The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

Wow you folks are prolifiic....don't any of you work for a living? :D

Just kidding - anyway, I only really get to shoot at weekends, so I'll bombard you all on a Monday :)

A few from the past couple of days, M8 and Nokton 50mm f1.5 for the first, and the others with the Ultron 35mm:

Regards

Mike
Mike: Wonderful series. I esp. like these ones. Wherever I can, tend to favor
BW. I think your treatment here is simply gorgeous.:thumbup:

otumay

Finally, Amasra: Incessant rain, a warm breeze, beautiful smell of seawater accompanied by the gentle sound of waves and an occasional triumphant call of a seagull. A town with a curious geography; small bays on each side, and an historical bridge separating the town from the Genoese district. Too many ghosts from earlier centuries. I'm under a spell, cannot concentrate and shoot. I sit down down, calm myself, grab my wet M8 and start exploring. Is this a dream?

Mike Woods

Excellent shots, Mike, all of them.
Terrific set Mike. First rate all the way through. Glad you're sharing these with us. :thumbup:
Mike: Wonderful series. I esp. like these ones. Wherever I can, tend to favor
BW. I think your treatment here is simply gorgeous.:thumbup:
Thank you for your very kind comments. A few more to share from the last couple of days:

Thanks for looking, and kind regards.

Mike

Lloyd

Thank you for your very kind comments. A few more to share from the last couple of days:

Mike
More great stuff Mike, for me, especially the last three. I'm enjoying your processing as well. Glad you're with us.

Lloyd

Finally, Amasra: Incessant rain, a warm breeze, beautiful smell of seawater accompanied by the gentle sound of waves and an occasional triumphant call of a seagull. A town with a curious geography; small bays on each side, and an historical bridge separating the town from the Genoese district. Too many ghosts from earlier centuries. I'm under a spell, cannot concentrate and shoot. I sit down down, calm myself, grab my wet M8 and start exploring. Is this a dream?
Osman, this set is something special. Not only introducing us to an interesting and unique place most of us will never see in person, but also possessing something special in the power of your images. I have to say that they convey a feeling I sensed, but had a hard time identifying at first. Then I realized that there are no obvious people in any of the images. I think that adds to the "ghosts for earlier centuries" feeling you mentioned. It's a powerful effect. Hard to image the history there. My mother's side of the family has called the US home since the early 1600s, but that's almost newcomers by the standards of your part of the world. One of my father's lines has been here for thousands of years, but there remains very little evidence of their passage. You are in a very different world. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of it with us.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks pal. The narrative is not entirely untrue. We were in Scotland for some trekking. We had a surprise when my brother-in-law and mother-in-law showed up from IL.:eek:

Ayesha and her brother, left mom in my care and skipped town!!:wtf:

Regards.
Aha! So it was Ayesha making those comments... didn't seem like her.

And as to you getting the duty when they skipped, :wtf: Indeed. I'd last about half an hour alone with my mother-in-law, I'm afraid. You're a better man than I am, my friend. :lecture:

rayyan

Osman: Excellent photography and history. The first view and capture is awesome. The BW treatment of the alleyway and the lone cat is superb.:salute:

rayyan

Mike
Mike: Lovely, subdued and soft. I esp. like the these three. The beautiful
portraiture, the cracked soil and the glorious boat captured from the level of the reeds/grass is simply awesome.:thumbs:

rayyan

Aha! So it was Ayesha making those comments... didn't seem like her.

And as to you getting the duty when they skipped, :wtf: Indeed. I'd last about half an hour alone with my mother-in-law, I'm afraid. You're a better man than I am, my friend. :lecture:
LLoyd: I am sure you meant..' so it was NOT Ayesha '. Your following sentence
graciously describes exactly how I feel and felt.

An ironic that it aptly describes your photography, Rayyan. "Beyond Words" :thumbup:
Lloyd: You, my friend, are too generous with your words. Thank you.:eek::salute:

Lloyd

LLoyd: I am sure you meant..' so it was NOT Ayesha '. Your following sentence
graciously describes exactly how I feel and felt.
Oops. :eek: Yes, "NOT" was my intention. :eek: I guess I should either type slower, or proofread occasionally. Glad you got my meaning. :thumbup:

otumay

Osman, this set is something special. Not only introducing us to an interesting and unique place most of us will never see in person, but also possessing something special in the power of your images. I have to say that they convey a feeling I sensed, but had a hard time identifying at first. Then I realized that there are no obvious people in any of the images. I think that adds to the "ghosts for earlier centuries" feeling you mentioned. It's a powerful effect. Hard to image the history there. My mother's side of the family has called the US home since the early 1600s, but that's almost newcomers by the standards of your part of the world. One of my father's lines has been here for thousands of years, but there remains very little evidence of their passage. You are in a very different world. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of it with us.
Lloyd, what you wrote gave me great satisfaction. During my radio programming days, we used to visualize a single listener as we spoke. To reach somebody with a feeling and/or a concept was/is my sole objective. Reading your response, I sensed that you've got what I wished to say. That is so special.

As for the history part, there's a considerable dynamic dimension to that as well. Anatolia, being at crossroads throughout history, has always seen people come and go. My mother's father is from the island of Rhodes, her mother's father is from Damascus, and her mother is of Circassian origin, whereas my father is of Turkmen origin from Cilicia. So, where I call home is a rather complicated issue. This is what you get after the fall of an empire, I guess.

Thank you for your understanding and insight.