The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Amazing portraits, Ashwin. It's especially cool to see the great one in action, decked with bags and gear.

My only question: When will the Steve action figure (and inevitable accessories) be available?
Like David says. But what were you shooting, Steve having the 0.95 in his hand?

ashwinrao1

Hi Lloyd, I did shoot and bring a bunch of other glass, including a 50 'lux pre-asph, 75 cron, and 35 lux asph...however, most of the Steve portraits as well as the other pics here (except for guitar man, wall climbing man, and the Mount Rainier capture) were done with the Noct f0.95...

ashwinrao1

David, we definitely need to pool resources and have a GetDPI "Steve Action Figure", complete with full set of Leica Lenses and Billingham cases...

Steve, I love what you did with the Noct f0.95 in your very first outing. I hope that you can find your way to one soon. Trust me, it was a challenging decision, but as you may imagine, I feel that it was the right one...;)

shtarka1

And now for some shots from our stroll...

And Josh Beckett's deriere...haha...special shot for Steve...

The First Shot In My Opinion Wins Pic Of The Day! Becketts "Tuchas" Is Special Also! Tremendous Shooting & Set My Brotha! I Have 0.95itis!

shtarka1

Sorry for the inconsistent sky, I didn't expect my B+W filter to be so effective :p No more PL with 18mm I think.

My Lee 0.9 ND grad slipped out of the filter holder whilst shooting this evening, and got chipped on a rock, luckily it didn't fall into the ocean and get washed away.

When I was rock-hopping back from this spot I slipped and badly cut one hand, the back of my leg and one leg of my gitzo 1541T :( so much drama with my toys this evening.

18mm distagon on the M9. Processed in C1.
Geesh Dan....I Was So Taken By Your Photo I Missed The Part Where You Hurt Yourself! Dang! Hope Your Doing Better! steve

shtarka1

Beautiful shots, Ashwin. (The subject matter notwithstanding. :D... Actually, thanks for the accurate views of the "the man, the myth, the legend" that is Steve!! :thumbup:)
I Think You Guy's Mean The One Time Legend, Many Years Ago In My Own Mind!:D

rayyan

Next up, some portraits of the man, the myth, the legend, our good friend Steve! It was wonderful to stroll with you, my friend!!!

f/0.95 in hand:

In action, capturing a bunch of Lamborghinis:
Ashwin: Superb Captures.

Now, Bruce..ya you Bruce Willis or John or whatever you call yourself. You Just an actor. Now I have my buddy Steve. Ya a real Man. Ya that's him..Steve. Bruce, eat your heart out...

shtarka1

Ashwin: Superb Captures.

Now, Bruce..ya you Bruce Willis or John or whatever you call yourself. You Just an actor. Now I have my buddy Steve. Ya a real Man. Ya that's him..Steve. Bruce, eat your heart out...
Rayyan...Might Be Closer To Woody Allen & Jimmy Durante.......:rolleyes::D!

DavidE

David, Beautiful Set With The 24 Lux! Love The First & Last One!
Thanks, Lloyd and Steve.

Here are three more Vegas shots with the M9 and 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]