Site Sponsors
Page 66 of 103 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,300 of 5144

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Peter, your Angola pictures literally made my jaw drop. So have many other images in this thread. Phenomenal. This thread is my daily bookmark that I load first in the morning (rather: whenever it is I wake up, usually not the morning hours) and the last thread I visit before going to sleep. Intensely good work.

If I had to give this a name, I'd call it "home sick".

beautiful b&w and framing! great shot vlad!
    Jerry
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    1.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/EasyKilla--20B-W/web.jpg[IMG]

2.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/RedDevilB-W/web.jpg[IMG]

3.[IMG]http://Gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/Artist-B-W/web.jpg[IMG]

4.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/1108-/web.jpg[IMG]

5.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/SlowDownGodZilla-/web.jpg[IMG]

6.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/FurureBadAss-B-W/web.jpg[IMG]

7.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/KPas-/web.jpg[IMG]

8.[IMG]http://Gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/Good-TheBad-/web.jpg[IMG]

9.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/BodyByJake-/web.jpg[IMG]

10.[IMG]http://gallery.me.com/shtarka1/100955/Wrong-/web.jpg[IMG]
    M9, 21 Lux & M8.2, 50 Lux asph
    wonderful series steve! were these taken at a state fair?
    Jerry
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    David: You've abandoned Las Vegas. That's probably why it's not doing so well these days. Great set of photos. Liked the photos of the Chinese gentlemen. The wide angle shots looking up are my favorites. Well-framed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Amazing set (including the other posts), but this one just blows me away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Lovely series from San Fran, David. I love the Transamerica and Coit Tower caps, but the second one here just has a beautiful and subtle glow. Well seen!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post
    David, love the wide angle shots!!!
    David...Wide Angle & It Finest!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    DavidE - great set, great perspective.. especially the bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by panda81 View Post
    wow, love the way you used the 18mm here! i just purchased an 18mm recently, but thought it was a bad impulse buy...but now you've convinced me to give it a shot
    Thanks, Matt, Lloyd, Ashwin, Charles, Steve, Steve, and Jerry. This was my first tradeshow with the M9 that wasn't in Las Vegas, so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to come up with anything decent. Great to have feedback that these images were worth capturing.

Jerry, don't know if this would work for you, but I tend to go out with the 18mm and only shoot that for the day. I don't get as many keepers as with the 24mm, but there are always some very nice and unusual shots in the mix. You start to think in terms of what would look good in 18mm. Plus, the increased depth of field makes it super easy to quickly grab a shot on the fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some more San Francisco shots with the 24mm lux. I didn't have to go far for these, as this was just a stone's throw from the press room at the CTIA tradeshow.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSchlicht View Post
    Chuck,

Great reply! Thanks a lot. I will restrict myself in posting only one or two max. on a particular day. I also need to get a means to post them as full images. I, myself, needed to open another browser window to be able to see which images you are referring to. Anyway, I'll try to do better next time...

Cheers,
    Peter
    Quote:

Posting this many photos as a group makes it almost impossible to comment on each of them, forcing something like I just wrote above. I can't see your image remember when writing this post. I must work from memory. Due to my advanced age, my memory isn't what it once was. Hold your posting to one or two, and I can give you lots of constructive feedback if you want it. More than that, it is just an exhibition gallery. Post one or two images, and folks can drink it in fully. More is overwhelming, but that's just my opinion, others have theirs.

Chuck,

Greta reply! Thanks a lot. I will restrict myself in posting only one or two max. on a particular day. Anyway, I'll try to do better next time...

Cheers,
    Peter
    (Chuck makes a good point....although i flunk on a regular basis...)
    Hi guys, let me jump in with my $.02 worth (although it may not be worth quite that much). I happen to take a view contrary to that of our esteemed forum-mate. First off, and particularly when the images relate to a single theme or subject, I like it when there are more than one or two posted together. I think we get more of the story, and I appreciate that.

Second, take the criticism of specific images with grain of salt. Bottomline, it's just an opinion, and in the case of your Angola images, Peter, I happen to completely disagree with Chuck. The three he singled out and said you should delete are among my favorites of the group. Vlad seems to agree, as he singled two of them out as well.

Opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has them, and most of them stink. I know mine do at times, and there is no accounting for taste. I've been shooting for clients for 30+ years, and I never cease to be amazed at how often the images I like best aren't chosen, and how often images I'd toss are.

Next, I don't think this is primarily a critique thread. I think most of us are just enjoying seeing images taken with our favorite camera system. If someone invites opinions, then great, you'll probably get them. But remember that they're just opinions. There is no single "right" way. And in fact, many folks here don't necessarily post their "best" work anyway, since they may be under contractual restrictions to clients.

So, my take is post what you want, as many as you want. If someone has to work a little to single something out for comment, it's not that big a deal. If that's a problem for the critics, then maybe they can start a critique thread, and call the shots on that one. I think constructive criticism is valuable, and I think Chuck for example has a wealth of experience from which we can all benefit, but there's something to be said for having a place where we all just enjoy the images, and the more the merrier... good, bad, or indifferent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Friday's post. M9 + cv 12mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Outtake from Friday. M9 + DR Summicron.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, let me jump in with my $.02 worth (although it may not be worth quite that much). I happen to take a view contrary to that of our esteemed forum-mate. First off, and particularly when the images relate to a single theme or subject, I like it when there are more than one or two posted together. I think we get more of the story, and I appreciate that.
    i also completely agree with lloyd here. for example, if peter had posted only two or three tight headshot portraits from this post, then we would have no idea what the context is - are these people his friends, strangers, where they are, what are they doing? another example is steve's recent post here. each of these photos shown individually will make it difficult for the viewer to understand the context.

Second, take the criticism of specific images with grain of salt. Bottomline, it's just an opinion, and in the case of your Angola images, Peter, I happen to completely disagree with Chuck. The three he singled out and said you should delete are among my favorites of the group. Vlad seems to agree, as he singled two of them out as well.
    playing devil's advocate again, i also really like one of the photos that chuck said you should delete - specifically, this one:

personally, i think motion blur works really well in certain situations, and it certainly fits for my tastes here. the motion blur enhances the excitement shown on these kids' faces, and for me, anything that can add to the evocative nature of the photo is a good thing.

like lloyd said though, these are just my personal opinions too, and maybe they are of the stinky bellybutton variety i certainly recognize that my own photos aren't up to the high quality many of the people post here, including chuck too
    Jerry
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Opinions are like bellybuttons, everybody has them, and most of them stink. I know mine do at times, and there is no accounting for taste. I've been shooting for clients for 30+ years, and I never cease to be amazed at how often the images I like best aren't chosen, and how often images I'd toss are.

Next, I don't think this is primarily a critique thread. I think most of us are just enjoying seeing images taken with our favorite camera system. If someone invites opinions, then great, you'll probably get them. But remember that they're just opinions. There is no single "right" way. And in fact, many folks here don't necessarily post their "best" work anyway, since they may be under contractual restrictions to clients.

So, my take is post what you want, as many as you want. If someone has to work a little to single something out for comment, it's not that big a deal. If that's a problem for the critics, then maybe they can start a critique thread, and call the shots on that one. I think constructive criticism is valuable, and I think Chuck for example has a wealth of experience from which we can all benefit, but there's something to be said for having a place where we all just enjoy the images, and the more the merrier... good, bad, or indifferent.

Lloyd!

Very good comments. I very much know on how to take the comments or criticism or whatever. If someone thinks I should trash some of my work a) I won't do that if I disagree and 2b) I won't fall in depression. What I liked in Chuck's reply the most is the fact that he actually expanded a bit deeper on what he thinks about the images. I appreciate that, however, I/we know it is one single opinion. His comment photography being judged very much like a yes-no, black-white decision is a point which could be discussed or questioned.
    I enjoy this forum a lot and log-in daily to see what's new. And it is actually a good thing to see some controversy once in while - only that way any given feedback becomes somewhat more credible.

Thanks again - Peter

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

wonderful series steve! were these taken at a state fair?
    Yes they were Jerry. The Topsfield Fair in yes you guessed it Topsfield ,Mass. Thank You!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[CENTER]
    And the reason for my absence.. friends wedding in Bermuda, wife was a bridesmaid. This made my auxiliary bridesmaid, sherpa, and when I had a spare moment.. photographer. Tried to capture the moments that the pros aren't there for / can't get. Didn't wanna be that guy standing behind the pro snapping all his photos.

Anyway.. here's what I came back with.
    Mostly all M8 & VC Nokton 50/1.5
    Nice set. Looks like a fun event in a great setting. Nicely captured.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd,Jerry & Peter..All Well Said! Much Respect & Admiration To All Our Esteemed,Talented Friends!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Here are some more San Francisco shots with the 24mm lux. I didn't have to go far for these, as this was just a stone's throw from the press room at the CTIA tradeshow.

Perfect tone,angles,lines & framing David! Always enjoyable!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post

Too Cool!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Two more from yesterday. M9 + 135 APO-Telyt.
    '
    The entire group of posts is great, Woody. This one takes my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to single something out from the last few pages, this would be it

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of fantastic images here. I would like to quote and comment on some, but I have not figured out how to quote a single image in a post. How do you do that?

This one I captured this afternoon, 20 minutes before sunset on may way home from a client. The M9 is not too shabby

By the way, what looks like sensordust is migrating birds!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlindberg View Post
    Plenty of fantastic images here. I would like to quote and comment on some, but I have not figured out how to quote a single image in a post. How do you do that?

This one I captured this afternoon, 20 minutes before sunset on may way home from a client. The M9 is not too shabby

simple and beautiful dan!
    Jerry
    Flickr

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

+1. Add me to the list of admirers. I really like the composition, and the B/W is superb!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The entire group of posts is great, Woody. This one takes my breath.
    Thanks for the feedback - I've selected it for yesterday's post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well this one brings me up to date. Saturday's post. M9 + CV 12mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=Woody Campbell;253810]Two more from yesterday. M9 + 135 APO-Telyt.

Woody way to go, great fall images, I wish I had as nice if fall colors here in Park City
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more from Wyoming.

The sad reality of the emigrant trail:

M8, 28 Cron

The way West. (Behind me is Rattlesnake Pass. To my right is Devil's Gate, and to my left is the monument above. Though there were divergent trails westward, e.g., the Oregon Trail, California Trail, the Mormon Trail and the Pony Express, almost everyone had to pass through Rattlesnake Pass, so this portion of the trail was used by all. There are heavy wagon ruts to the side of the road, and a Pony Express station was located just behind and to the right of where I'm standing as I take this.)

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

Since 1872 part of the Sun Ranch (still owned by the same family), horses graze in front of Devil's Gate, just as the Pony Express Riders horses did in this very pasture 150 years ago. The station here was just to the left of the image.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

The Sweetwater River, which flows through Devil's Gate, and into the North Platte River about 10 miles beyond. Here about 1/4 mile upstream from Devil's Gate.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

Part of the Rattlesnake Range, along the Sweetwater River, near Devil's Gate.

M8, CV 21/4
    Last edited by Lloyd; 12th October 2010 at 14:40.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more from Wyoming.

T
    Since 1872 part of the Sun Ranch (still owned by the same family), horses graze in front of Devil's Gate, just as the Pony Express Riders horses did in this very pasture 150 years ago. The station here was just to the left of the image.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

The Sweetwater River, which flows through Devil's Gate, and into the North Platte River about 10 miles beyond. Here about 1/4 mile upstream from Devil's Gate.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
    These 3 are my favorites, rich in color,detail & history! Great set Lloyd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

nice images Lloyd
    Steven Kornreich
    www.kuau.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks to all of you who have commented on the bear. "Hungry Bear" might not have been the best of titles however we were at least 50 yards away from him while he was in the tree and you could hear him munching on the berries.

I never allowed the bear to get closer than a couple hundred feet and never felt threaten. You also have to remember I stand 6-9 and I was also standing on a hill looking down at where the bear was walking along the road so to him I was huge.

I do not advocate shooting wildlife with a rangefinder. The sole reason I wanted the 135 f/3.4 was for landscape - however I still had this trip in the back of by mind. I like to stretch the envelope to see just how much or how far I can go with my equipment.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Great series! Gritty black and white street images at their best!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A few more from Wyoming.

M8, 28 Cron

The way West. (Behind me is Rattlesnake Pass. To my right is Devil's Gate, and to my left is the monument above. Though there were divergent trails westward, e.g., the Oregon Trail, California Trail, the Mormon Trail and the Pony Express, almost everyone had to pass through Rattlesnake Pass, so this portion of the trail was used by all. There are heavy wagon ruts to the side of the road, and a Pony Express station was located just behind and to the right of where I'm standing as I take this.)

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
    Beautiful!
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Woody - All I can say about this is WOW! Great capture.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Great series! Gritty black and white street images at their best!
    Thanks Very Much Don!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

These 3 are my favorites, rich in color,detail & history! Great set Lloyd!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuau View Post
    nice images Lloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Beautiful!
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

So many startlingly great images....you are a magician with the 21 lux, Steve, and I suspect you are going to sell Leica a few of these lenses....now where's my checkbook? :ROTFL
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more from Wyoming.

M8, 28 Cron

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
    A great storytelling series, Lloyd. I love how you capture the essence of the land and distill it in such an approachable and vibrant way, Lloyd...Great captures, all of them!!!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Mesmerizing, Woody. Truly remarkable, with the patterns, the aestheic, the scope, the light!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post

David, this last one is just perfect. I love the tones, and how you have captured both the geometry and done so in a gentle and elegant manner.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan, your grand introductionn here continues with another marvelous image, very much get the sense of fall with the migrating birds in the distance...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Still raining when I pp'd this one. Cheers, Matt

M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/1.4; ISO 80

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Missed this earlier, Matt. Lovely processing...well seen...very textural (if that's even a word...)
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

[LEFT]

Outstanding work at the wedding!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

My first tries in the big city to go street shooting late at night. Lousy efforts, I am admitting weakness to be too shy to point the lens into a stranger's face. Guess the courage will come with experience.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Love the Dark,Old School Feel! Great Shot El Ma(t)tador!
    Steve: Thank you! That's what i wanted.

Steve: You went to the Fair! [1]"1. EasyKilla, 2. RedDevilB, 3. Artist-B-W, 4. 1108, 5. SlowDownGodZilla, 6. FutureBadAss-B-W, 7. KPas, 8. Good-TheBad, 9. BodyByJake, 10. Wrong".[/I] Tremendous series! No specific favorites (can't choose).

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

fantastic shot matt! sophisticated and wonderful on so many "levels!"
    Panda: Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSchlicht View Post
    Chuck,

Wow. I highly appreciate your professional advice! I only started now [yesterday] to post some of my images to the public. Photography always was a hobby for me, starting with an F3 and slides, then moving over to my good old B&W darkroom, progressing to Pentax 67 and all B&W, i.e. restricting myself to 10 pics per roll, which is a real "school" to go through, aimed to "slow down". From these 10 pics a roll only a few made it to the printing stage in the darkroom at the time. Then I had some years not shooting at all mainly due to my daytime job... But since 2008 I'm back again, got myself a D700 and now a Leica M9... which, in a way, takes me "back" to the times of medium format and people shooting. I'm happy to be back. Digital is now the "crux" though... there is no "self-restriction" in terms of frames anymore... so the selection process is delayed to the processing stage, where a lot of things seem to be possible ["fixing"], but in reality are not! In fact, you need to be much more rigorous in throwing out the stuff which "doesn't work". There is rarely a "keeper" which wasn't one right out of the camera...
    Stunning website with stunning images you have!
    Thx, Peter
    Peter: Well said.

Lloyd: Also, well said. I think the variety of photographs, photographers, and intentions is the strength of this thread.

Cheers, Matt

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A few more from Wyoming.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
    Lloyd: Thanks for sharing. These are really outstanding. Love the color and the story. This is a beautiful, diverse, country.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Missed this earlier, Matt. Lovely processing...well seen...very textural (if that's even a word...)
    Ashwin: Thank you, sir! It's definitely a word.

Cheers, Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Woody, absolutely breathtaking photograph!

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, I absolutely love this shot. Very well presented, too.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ash & Matt..Thanks A Lot!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    My first tries in the big city to go street shooting late at night. Lousy efforts, I am admitting weakness to be too shy to point the lens into a stranger's face. Guess the courage will come with experience.

Vlad...Nothing You Do Is "Lousy"! it Takes Time And A Few "Slaps In The Face" Before You Start Shooting In Ones "Mug" Up Close!
    Love This Set!!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

M9, 21 Lux

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A great storytelling series, Lloyd. I love how you capture the essence of the land and distill it in such an approachable and vibrant way, Lloyd...Great captures, all of them!!!
    Lloyd: Thanks for sharing. These are really outstanding. Love the color and the story. This is a beautiful, diverse, country.

Ashwin, Matt, many, many thanks.