The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

David,
Great stuff with the 24 lux. That is actually the last lens on my lust-list....I am doubting that I'll get the new 35 lux, but you do justice to the wonderful 24 lux and show how versatile it is!!!

wolverine

Testing the new M9

Got through my health issues over the past year and picked up an M9 to boot two weeks ago. Taken at the Met in NY last weekend. Testing focus on the 50 lux asph, so nothing great. Shot at f/1.4. It looks like the lens is focusing fine. Focus was on the right eye as it faces you. Bought and sold a few things the past year while I was going through my trek. Just did not want to give up on photography. I appreciate the patience of those I bought and sold from. We will see where this M9 thing leads. I am not a regular poster but I read your stuff every day and have learned a lot. Thanks, Frank

panda81

Daniel, such a beautiful photo!

Steve and Ashwin, great series from both of you! Wish I had made a trip to Boston too to learn from two very inspirational photographers!

Ashwin, especially love the photo of Mt. Rainer. Wonderful! Steve, don't worry about the Noctilux 0.95...it's your skills that create your inspiring photos (and of course you too Ashwin ;) ).

panda81

Lloyd, I really love what you did here. I guess I still have a lot of years ahead of me since my age is a lot closer to your parents in the first, original photo. Putting these two side by side reminds me to live my life well during all the years in between the first and second photo you posted.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Ashwin, you are soooo sadistic. Giving Steve a little taste of the new noct to start the addiction. I remember a drug dealer using the same technique in a Hawaii 5-0 episode I saw when I was a kid ... lucky thing the good guys had Chin and McGarrett.

You both are to be commended ... killer sets. Gorgeous shots.

Daniel, John, Maggie, f1 and the others overlooked, good job. Keep 'em coming.

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
High school graduation today for the oldest of my two children ... next stop Ohio State next weekend so that he can begin summer classes and his life as a college student next Monday. Proud grandma and grandpa and my daughter.

Cheers!

Kurt

m_driscoll

Steve: Both are great. :cool: I really like the man's profile and the bokeh on this on.e He looks like a throwback to the 50's. His cigarette needs to be smoking (not like your earlier photo, though).

Sorry for the inconsistent sky, I didn't expect my B+W filter to be so effective :p No more PL with 18mm I think.
My Lee 0.9 ND grad slipped out of the filter holder whilst shooting this evening, and got chipped on a rock, luckily it didn't fall into the ocean and get washed away.
When I was rock-hopping back from this spot I slipped and badly cut one hand, the back of my leg and one leg of my gitzo 1541T :( so much drama with my toys this evening.
18mm distagon on the M9. Processed in C1.
Daniel: No pain, no gain. A stupid saying, but, here you go! You gained a beautiful image.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I approached them. The were very shy.
I asked for a cut, shave and shampoo...They burst out laughing.
I sat down with the father. Waiting for my turn...
A traveler making notes, meeting people. Beautiful people.
rayyan: I really like your style!

...Matt, the usual magic. Steve and I were chatting about your outstanding scapes of Seattle! We need to stroll as well, my friend!...
Ashwin: Way to kind. We should do it.

I was in Las Vegas last week for the InfoComm tradeshow. Won't be in Vegas again until next year, so I guess I'll have to find other stuff to photograph. :)
All shot with an M9 and 24 lux.
David: Beautiful photos. I'm sure there's life after Vegas.

Next up, some portraits of the man, the myth, the legend, our good friend Steve! It was wonderful to stroll with you, my friend!!!

f/0.95 in hand
In action, capturing a bunch of Lamborghinis:
Ashwin: Very nice photos! Have you contacted Steve's Publicist? This first photo's my favorite. Framing, color, light, and shadow. Dark to light. The Chinese movie posters are perfect. Jackie Chan's sidekick with a Leica. :cool:

Interesting that red is a prominent color in each of these three photos.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

One Of A Kind,Unique Feel With Outrageous IQ! Beautiful Framing & Grab Ashwin!
Ashwin: +1. wonderful color!:thumbup:

M8 Noctilux
seen in a shop window:)
f 1,0: I hope no one you knew saw you photograph that? Well seen.:salute:

DynOmite!
David: I was going to say that! But, i have spell check. :LOL:

M8.2, 50 Lux asph:)
Steve: Excellent photos. I attended a workshop yesterday with Vincent Versace (at the Pike Place Market). Great photographer, good teacher and interesting guy. He said that if you want to sell a photgraph of musicians then you should just photograph their hands; nobody wants to buy a photo of people they don't know. He also said cropping is for wussies; but, that's another topic.

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Got through my health issues over the past year and picked up an M9 to boot two weeks ago. Taken at the Met in NY last weekend. Testing focus on the 50 lux asph, so nothing great. Shot at f/1.4. It looks like the lens is focusing fine. Focus was on the right eye as it faces you. Bought and sold a few things the past year while I was going through my trek. Just did not want to give up on photography. I appreciate the patience of those I bought and sold from. We will see where this M9 thing leads. I am not a regular poster but I read your stuff every day and have learned a lot. Thanks, Frank
Frank: Great your health's sorted out and congratulations on the new M9. Lens and photo look good. Hope to see more.

High school graduation today for the oldest of my two children ... next stop Ohio State next weekend so that he can begin summer classes and his life as a college student next Monday. Proud grandma and grandpa and my daughter.
Cheers! Kurt
Kurt: Congratulations to your son and family. Great look from your daughter!

Tried a little different processing with these local, small-town traveling carnival shots. Kurt
Kurt: Nice series. I think this pp suits the subject quite well. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

ashwinrao1

Matt, thanks for the kind words! Agreed, I had never seen the 4 volcanoes (Hood, Adams, Helens, and Rainier, I believe) at once, at sunset from 20,000 feet up! It was a luxury.

We need to go photographing together sometime soon!

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

A few more from today's productive processing session...images from Boston, taken mainly alongside Steve...

Color companion piece to the earlier b+w, slightly different capture...

Inspired by Steve's guitar shot, this one taken with the 90 macro-elmar:

Women in line, waiting for work assignments:

Taking a break from rough times, Chinatown:

Sunset over Harvard, from the top of Quincy House

What's for Lunch...Assessing the Menu

John Harvard and the Flag:

The famous Harvard "Coop"