Site Sponsors
Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 5144

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

  1. #2101
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    The North End, Boston,

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.

    9.
    M9,Noct ISO 1000

  2. #2102
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Steve, this whole series is outstanding, and I know that happy guy at end of the series! As usual, your images really bring the atmosphere and makes one feel that we are right there with you!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  3. #2103
    Senior Member thrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Steve, great set every shot very well seen.

    Thanks for your earlier compliments and now for your inspiration.

  4. #2104
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Suburban Philadelphia
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Haven't posted in a while. Here are a couple I shot while in DC on business.
    Both with the M8 + SUMMICRON-M 35mm F2 ASPH


    Table setting Kushi by Tony Takitani, on Flickr


    Kushiyaki Couple - Version 3 by Tony Takitani, on Flickr
    Last edited by Kitok; 22nd August 2010 at 08:00. Reason: repair image links

  5. #2105
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Steve, this whole series is outstanding, and I know that happy guy at end of the series! As usual, your images really bring the atmosphere and makes one feel that we are right there with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    Steve, great set every shot very well seen.

    Thanks for your earlier compliments and now for your inspiration.
    Ash & Dan, Thanks A Lot! Much Appreciated!

  6. #2106
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitok View Post
    Haven't posted in a while. Here are a couple I shot while in DC on business.
    Both with the M8 + SUMMICRON-M 35mm F2 ASPH

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dachmam...7624574519838/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dachmam...7624574519838/
    Very nice pair! Like the b&w a lot!

  7. #2107
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    A few pics from this week-end. Baptism of my friends' daugter Clara:







    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  8. #2108
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Ash, the PP gives this a spiritual tone that is perfectly apropos! Poppa bear is very proud & the baby is Beautiful! Great job!

  9. #2109
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Few more from last night..






    9&Noct

  10. #2110
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Wow, the last image, with the 2 guy knuckling on the party bus...is Perfection!!! The 2nd really strikes a cord in me too, Steve. Wonderful stuff. What a high yield photo stroll you had there!!! Can't wait to see what's left in the bag!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  11. #2111
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks Ash! There was so much going on! Freddy was rapping to stranger's all night! He sends his regards.

  12. #2112
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    A few from yesterday. I was shooting the http://dailyshoot.com theme of the day. Took a few with the Fuji GW690III, but couldn't resist pulling out the M8, too. The first was my submission.


    Zeiss Biogon 25mm, hopped-up a little in Viveza.
    After shooting film for a while, I'm taken aback by the amount of detail in an M8 image. The M9 must be truly fabulous.

    (On the other hand, this is the first time I've seen objectionable moire in an M8 image -- the section of red brick on the right side of the clock exhibits pretty bad labyrinthine moire when viewed full-size. Just looks "blocky" here.)



    Zeiss Planar 50mm, conversion in Nik Silver Efex



    Zeiss Planar 50mm, conversion in Nik Silver Efex

  13. #2113
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    The 35 Lux has got it's "Lines" down! Wonderful compositions & IQ!
    Steve: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    ...Nice stuff yet again Matt. Especially like that last one. What was Leica doing to (or with) your lens?
    Lloyd: Thanks. I sent it to like to do something with the "focus" issue while it was still on warranty. They did a full a full CLA + under warranty!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Matt, the 35 lux really fits you, though I am so used to your using the 24 lux as your paintbrush. Is yours the newest version or the prior? Lovely images as usual, and the processing rocks!
    Ashwin: Thank you, sir. It's the older version.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  14. #2114
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Stunning 3d quality Ash! Love this one!!!
    Ashwin:
    +1, beautiful photo.

    Quote Originally Posted by doublep View Post
    Here's one from this morning in Tokyo. M9 with 50mm Elmar-M @ f2.8.
    I enjoy this thread and am in awe of everyone's submissions. Keep it going!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tokyoshooter/4912048565/
    Doublep: Nice capture!

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Mohahmmed, this is outstanding. Love the colors and view of a place I have not yet been to!
    Mohammed: +1! Nicely done.

