The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Don/David/Lloyd/Rayyan/Kurt/Jono/Vlad: Wonderful images all. A treat to scroll through them, admire and study the images, and read the posts. Adobe, mystery machinery (distillery?), euro back alleys, spaceships, cats, and secret lens tests! Outstanding color and B & W! Like a masters class. Thank you. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Don/David/Lloyd/Rayyan/Kurt/Jono/Vlad: Wonderful images all. A treat to scroll through them, admire and study the images, and read the posts. Adobe, mystery machinery (distillery?), euro back alleys, spaceships, cats, and secret lens tests! Outstanding color and B & W! Like a masters class. Thank you. Cheers, Matt.

So well said. Awesome shots...

mathomas

Today was the first trip on which I only brought along my M9 instead of carrying around another dSLR. I had always wanted to visit the Kennedy Space Center since I was a child and today the dream finally came true.

What an incredible place. I am happy about the results that I got from this amazing RF. 24 Lux and 50 Lux were used.

B&W conversion was a great choice for all of these. The tones are great. I particularly like the lighting of the above.

jonoslack

Great stuff Vlad - I like the last of the first series best I think, but they're all fine.

Thanks Matt - and Lloyd - no testing here, and certainly nothing secret, at least, only personal testing!

all the best

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Lloyd: Wonderful images of a solid couple. So cool to be able to make that image for lots of different reasons. I can't help but wonder if the green tree behind your father was one of the plantings in the original photo.

Vlad: The B&W brings back the 60s era and matches perfectly with the NASA I remember.

These don't quite fit, but the first is some drastic play with an M8 image of the last steam locomotive to pull into the Waterville, ME repair yard back in 1954. Pure fantasy. And one more from the yard that's a bit more clinical. I'd love to get in there and shoot. Two miles of freight cars awaiting repair/repaint. Homeland security get involved though. Could be tough.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Wonderful images of a solid couple. So cool to be able to make that image for lots of different reasons. I can't help but wonder if the green tree behind your father was one of the plantings in the original photo.
Thank you Tim. Yes, they are solid. 60 years, and they've never had a fight in their relationship, not one time. I've known them for more than 58 of those years, and I'm amazed.

These don't quite fit, but the first is some drastic play with an M8 image of the last steam locomotive to pull into the Waterville, ME repair yard back in 1954. Pure fantasy. And one more from the yard that's a bit more clinical. I'd love to get in there and shoot. Two miles of freight cars awaiting repair/repaint. Homeland security get involved though. Could be tough.
Very kewl shots. I've always had a thing for trains. The treatment on the first is especially good.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd. I have to go back. I had just a few minutes to snap away until we returned to the car to finish up a long road trip.

This shot shows one of the drive wheels. What it doesn't illustrate is that each of the six drive wheels is about 6 feet in diameter! Enormous amount of iron.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. I have to go back. I had just a few minutes to snap away until we returned to the car to finish up a long road trip.

This shot shows one of the drive wheels. What it doesn't illustrate is that each of the six drive wheels is about 6 feet in diameter! Enormous amount of iron.
Can't imagine what one of those must weigh! That's a beautiful b/w, btw. The tonality is superb.

J

JohnW

Really enjoying this thread. Thanks, everyone. M8 + 75 Summicron.

f 10

Sixty years ago last week, my parents were married. Oddly, there was only one photograph taken of them that day (below on the left). It was taken with my Father's Leica IIIc (5cm f2 Summitar lens). On their 60th Anniversary, I took them to the same place (well, as close as I could get, the gardens have been expanded, so we're about 50 feet off), and took this image with my M8, and the 35 Cron ASPH. The wind was blowing on their wedding day, and my mother reached up to keep her hat on her head as the shot was taken. She wanted to pose the same for the shot I took.

(BTW, I have the camera the original was taken with, and took a shot of them with it as well. Just haven't had a chance to process the film yet.)

it was already said everything - great:thumbs:

f 10

Trying something a little different than what I normally show here. These types of shots (at least what I'm attempting) is the type of photography I really enjoy but don't really know how to create - moody scenes that make you wonder about the situation...

All three were with M9 + Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon.

perfekt :thumbs: