The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Jono - I 've seen many great works from you in the past like others here but rarely comment. This is my first so here:
Yes you only use a bend road but you forgot to mentioned that you bend the light to make the bended road looks magic.
Best Regards,
Son
Jono: I'll jump on. +1 from me, also. Well said, Son. The first is like looking in a carnival mirror. There's some illusion going on. :thumbup: The second is intriguing: a spring, glass flower, single cobweb, and a incredible background bokeh. :cool: A Druid Solstice offering? Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

panda81: This is a brilliant photograph. One that you and your wife shall cherish and preserve for your child.
Superb.:thumbup:
Jerry: Thank you for sharing. I was touched by your description, and wonder how much better off many marriage would be if started in such a serious and thoughtful manner... and with the earnest support of good friends.
The images are strong, and that one of your wife and child simply priceless.
You have told (and shown us) your advantage Jerry. Advantage indeed.
Jerry: +1, what they said. Nice picture, nice family, and nice way to celebrate the coming marriage. Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

A movie crew with Canon DSLR's (although the guy in plaid might have a Nikon; I had the only Leica). Pretty elaborate mic setup. No gaffers, best boy, or grips in sight. It looked like they were going from busker to busker and filming each. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/3000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/6.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.2; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/1.0; 1/2000s @ f/1.7; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

m_driscoll

This weekend I shot some dear friends' 30th anniversary party. I've picked three favorites to show, which are not of the anniversary couple, but of their daughter, her boyfriend, and an Armenian chef.
Jenny with roses:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
--Peter
Wow, everyone, some great photos these last few days! Lloyd, your photo of Pepper brought tears to my eyes, I know exactly the feeling. And such a striking portrait or Mimi, and the parallel photos of your parents half a century apart. Jerry, welcome, you can never go wrong with beautiful women, adorable dogs and babies. Matt, congrats on your exhibit, and for covering the Freemont streakfest. I've got a photo of the guy with the aluminum bass from Pike Place Market--he gets around. Ash, thanks for the visit to my old haunts in Boston, And Jono, that was some bend in the road, superangulonified, with even the IR clouds bending!

I just worked a 12-hour day, with more to come (sigh), but I wanted to make sure y'all knew I was looking and appreciating!

--Peter
Peter: I wondered where were? Beautiful photos. I esp. like the one of the daughter. Excellent, framing, expression and pp. Don't work to hard.

Thanks, and the parade came to me. It went right by my office door. Some of those musicians show up as duos, trios, etc. with dizzying combinations. Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

I am a conventional guy. By necessity and training.
Unless there is a compelling reason to be otherwise.
Then instincts get in the way...primitive instincts...
And things start looking up.
Rayan: Nice photo! I like the way the vectors roll up to the left. It should be imbalanced, with those lines and the colors pushing that way, but the darker, central, massing anchors the image. ;)

Cheers, Matt

otumay

Something pulled me in his direction. It was impossible to miss the greatness of this shoe-shiner's sorrow.
Then a customer approached him, only to be dismissed with a wave of his creased and stained hand. He didn't want to do anything else, but to live out his sorrow.
I felt lonely and helpless, just like him. All I could do was to capture the moment. I'm glad I did.
(M8+75'cron)

rayyan

Something pulled me in his direction. It was impossible to miss the greatness of this shoe-shiner's sorrow.
Then a customer approached him, only to be dismissed with a wave of his creased and stained hand. He didn't want to do anything else, but to live out his sorrow.
I felt lonely and helpless, just like him. All I could do was to capture the moment. I'm glad I did.
(M8+75'cron)

Osman: This is a superb capture Osman. It does indeed have the feeling of
lonliness about it. The processing is also very nice. :thumbup:

rayyan

This weekend I shot some dear friends' 30th anniversary party. I've picked three favorites to show, which are not of the anniversary couple, but of their daughter, her boyfriend, and an Armenian chef.

Jenny with roses:

M8 and 35 Summilux ASPH
--Peter
Peter: Jenny with roses is a beautiful capture. The soft lighting enhances the
gentleness of the whole capture. I like the Chef and the couple but this one
does it for me.

Thank you for sharing.

rayyan

Rayan: Nice photo! I like the way the vectors roll up to the left. It should be imbalanced, with those lines and the colors pushing that way, but the darker, central, massing anchors the image. ;)

Cheers, Matt

Matt: ' m ' *** if you will. I wouldn't mind being a little reverential!!;)

Thanks pal.

My fave of the bunch. Crop the shooter out of it and the band has its poster!
Matt: +1 with maggie on this one. Try to show them this see how it takes,

Regards.

rayyan

Ayesha and me have been lucky to have traveled to a lot of countries.

Which is our favorite destination...Without hesitation...Switzerland.

To us it is the people and the place. We have not found any better.

So here, for a few days, is our impression of this beautiful country.

We travel by train...the most efficient service in the world. Believe us. We are right on this one.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Ashwin -- Gorgeous shots. Your colors are popping lately. The shot of the man you reclaimed in pp is one of my favorites of the shots you've shown ... it's a scene that just sticks with you.

David, excellent use of the 18mm.

Rayyan, wonderful travel and life vignettes you keep offering us.

Son, you are the one that got me hooked on great bokeh a few years ago by whetting my appetite with those gorgeous Leica R lenses you sold me. I'll keep watching to see what you do to introduce alternative options to the M mount. And, for not spending too much time with rangefinders, you are certainly producing some beautiful shots.

Matt, you are the poster child for not having to upgrade from old noctilux to new noctilux. The look that that lens produces is so unique ... and you wield it so well. I also love the way you utilize shallow dof in your street images.

Tim, nice set ... the reflection is gorgeous ... softness, mixed light, reflections ... pure poetry.

Jono, you are the cloudmaster. All of your shots have such a feeling of majesty with the clouds you capture.

Jerry, fantastic set. I love little documentary sets that capture an event or tell a story. They offer a chance to peek vicariously into other lives, events and cultures.

Peter, very lovely portrait.

Osman, that image just oozes emotion ... I keep staring at it. Very well done.

Kurt