The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Sixty years ago last week, my parents were married. Oddly, there was only one photograph taken of them that day (below on the left). It was taken with my Father's Leica IIIc (5cm f2 Summitar lens). On their 60th Anniversary, I took them to the same place (well, as close as I could get, the gardens have been expanded, so we're about 50 feet off), and took this image with my M8, and the 35 Cron ASPH. The wind was blowing on their wedding day, and my mother reached up to keep her hat on her head as the shot was taken. She wanted to pose the same for the shot I took.

(BTW, I have the camera the original was taken with, and took a shot of them with it as well. Just haven't had a chance to process the film yet.)

Maggie O

That might be the sweetest diptych ever, Lloyd! I love it.

Here's one from the M8 with my 1959 50/1.4 Summilux-M:

Bob's World, May, 2010

When you're King of The World, you need to stay in touch with all of your Lands and your Peoples. Hence, the globe and shortwave!

YamasDigital

Lloyd:

Belated congrats to your parents. I definitely notice a change in the landscaping and the cocrete curbs between the 2 photos.

Keith

Lloyd

That might be the sweetest diptych ever, Lloyd! I love it.

Here's one from the M8 with my 1959 50/1.4 Summilux-M:

Bob's World, May, 2010

When you're King of The World, you need to stay in touch with all of your Lands and your Peoples. Hence, the globe and shortwave!
King of the world, indeed, Maggie. Nice shot. BTW, it's partly your 'sentimental journey' shots that inspired me to take this. Thanks.

Lloyd

Lloyd:

Belated congrats to your parents. I definitely notice a change in the landscaping and the cocrete curbs between the 2 photos.

Keith
Thank you Keith. Much appreciated. The curbing has changed. I don't think the subjects have changed much, however. :D At least not personality-wise. :thumbup:

Maggie O

King of the world, indeed, Maggie. Nice shot. BTW, it's partly your 'sentimental journey' shots that inspired me to take this. Thanks.
I'm honored to have had even the tiniest part in such a wonderful photo, Lloyd!

I'll pass on your compliment to Bob as some extra chin scritches this afternoon.

shtarka1

Lloyd, I Can See Where You Got Your Tom Skerritt ,Rugged Good Looks From!
Just A Wonderful, Heartwarming Comparison! Your Very Lucky Lloyd! Happy Anniversary To Your Parents!!!

panda81

Trying something a little different than what I normally show here. These types of shots (at least what I'm attempting) is the type of photography I really enjoy but don't really know how to create - moody scenes that make you wonder about the situation...

All three were with M9 + Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon.

Lloyd

Trying something a little different than what I normally show here. These types of shots (at least what I'm attempting) is the type of photography I really enjoy but don't really know how to create - moody scenes that make you wonder about the situation...

All three were with M9 + Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon.

Good stuff!! I LOVE this last one.

Knorp

While celebrating the new thread, here're a couple of shots from "Queen's Day'' celebrations on April 30 in Amsterdam. :rolleyes:
Yep, it's all about 'orange' :eek:

| summilux 1:1.4/75mm | m9 |

Last edited:

Lloyd

While celebrating the new thread, here're a couple of shots from "Queen's Day'' celebrations on April 30 in Amsterdam. :rolleyes:
Yep, it's all about 'orange' :eek:

| summilux 1:1.4/75mm | m9 |
Some nice shots, Bart. I haven't seen that much Orange since the Speed Skating events at the Winter Olympics! :D BTW, that pink tuxedo is killer!!

Maggie O

Maggie, Sharp, Incredible IQ! I Like The Short Wave Radio In The Background Too!
Thanks, Steve! The radio is a Grundig Satellit 800; I've had it since 2000 or so. The Internet has taken over for it in a lot of ways, but sometimes it's fun to just twirl the dial and see what you get.