons of new extraordinary photos! steve, osuman, rayyan, ashwin, f1.9, etc...sorry if i missed naming you, there are way too many great ones here

ashwin, congrats on the new 24 lux! that lens really intrigues me, but i have one question regarding the minimum focusing distance. i really like using wide angle lenses for shooting people at close distances. do you feel the mfd of the 24lux would be inhibiting to that shooting style? if you shot near the mfd, how much of a person's body would you be able to capture? maybe from waist up? more or less?

thanks!
    Jerry
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jono, I wish it was an M9 - just a lowly M8 I'm afraid. But actually, I really love it after only a few days.

Best to you all - keep inspiring me

Mike
    Hi Mike
    Typo I'm afraid, I know what you've got, but after I've typed that M . . . then the 9 follows too naturally!

Glad you're loving it though - I loved mine for 2 years before the M9 turned up. The difference really isn't that big, and what you lose at the wide end you certainly gain at the long end!

all the best

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

We had seen the majesty of the Everest. We had traversed the Annapurna range.

We had visited the gracious people, went inside their homes. We had met
    fellow travelers along the way from distant lands.

As is often the case, the beauty from afar seems to overwhelm the courage
    of those that live and work in the foothills.

The everyday grind, the sunrise to sunset toil, the aspirations of the parents
    as well as the dreams of the children are also worth recording.

Without patronizing, without further comments here then is the other view:

[CENTER]
    Rayyan, thank you for sharing these shots (and the two in the subsequent post). All too often we lose sight of the everyday realities of those with whom we share this planet. We go to exotic places, and see (and share the views of) the places the tourist boards would rather we saw. The truth shown in your images is what is shared around this planet... everyday life. And that is worth recording indeed.
    Last edited by Lloyd; 14th July 2010 at 10:06.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, big Freudian slip there...hahaha....really just a typo (I think...haha). I meant that the Summilux 24, not myself, was amazing. Though I do like myself quite a bit ....

haha....to all of you guys (GlennB, Jono, Steve, Jerry, Rayyan, Lloyd, Eleanor), thank you all for your kind words.

1. Glenn, in my very brief use of the 24 'lux, it is a very unique lens...has that magic that reminds me a bit of the 35 lux asph....you'll love it!

2. Eleanor, congrats on the 50 lux. Did you get the pre-asph or asph version? Both are great. The Asph is better, to my eyes, but the pre-asph is outstanding as well, with a more classic look.

3. Jono, you are right. It was very difficult to get rid of the 50 lux asph, which I believe to be the best overall lens (size, cost, performance, price, build) of all Leica lenses, but having the Noctilux f/0.95 eased the burden (it looses on size and cost, but IQ really jumps and is quite similar to the f1/4 asph). Regardless, the deed is done at this end...I may end up with the 50 lux asph down the road, when I can afford to, but for now, I am a happy camper with the 24 lux asph for creative wide angle work!

4. Osman, you live in such an inspiring place, and your shots themselves are so inspiring to me. Make me want to get up and show my home in the same way that you do for your home!

5. Rayyan, lovely captures of the street vendor cart. I love how you are processing your images and framing things. Amazing work, my friend!

6. Jerry: Hi, Jerry. Yeah, the 24 lux is a nice focal length (albeit a bit wide) for environmental portraits. I think of the lens a bit more as a story telling lens, given that it providers more field of view. MFD is 0.7 m, I believe, so you can get close and really make use of depth of field. A close focussing distance, you could easily do head to waist shots, depending on the size of the individual . Surely, you'll make magical images if you decide to go for it.

7. Mike, the M8 is no slouch. Enjoy that camera. It's outstanding, as are your images!

8. Lloyd, thank you so much, despite my text slippage and inadvertent narcissism...haha...I am loving the lens, and can't wait to pair it with the 35 or 50 lux for some serious low light magic!

Thanks again to everyone! Keep them images comin'!!!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ashwin, Steve, Eleanor: Thank you very much. Yes, I love this country with all its paradoxes and its soup of different cultures and ages. I am greatly indebted to all of you for sharing glimpses of your countries the way no tourist (with the possible exception of Rayyan) can.
    Rayyan, I love your photos with people and everyday life; you have a magical way of blending anywhere, anytime. I envy you.
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is a privilege to belong to this forum.
    Best,
    Osman

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[snip]

Best,
    Osman
    Yes, I wholeheartedly agreed.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto Osman and Lloyd. Privilege to be here and sharing....
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayyan, thank you for sharing these shots (and the two in the subsequent post). All too often we lose sight of the everyday realities of those with whom we share this planet. We go to exotic places, and see (and share the views of) the places the tourist boards would rather we saw. The truth shown in your images is what is shared around this planet... everyday life. And that is worth recording indeed.

Lloyd: Thank you my friend. We are on the same frequency sir.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin, Steve, Eleanor: Thank you very much. Yes, I love this country with all its paradoxes and its soup of different cultures and ages. I am greatly indebted to all of you for sharing glimpses of your countries the way no tourist (with the possible exception of Rayyan) can.
    Rayyan, I love your photos with people and everyday life; you have a magical way of blending anywhere, anytime. I envy you.
    Best,
    Osman
    Osman: It is indeed a privilege for me too to belong to this forum. Specially so because of folks like you. You are a true ambassador for your country to this forum my friend. And knowing a little about your country, I am not surprised.

As to my blending in ...well let's just say either I am an ' alien' with a nationality or I am one of them. Work to your advantage Osman.

In the Nordic north I could never be mistaken as one from them

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had time to take or post any pictures in the last couple of weeks. Been busy writing a major article, which will be out in about 10 days. Plus ye olde regular job. But I've been seeing all the photos. Everybody is amazing (yes, even you, Ash!)

It is indeed a pleasure and a privilege to be part of this forum. Now that I've done my latest stint as a (silicon) ink-stained wretch, I'll be back out shooting soon.

Osman, I am fascinated by the photos of your trip, these are places I've never seen before, even in pictures. And Rayran, thanks for the look at daily life in the high country.

--Peter
    Last edited by Peter Klein; 14th July 2010 at 15:02.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Ashwin: Congratulations again on the new lens. Excellent photos and pp. Wonderful light. You do very well at that time of day! The lens is excellent, as you've shown, at limiting the DOF. The 50 lux, in your hands, is no slouch either. You took it out to reassure it that it wouldn't be the next 50 to go?

BTW, where were these photos taken?...just kidding. I went up to the top of the needle on the morning of the first day in 1962. Maybe 4th, or 5th elevator load. I was a Service Scout (told tourists where to go, etc.). My mother probably still has my spiffy jacket and scarf. Probably wouldn't fit.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Rayyan: +1. Well said, Lloyd!

Cheers, Matt