The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

thrice

Sorry for the inconsistent sky, I didn't expect my B+W filter to be so effective :p No more PL with 18mm I think.

My Lee 0.9 ND grad slipped out of the filter holder whilst shooting this evening, and got chipped on a rock, luckily it didn't fall into the ocean and get washed away.

When I was rock-hopping back from this spot I slipped and badly cut one hand, the back of my leg and one leg of my gitzo 1541T :( so much drama with my toys this evening.

18mm distagon on the M9. Processed in C1.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Sorry for the inconsistent sky, I didn't expect my B+W filter to be so effective :p No more PL with 18mm I think.

My Lee 0.9 ND grad slipped out of the filter holder whilst shooting this evening, and got chipped on a rock, luckily it didn't fall into the ocean and get washed away.

When I was rock-hopping back from this spot I slipped and badly cut one hand, the back of my leg and one leg of my gitzo 1541T :( so much drama with my toys this evening.

Stunning image, Daniel. Glad you made it out of there!

rayyan

Hi all,

First, I must say, it was a GREAT pleasure to meet up with Steve. Steve, you are truly one of the finest and kindest gentlemen that I have met anywhere, let alone the Leica community. I look forward to further photo strolls when I am next in Boston, and if you are ever up here in the Pac NW, you have a home here. Plus, we can meet up with Matt, Peter, and the rest of the group for some lively fun.

It was a privilege to share the Noct f/0.95 with such a talented photographer, and I AM WOWED by the results seen above. Just AMAZING! What a day. Next, I have to download the 600 or so shots taken during my week-long sojourn away, and I'll be posting here soon!
Ashwin: If Steve says you are awesome...the you are awesome.:thumbup:

If Ashwin says Steve is awesome..then Steve is awesome.:thumbup:

So Ashwin..let's see those awesome 600+ pics.:D

Daniel: That is a glorious photo. Glad you are fine.

Regards.

rayyan

I approached them. The were very shy.

I asked for a cut, shave and shampoo...They burst out laughing.

I sat down with the father. Waiting for my turn...

A traveler making notes, meeting people. Beautiful people.

ashwinrao1

Wow, more magic to be had.

Rayyan, your recent posts, having scanned back several pages of threads, are AMAZING!!!!

Daniel, I love your style and composition with your famous seascapes!

Maggie: Lovely bird shots. Shows what the M system can do if pressed into action!

Kurt: More Noct charm from you! Lovely...

Matt, the usual magic. Steve and I were chatting about your outstanding scapes of Seattle! We need to stroll as well, my friend!

So much more, I'll be browsing back as able and commenting...

DavidE

I was in Las Vegas last week for the InfoComm tradeshow. Won't be in Vegas again until next year, so I guess I'll have to find other stuff to photograph. :)

All shot with an M9 and 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Steve: Art is alive and well. With the photog and the music maker. Wonderful. The composition and the moment of capture is just right. I am always partial to smokers.!!
:thumbup:

Regards.
Understatement... but I agree. :thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Next up, some portraits of the man, the myth, the legend, our good friend Steve! It was wonderful to stroll with you, my friend!!!

f/0.95 in hand:

In action, capturing a bunch of Lamborghinis:

Lloyd

I approached them. The were very shy.

I asked for a cut, shave and shampoo...They burst out laughing.

I sat down with the father. Waiting for my turn...

A traveler making notes, meeting people. Beautiful people.
Beautiful people indeed, Rayyan. And, as the saying here goes, "it takes one to know one."

Lloyd

Next up, some portraits of the man, the myth, the legend, our good friend Steve! It was wonderful to stroll with you, my friend!!!
Beautiful shots, Ashwin. (The subject matter notwithstanding. :D... Actually, thanks for the accurate views of the "the man, the myth, the legend" that is Steve!! :thumbup:)

Lloyd

I was in Las Vegas last week for the InfoComm tradeshow. Won't be in Vegas again until next year, so I guess I'll have to find other stuff to photograph. :)

All shot with an M9 and 24 lux.
Very nice collection David. :salute:

ashwinrao1

And now for some shots from our stroll...

Around Harvard Yard...

And Josh Beckett's deriere...haha...special shot for Steve...

DavidE

Amazing portraits, Ashwin. It's especially cool to see the great one in action, decked with bags and gear.

My only question: When will the Steve action figure (and inevitable accessories) be available?