Site Sponsors
Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... blind in his left eye, and losing the sight in the right as well. He's almost totally deaf, and his front shoulders are in terrible shape. Sleeps most of the day now, waking to move from one sunny spot to another. He used to be an athletic marvel, able to jump nearly 6 feet in the air to take a treat out of my hand. He was always in motion. Mimi and I had always been big dog people, but we rescued this little toy poodle, when his previous owners decided they simply didn't want two dogs (they had a teacup poodle as well... a yappie little rat) He's been with us 14 years now, but he stole our hearts right from the beginning. He's still very loving, and even playful (in short bursts), and still has reasonable health, but we know he won't last long. We'll miss him a lot, but I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH @ f2:

Go toward the light, old friend. It's ok. We'll be ok... and thank you.

Last edited by Lloyd; 17th June 2010 at 09:32. Reason: Added second image.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd

Aw man that just brought tears to my eyes. The best thing to do is get another as soon as you can so Spike can get past the grieving processes.

Know what you're feeling we had a Rotty for 14 years and a mutt from Living Free (no kill) in Hemet CA for 13 years. We miss them both to this day.

Thanks for sharing

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... ...... I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.
    A very moving tribute to a beloved family member, Lloyd!

About helping his little friend, I have to share some advice a dog owner I know got in a similar situation: let the young dog be present and actually see for himself how his friend passes away, whether it happens at home or at the vetīs! It might sound cruel, but heīll understand exactly what happens, and be able to live it down. If he isnīt there, heīll search and wait for his friend for a long time (as it was for Fredde, our present dog when Felix, his older companion, had to be put away. He searched for almost a year...).

To get it back to images: this is Snuffan, a 13 yo American cocker that we meet almost daily. A lovely lady who still walks a lot, although sheīs lost more than half her teeth by now. The whole neighbourhood will mourn when her time is up....

(Itīs a Digilux 2 shot, but I feel itīs appropriate in this context).

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    Lloyd

Aw man that just brought tears to my eyes. The best thing to do is get another as soon as you can so Spike can get past the grieving processes.

Know what you're feeling we had a Rotty for 14 years and a mutt from Living Free (no kill) in Hemet CA for 13 years. We miss them both to this day.

Thanks for sharing

Don
    Thank you Don. And thanks for the suggestion. That's one we're considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Ofverbeck View Post

About helping his little friend, I have to share some advice a dog owner I know got in a similar situation: let the young dog be present and actually see for himself how his friend passes away, whether it happens at home or at the vetīs! It might sound cruel, but heīll understand exactly what happens, and be able to live it down. If he isnīt there, heīll search and wait for his friend for a long time (as it was for Fredde, our present dog when Felix, his older companion, had to be put away. He searched for almost a year...).

To get it back to images: this is Snuffan, a 13 yo American cocker that we meet almost daily. A lovely lady who still walks a lot, although sheīs lost more than half her teeth by now. The whole neighbourhood will mourn when her time is up....

Thank you Per. I'd never heard or thought of that, but it makes sense.

Nice shot of a lovely lady. Thanks for sharing.

XK50

Someone mention trams?

Best wishes,

John

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... blind in his left eye, and losing the sight in the right as well. He's almost totally deaf, and his front shoulders are in terrible shape. Sleeps most of the day now, waking to move from one sunny spot to another. He used to be an athletic marvel, able to jump nearly 6 feet in the air to take a treat out of my hand. He was always in motion. Mimi and I had always been big dog people, but we rescued this little toy poodle, when his previous owners decided they simply didn't want two dogs (they had a teacup poodle as well... a yappie little rat) He's been with us 14 years now, but he stole our hearts right from the beginning. He's still very loving, and even playful (in short bursts), and still has reasonable health, but we know he won't last long. We'll miss him a lot, but I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

Lloyd: Yes sir, a great tribute for a beloved family member. My words shall be inadequate. My feelings I can't put in words.

Take care.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XK50 View Post
    Someone mention trams?

Best wishes,

John
    John: I did. I love trams. I love your trams.

Regards.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Per Ofverbeck View Post

Lloyd, Wonderful, Endearing Shots Of Pepper. She's Lucky To Have All Of You & Spike Too! We Do Love Them Like Our Own Children & Losing Them Is Devastating. I Wish You All The Best & Enjoy Every Moment As I Know You Do...

Wendy Is 16 & Resembles Per's Cocker Snuffen...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Lloyd: Yes sir, a great tribute for a beloved family member. My words shall be inadequate. My feelings I can't put in words.

Take care.
    I understand. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Lloyd, Wonderful, Endearing Shots Of Pepper. She's Lucky To Have All Of You & Spike Too! We Do Love Them Like Our Own Children & Losing Them Is Devastating. I Wish You All The Best & Enjoy Every Moment As I Know You Do...

Wendy Is 16 & Resembles Per's Cocker Snuffen...

Thank you Steve. Wendy is a beauty. Wonderful image.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone mention trams?

Best wishes,

John
    Great images, John. Beautiful b/w, and a really nice first post. Looking forward to much more... welcome to the forum!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone mention trams?

Best wishes,

John
    Welcome Aboard John! Sharp,Contrasty & Excellent Images!

XK50

John: I did. I love trams. I love your trams.

Regards.
    Thanks, Rayyan. A love of fine machinery is one of the reason we look in here. If ever you visit England, there's this museum, near Derby, dedicated to the things.

http://www.tramway.co.uk/

John

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw gee, Lloyd. That brought a tear to my eye. Here's to Pepper and his people.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that seems very cold! A stark contrast to your desert, I'm thinking.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd, wonderful pics of your wise companion! Our family dog, Annie, a sheltee, died earlier this year at 16 years of age. She is missed every day, so I am touched by Pepper's image here...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely pics of close companions above from Per, Lloyd et al...

Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!

Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Haven't been here for a while, here's one with a World Cup theme...

M9, ZM 25/2.8, ISO1250, f2.8, 1/12secs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And some fellow Leica enthusiasts in Malaysia:

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone mention trams?

Best wishes,

John
    Certainly wasn't me ...
    Last edited by Knorp; 28th October 2013 at 12:52.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that seems very cold! A stark contrast to your desert, I'm thinking.
    Lloyd: lol!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Certainly wasn't me ...
    Knorp: Magnificent Knorp. I do love trams and these are beautiful. Unfortunately
    all my Dutch trams are on film.

Regards.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post

Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!

Matt, where are you..get over here!! Very well deserved sir. A wonderful photographer, and more importantly an even more wonderful person.

clap:

Ashwin: You my friend have done justice here with brilliant images. I think the first one is one of the best. The superb dof control is awesome.

Thank you both.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Newton,Avedon,Evans,Bresson & Driscoll....!
    Very Proud Of You!!!! Thanks To Ashwin For Being There & Documenting The Works On Display Of Our Talented Friend!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nick & Knorp...Excellent!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey!!! These are great! Thanks for sharing them, and big congrats to you Matt! You handsome devil you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey!!! These are great! Thanks for sharing them, and big congrats to you Matt!
    +1 Matt.

Lloyd, what a moving picture and story. Pepper will move on and come back in a different guise. God knows where we'll be then...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

A great tribute. Rescued dogs are the best Get his mate a puppy from somewhere. Maybe best whilst that lovely old boy is still alive.
    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

Post Thanks / Like

since we're doing dogs here, this is Cindy, my parents (who swore they'd never own another pet) new dog. Kinda cute, no?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Certainly wasn't me ...
    LOL. Nicely done Bart. Great images.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    since we're doing dogs here, this is Cindy, my parents (who swore they'd never own another pet) new dog. Kinda cute, no?
    Very cute yes. Nice use of DoF too.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Aw gee, Lloyd. That brought a tear to my eye. Here's to Pepper and his people.
    Thanks Maggie.

Lloyd, wonderful pics of your wise companion! Our family dog, Annie, a sheltee, died earlier this year at 16 years of age. She is missed every day, so I am touched by Pepper's image here...
    Thank you Ash. Sorry about Annie, I can well imagine she's missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaapv View Post
    A great tribute. Rescued dogs are the best Get his mate a puppy from somewhere. Maybe best whilst that lovely old boy is still alive.
    Thanks Jaap. That's actually what we're considering right now.

Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Lloyd, what a moving picture and story. Pepper will move on and come back in a different guise. God knows where we'll be then...
    God knows indeed, my friend. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lloyd; 18th June 2010 at 07:23. Reason: corrected spelling

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Yoon View Post
    Haven't been here for a while, here's one with a World Cup theme...

M9, ZM 25/2.8, ISO1250, f2.8, 1/12secs
    LOL. That certainly portrays the angst of the World Cup.

Nice Leica bunch in the second shot as well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

...Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!
    Ashwin: Thank you for coming. Fortunately, i'd had my coffee before i checked this forum. I realized after i got home that the diopter had fallen off my M9, so, some of my photos at the opening were a little blurry. I thought it was eye strain. Thanks for documenting it. I can refer my daughter to your post. That way she'll know that i do something besides work.
    Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you and thank you for your assistance.
    Rayyan: Thank you and thank you for your inspiring work!

All: Thanks for your posts. This is a great forum to learn from; and, most civilized too. BTW, I'm not quitting my day job.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful warmth to this image. The DoF, and the quality of the focus are impressive as well. Nicely done.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ayesha, Could I ask you a personal question: said mrs. Stevenson

Yes, go ahead. Said Ayesha.

You won't mind?. No, of course not., said Ayesha.

Is it true?, asked Mrs. Stevenson. What is true? asked Ayesha.

That they keep their womenfolk locked in their houses? And let them out rarely?

Where is your husband? 4000 mts. down, said Ayesha. Above that he comes with me.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is your husband? 4000 mts. down, said Ayesha. Above that he comes with me.
    That seriously cracks me up!!! (Great shot of Ayesha, btw)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

James, Wonderful Mug!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rich Color & Contrast Rayyan! Very Nice Composition!

Incredible View & Karate Kid Pose By Ayesha!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

That seriously cracks me up!!! (Great shot of Ayesha, btw)
    Lloyd:

Rich Color & Contrast Rayyan! Very Nice Composition!

Incredible View & Karate Kid Pose By Ayesha!
    Steve: Thank you sir.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice images, Edwin. Thanks for sharing. I love the way that Canon lens renders too.
    Edwin: +1. Nice images; nice looking kids (one's children always make the best subjects!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Thanks, Ashwin, Maggie, Steve, Matt, and rayyan.
    I do love the 24 lux. It was 106 degrees my first day in Vegas, so I spent most of the time indoors shooting wide open or close to wide open.
    Here are three ceiling shots using the 24 lux.
    David: You have a good eye for framing and for organizing the abstract qualities of your subjects.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    The puppy and child theme is a happy one after all of the homeless shots. Kurt
    Kurt: Nice photograph. Excellent framing and focus. I want a puppy! What kind of puppy is that?
    Steve: These are both great! Nicely framed and captured. The lines/vectors, landscape forms, and reflections in the Tai chi photo are terrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleanorbrown View Post
    As always, I enjoy catching up and seeing all the incredibly varied images on this forum! I have a few taken yesterday...I'm trying to carry my M9 with me more on errands, etc. shot some store reflections around my area of Houston in the process. Here are a few. I was drawn to the "layers" in these images"...Taken with the M9 and 75 Cron asph lens......Eleanor
    Eleanor: Beautiful reflections. This one is simpler then the others. Nicely done!
    That's a nice shot, and excellent use of the wide angle, Helen. Congrats on the new camera (and the very nice glass). Looking forward to much more as you share your rangefinder journey!
    Helen: +1, what Lloyd said.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Since there's a critter theme going...

Recently, a Song Sparrow flew into one of my studio's windows and got the wind knocked out of it and I was able to get close enough to get a decent photo of the little bird:

The sparrow got its breath back shortly after I made that photo and flew off, right as rain again. (M8, 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, that is very nice shot. The difficult whites/blacks have been nicely
    managed.

Regards.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Since there's a critter theme going...

Recently, a Song Sparrow flew into one of my studio's windows and got the wind knocked out of it and I was able to get close enough to get a decent photo of the little bird:

The sparrow got its breath back shortly after I made that photo and flew off, right as rain again. (M8, 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit)
    Maggie: That's cool. I am glad the sparrow made it. That 90mm is a lovely lens.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Different kind of stones. I took my 50mm c-sonnar the last trip. I am starting
    to like this one.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayyan & Matt, Thanks!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Maggie, Sharp ,Cute & Colorful! Glad The Bird Is Doing Fine...

Rayyan, The 50 C- Sonnar Packs A Nice Little IQ Punch!

Post Thanks / Like

oh my...i miss a day or two, and there are way too many excellent photos to catch up on...

Both beautiful photos! You're so talented to make use of all sorts of different elements to capture attention (color, repetitive elements, light, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    So much good stuff - I've been busy (still am)
    Here are a couple from the new 35 'lux:

Awesome photo Jonathan! Also thanks for all the effort into sharing your photos with the new 35 Lux. Can't believe the far out criticisms you got on LUF in that 35 Lux thread. At least he ended up apologizing for it...

Quote Originally Posted by sjg284 View Post
    m8 & vc 15 ltm
    Very nice, a classic photo, love the spiraling!

Wisdom...

So beautiful, the black and white treatment makes this person just emanate a feeling of profoundness...

One slightly OT. I've been going through my father's old slides. I found this shot, and had to share. This is my mother, holding my sister on the right, and your's truly (yep, me) on the left. Thanks for indulging my detour.

Leica IIIc, 5cm f2,0 Summitar. Kodachrome, scanned with a Nikon 4000ED:
    Absolutely...wow! I guess photographic talents may be a genetic trait too? So beautiful!

Very nice, I love the stark white negative space, penetrated by the deep red of the ship!

Incredibly cute!
    Jerry
    Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

[
    Fantastic portrait, Ashwin!

And congratulations Matt! Well deserved honor and recognition, I wish I were able to look through your gallery that evening!
    Jerry
    Flickr