    Cheers, Matt
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  15. #2115
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Osman: Nicely photographed prison. Not sure why prisons get made into museums. Seems kind of depressing to me.
    Kurt: Beautiful compositions and pp; otherworldly.
    Daniel: Great work with your new lens. I really like the crosswalk light button/cigarette guy photo. I think you'll find that becomes one of your favorite lenses.
    Steve: +1 for what Ashwin said. Creates a wonderful sense of place! Also, +1, for what he said about your second set. The party bus is great; but I love the light and color in the first two.
    Kitok: Nice. I really like the B & W one.
    Ashwin: Well captured, memorable, occasion.
    Mike: I can't see the moire; but that building with it's mixed facades is an architectural standard, and now found in every major city (almost like McDonald's). I like the austerity and pp of the parking garage photos.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  16. #2116
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Daniel, congrats on the new glass & great job employing it!
    +1.

  17. #2117
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Matt, thank you. Though depressing, former prisons may cause us to question concepts like law and enforcement, justice and time.

  18. #2118
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks Matt!

  19. #2119
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Osman:

    ...

    Mike: I can't see the moire; but that building with it's mixed facades is an architectural standard, and now found in every major city (almost like McDonald's). I like the austerity and pp of the parking garage photos.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks, Matt. Don't get me started about inauthenticity and McMalls . Still, it's fun to shoot pictures here due to all the details. Guess I shouldn't complain too much :-).

  20. #2120
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks Don, Steve and Matt.

  21. #2121
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    Some grab shots with the new-to-me 75mm APO-Summicron. First three wide open the rest f/2.8 I think.











    This whole series rocks, Daniel! Outstanding!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  22. #2122
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    M9 and 75lux.

    Kurt


    Kurt, this rocks as well. I am happy that you found your way back to the beloved 75 lux again. I would love to have one back some day, but for now, will continue to enjoy your pics!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  23. #2123
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    By the way, amazing photos across the board everyone ... I know I'm being lazy in extending my general praise ...

    Thanks, Ashwin. The 75lux is a beautiful lens ... perfectly unperfect ... especially when it sits next to the noct in the bag.

    Here's another ...


  24. #2124
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Beautiful shot,composition & tone Kurt!

  25. #2125
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Just sharing a couple of recent photos...my parents came to stay with us to visit their first grandson. I wish there were a paid profession as family photojournalist









    first two were taken by the 50 lux asph, latter two were taken by the 24 lux asph (i know, i'm bad i'm bad! )
    Jerry
    Flickr

  26. #2126
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Jerry, these are inspiring, enjoyable shots of the true joys of parenthood and grandparenthood. Lovely....you are naughty, getting that 24 lux!

    Congrats, seriously, and welcome to the "club"...I need to find my way back to a 50 lux asph some day, but the Noct will suffice plenty for now!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  27. #2127
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Beautiful shot,composition & tone Kurt!
    Kurt: +1 Where did you shoot this?

    Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    Just sharing a couple of recent photos...my parents came to stay with us to visit their first grandson. I wish there were a paid profession as family photojournalist



    first two were taken by the 50 lux asph, latter two were taken by the 24 lux asph (i know, i'm bad i'm bad! )
    Jerry: Excellent use of a good camera and lenses. Probably the best use!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  28. #2128
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    A couple more from my visit to Seattle's International District. Cheers, Matt.

    1. M9: 35mm f/1.4; 1/125s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80


    2. M9: 35mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80


    3. M9: 35mm f/1.4; 1/750s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  29. #2129
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    Just sharing a couple of recent photos...my parents came to stay with us to visit their first grandson. I wish there were a paid profession as family photojournalist

    first two were taken by the 50 lux asph, latter two were taken by the 24 lux asph (i know, i'm bad i'm bad! )
    Love these Jerry. Every one of them.

  30. #2130
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    The North End, Boston,

    6.

    M9,Noct ISO 1000
    These are terrific, Steve. I hesitate to pick any one of them out, but this one is really stellar.

    (BTW, you really know how to make a guy homesick, don't you?!)

  31. #2131
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    These are terrific, Steve. I hesitate to pick any one of them out, but this one is really stellar.

    (BTW, you really know how to make a guy homesick, don't you?!)
    Lloyd, i was thinking of you when i was in there! Thanks Buddy!

  32. #2132
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    Just sharing a couple of recent photos...my parents came to stay with us to visit their first grandson. I wish there were a paid profession as family photojournalist









    first two were taken by the 50 lux asph, latter two were taken by the 24 lux asph (i know, i'm bad i'm bad! )
    Jerry, I Cant Just Pick One! All Are Special & Meaningful! Absolutely Beautiful Family! (BTW, You Now Have Me Thinking About Unloading My Nikon Noct To Fund The 24 Lux! You, Ash & Matt Are Very Bad Influences On Me!)

  33. #2133
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A couple more from my visit to Seattle's International District. Cheers, Matt.

    1. M9: 35mm f/1.4; 1/125s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80


    2. M9: 35mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/2.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80


    3. M9: 35mm f/1.4; 1/750s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 80

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Serious IQ,Compositions (without cropping of course) & Sharpness! Magnificent, Matt!

  34. #2134
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Stunning 3d quality Ash! Love this one!!!
    Yup, me too!

    Quote Originally Posted by doublep View Post
    Here's one from this morning in Tokyo. M9 with 50mm Elmar-M @ f2.8.

    I enjoy this thread and am in awe of everyone's submissions. Keep it going!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tokyoshooter/4912048565/
    Nice catch! Let's see more.

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    On our second day in Sinop, we visited the infamous prison that was converted to a museum a decade ago. In spite of the sunny June morning, we couldn't help sharing the gloom that still haunted the place.
    What did the inmates feel? A writing on a wall declared: "Neither my struggle ended nor my love". It was impossible to keep the tears back. After half an hour, we began to feel like intruders, paparazzi after sensational shots in a place of silent suffering. So we quietly stowed away our cameras and sat down in the courtyard surrounded by fences and guard towers, now empty. Does time really fly?
    M8 with 21mm Elmarit and 28mm Summicron.


    Amazing experience, incredible photos, Osman. With you words, this one is really haunting me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Mohahmmed, this is outstanding. Love the colors and view of a place I have not yet been to!
    +1 from me. Outstanding seem wholly appropriate.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Daniel, congrats on the new glass & great job employing it!
    Fantastic really. Looking forward to more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    M9 and 50 mm f/2 "Rigid Summicron" from the 50's....what a lens!

    And one more from the teeny-tiny red scale Leitz Screw Mount Elmar 50 mm f/3.5, also on M9 via adapter...
    Wow, that rigid really rocks. Great shots from you no matter what the glass, Ash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitok View Post
    Haven't posted in a while. Here are a couple I shot while in DC on business.
    Both with the M8 + SUMMICRON-M 35mm F2 ASPH
    Fantastic shots Tony. Really love that b/w.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    A few pics from this week-end. Baptism of my friends' daugter Clara:
    Simply priceless Ashwin.

  35. #2135
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    A few from yesterday. I was shooting the http://dailyshoot.com theme of the day. Took a few with the Fuji GW690III, but couldn't resist pulling out the M8, too. The first was my submission.


    Zeiss Biogon 25mm, hopped-up a little in Viveza.
    After shooting film for a while, I'm taken aback by the amount of detail in an M8 image. The M9 must be truly fabulous.

    (On the other hand, this is the first time I've seen objectionable moire in an M8 image -- the section of red brick on the right side of the clock exhibits pretty bad labyrinthine moire when viewed full-size. Just looks "blocky" here.)

    Zeiss Planar 50mm, conversion in Nik Silver Efex

    Zeiss Planar 50mm, conversion in Nik Silver Efex
    Stunning work Mike.

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    By the way, amazing photos across the board everyone ... I know I'm being lazy in extending my general praise ...

    Thanks, Ashwin. The 75lux is a beautiful lens ... perfectly unperfect ... especially when it sits next to the noct in the bag.

    Here's another ...

    Great stuff, Kurt (as were the early 75 lux posts). You're clearly at home with the fast glass.

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Serious IQ,Compositions (without cropping of course) & Sharpness! Magnificent, Matt!
    +1 from me too, Matt.

