The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

otumay

Peter: Loved the portraits.
Jono: Never a tractor seemed so attractive before, nevertheless it can be no match for the beautiful driver.

otumay

Woody, your Ecuador series were wonderful. I'm rather sad that they have ended. Maybe a few more that you may have overlooked?;)

thrice

Some HEAVY processing (lightroom 3 has some fun presets) and one lucky catch when I was petting my dog on a walk I heard a bird tweet and turned around to see this little guy.

sjg284

I think a 50/1.1 would be a fun toy as well
Thought I doubt my eye ability / camera calibration enough to use it in close range head-and-shoulders shots.
I think it would be splendid for subject isolation at distance.. as we've seen some other users in this thread do.

eleanorbrown

Lloyd, I have always liked images of historic mining areas...old rusted "stuff"/old rotting wood, etc etc. Nice work. Colorado is filled with areas similar to this one...hope i get a chance to photograph some this summer and fall. Eleanor

Three or four years ago, when I was on the road, Mimi went for a "little" weekend ride with some friends (just 104 miles through the mountains... rain, snow and wind for their trouble). Of course, she had a blast.

They took a little side trip into a canyon which is home to a "ghost town", a mining town which produced more than $13,000,000 of silver from 1870 to 1900. She told me about it, and had mentioned several times since that she thought I would find it interesting.

Monday was a holiday here, and when plans with friends fell through, she suggested we visit the place, and then do a ride on roads in an area I had never experienced.

Turns out that it's not really a "ghost town". The large mines closed long ago, but small scale mining operations continue, and the town was never completely abandoned, and there are still a dozen or so full-time residents, together with some summer homes. There remains a lot of evidence of its former glory, and I was able to capture a little. I hope to get back there to photograph more in the near future.