The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Re: a lil bit from japan

i have a few students taking my online courses who live in japan. they were asking me about a live performance for quite some time. eventually i gave in, as i had absolutely nothing to do in june (no work in detroit these days :deadhorse:). just came back. no regrets whatsoever :)
Irakly: Japan's always worth a trip. A grab bag of photos; all very cool:

#1's like a japanese Zen garden...rocks, textures, and forms placed just so, B & W suits;

#2 has a nice balance with the elegant, kimono clad women and the snout of the Honda...nice selective focus, the eye goes to the fence and then to the women and then the car, but always back to the fence;

in #4, you try to bring it into focus and can't and then try to resolve the lines, vanishing point, colors, umbrellas, clothes...

#3's fun street theater, and

#5's a great combination of images, colors, colors, and a "look" with PP to suit.

Thanks for sharing. :toocool: Sorry for the two-bit analysis. Sometimes, especially late at night, I just can't help it. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/250s @ f/4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/180s @ f/3.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/90s @ f/3.44; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

4. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/90s @ f/3.44; +2/3 EV; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

It's very difficult to decide; do I prefer your Nikon shots or Leica shots...
I think I'll never be able to decide:ROTFL:

shtarka1

Eleanor....Tremendous Compositions & PP...Wow!!!

Irakly....Masterful Set! Love Them All!!!

TR... Beautiful IQ & Image! What Test?:)

irakly

Re: a lil bit from japan

Irakly: Japan's always worth a trip. A grab bag of photos; all very cool:

#1's like a japanese Zen garden...rocks, textures, and forms placed just so, B & W suits;

#3's fun street theater, and

#5's a great combination of images, colors, colors, and a "look" with PP to suit.
Thanks Matt :)

Just a couple of remarks:
#1 is not B&W
#3 is not a performance, unless you did not mean it literally. it is a borderline personality disorder called hysteria
#5 i do not do PP. what you see is what it was :)

images are clickable for larger versions. maybe that was a problem...

Irakly

irakly

Dan, I really like the vertical shot. You are making me rethink my attitude towards 4/18 and put it in a camera bag again :)

gero

As usual I'm really enjoying seeing the photos on this forum....All so different and unique...and encourages me to try new types of subject matter with my M9. Here are some from this past week taken of reflections on buildings in Greenway Plaza, Houston. It's been so hot and humid here we're had spectacular clouds...good for these types of images. All with my 75 cron asph lens. .....Eleanor
Quite cool Eleanor, I also enjoy this forum. So many compartments in different scales all the way down to the pixels. (3d compartments?)

Last edited:

thrice

Thankyou Irakly :)
I really like the series you posted further up the page, I was also tricked by your first image, well done!

Osman, fantastic abstract! Is the moss under water?

eleanorbrown

thanks...as I mentioned to Matt, no post processing save for black and white points, etc etc..usual stuff. Glass in the building distorts anything it reflects. Move a little bit and reflections change.....makes for fun picture taking. I was constantly looking around for security guards that start wondering why I was pointing my camera up at the building. eleanor

Thank you very much, Matt.
Eleanor, I agree with Matt, beautiful captures and (possibly?) processing.

eleanorbrown

Matt I always like your market shots. I'll be in Colorado end of this week and will be going to some Farmers markets and taking my Leica. Hopefully people will be less intimidated by the M9 that by my Canon in past summers. eleanor

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

eleanorbrown

Thanks to both Steve and Gero....again no post processing except for usual stuff....black/white points contrast adjustment, etc. eleanor

Quite cool Eleanor, I also enjoy this forum. So many compartments in different scales all the way down to the pixels. (3d compartments?)