  36. #2136
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Some more horse shots with the 24 lux.










  37. #2137
    Senior Member Mike Woods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Took delivery of a used CV 75mm f2.5 last week, and went out to play at the weekend:


    Regards

    Mike

  38. #2138
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    Took delivery of a used CV 75mm f2.5 last week, and went out to play at the weekend:

    Regards

    Mike
    LOL. What a great moment you captured. Love the processing as well.

    I have, and love, that lens. Much under appreciated, in my estimation.

  39. #2139
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Some more horse shots with the 24 lux.


    Very, very nice David. I would never have guess 24mm was used here.

  40. #2140
    Senior Member Mike Woods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    LOL. What a great moment you captured. Love the processing as well.

    I have, and love, that lens. Much under appreciated, in my estimation.
    Thanks Lloyd. I need to get a UV/IR filter for this lens, but read somewhere to watch out for an issue with thread pitch. Do you know if its a standard 43mm filter?

    Regards

    Mike

  41. #2141
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post


    Zeiss Biogon 25mm, hopped-up a little in Viveza.
    After shooting film for a while, I'm taken aback by the amount of detail in an M8 image. The M9 must be truly fabulous.

    (
    Sparkling Clarity & Color Mike!

  42. #2142
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Woods View Post
    Took delivery of a used CV 75mm f2.5 last week, and went out to play at the weekend:


    Regards

    Mike
    A match made in Heaven! Perfect Grab Mike!

  43. #2143
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Some more horse shots with the 24 lux.

    [


    Nice shot of Mr. Ed eying the 24 lux David!

  44. #2144
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Thanks, Lloyd and Steve. If I could have only one lens it would be the 24 lux.

    All things considered, I would probably prefer a 28mm. I don't tend to use my 28 cron on the M9 because I wear glasses, and the frame lines are too tight. I figure if I have to move my head around to look for the frame lines, I might as well use the 24 lux with an external finder. I should probably try the 28 cron with the 24mm finder to see if I can guesstimate the frame lines.

    More 24 lux goodness








  45. #2145
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Thanks, Lloyd and Steve. If I could have only one lens it would be the 24 lux.

    All things considered, I would probably prefer a 28mm. I don't tend to use my 28 cron on the M9 because I wear glasses, and the frame lines are too tight. I figure if I have to move my head around to look for the frame lines, I might as well use the 24 lux with an external finder. I should probably try the 28 cron with the 24mm finder to see if I can guesstimate the frame lines.

    More 24 lux goodness


    oh, this one is fantastic! love it!
    Jerry
    Flickr

  46. #2146
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    oh, this one is fantastic! love it!
    +1. Superb.

  47. #2147
    Senior Member thrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    These will be boring to most but it shows you what I do with my M9 to make money. Most will consider an SLR and a lens with movements to be the champions in the real-estate environment, but with the extent of perspective corrections (I try to avoid these by using a spirit level) available in lightroom 3, the low distortion of rangefinder wide-angles and the IQ of the M9 I think the playing field is rather level.








    I have so many of these I will refrain from posting too many as the subject is rather boring All shot with the M9 and 18mm Distagon.

  48. #2148
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    A match made in Heaven! Perfect Grab Mike!

    emphasis on "grab". + 1 for sure. Great moment, even better capture!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  49. #2149
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by thrice View Post
    These will be boring to most but it shows you what I do with my M9 to make money. Most will consider an SLR and a lens with movements to be the champions in the real-estate environment, but with the extent of perspective corrections (I try to avoid these by using a spirit level) available in lightroom 3, the low distortion of rangefinder wide-angles and the IQ of the M9 I think the playing field is rather level.


    I have so many of these I will refrain from posting too many as the subject is rather boring All shot with the M9 and 18mm Distagon.
    Those are gorgeous, Daniel. Well done indeed.

  50. #2150
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Serious IQ,Compositions (without cropping of course) & Sharpness! Magnificent, Matt!
    Steve: Thank you, my friend. Truthfully, I will admit to the ethical lapse of removing an electric wire in the blue sky of the second photo. Something I've never done before. My predilection is towards leaving the photos as shot. CS5 made it too easy.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •