The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... blind in his left eye, and losing the sight in the right as well. He's almost totally deaf, and his front shoulders are in terrible shape. Sleeps most of the day now, waking to move from one sunny spot to another. He used to be an athletic marvel, able to jump nearly 6 feet in the air to take a treat out of my hand. He was always in motion. Mimi and I had always been big dog people, but we rescued this little toy poodle, when his previous owners decided they simply didn't want two dogs (they had a teacup poodle as well... a yappie little rat) He's been with us 14 years now, but he stole our hearts right from the beginning. He's still very loving, and even playful (in short bursts), and still has reasonable health, but we know he won't last long. We'll miss him a lot, but I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH @ f2:

Go toward the light, old friend. It's ok. We'll be ok... and thank you.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Lloyd

Aw man that just brought tears to my eyes. The best thing to do is get another as soon as you can so Spike can get past the grieving processes.

Know what you're feeling we had a Rotty for 14 years and a mutt from Living Free (no kill) in Hemet CA for 13 years. We miss them both to this day.

Thanks for sharing

Don

My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... ...... I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.
A very moving tribute to a beloved family member, Lloyd!

About helping his little friend, I have to share some advice a dog owner I know got in a similar situation: let the young dog be present and actually see for himself how his friend passes away, whether it happens at home or at the vet´s! It might sound cruel, but he´ll understand exactly what happens, and be able to live it down. If he isn´t there, he´ll search and wait for his friend for a long time (as it was for Fredde, our present dog when Felix, his older companion, had to be put away. He searched for almost a year...).

To get it back to images: this is Snuffan, a 13 yo American cocker that we meet almost daily. A lovely lady who still walks a lot, although she´s lost more than half her teeth by now. The whole neighbourhood will mourn when her time is up....

(It´s a Digilux 2 shot, but I feel it´s appropriate in this context).

Lloyd

Lloyd

Aw man that just brought tears to my eyes. The best thing to do is get another as soon as you can so Spike can get past the grieving processes.

Know what you're feeling we had a Rotty for 14 years and a mutt from Living Free (no kill) in Hemet CA for 13 years. We miss them both to this day.

Thanks for sharing

Don
Thank you Don. And thanks for the suggestion. That's one we're considering.

About helping his little friend, I have to share some advice a dog owner I know got in a similar situation: let the young dog be present and actually see for himself how his friend passes away, whether it happens at home or at the vet´s! It might sound cruel, but he´ll understand exactly what happens, and be able to live it down. If he isn´t there, he´ll search and wait for his friend for a long time (as it was for Fredde, our present dog when Felix, his older companion, had to be put away. He searched for almost a year...).

To get it back to images: this is Snuffan, a 13 yo American cocker that we meet almost daily. A lovely lady who still walks a lot, although she´s lost more than half her teeth by now. The whole neighbourhood will mourn when her time is up....

Thank you Per. I'd never heard or thought of that, but it makes sense.

Nice shot of a lovely lady. Thanks for sharing.

rayyan

My old pal, Pepper. He'll be 15 in about 6 weeks... blind in his left eye, and losing the sight in the right as well. He's almost totally deaf, and his front shoulders are in terrible shape. Sleeps most of the day now, waking to move from one sunny spot to another. He used to be an athletic marvel, able to jump nearly 6 feet in the air to take a treat out of my hand. He was always in motion. Mimi and I had always been big dog people, but we rescued this little toy poodle, when his previous owners decided they simply didn't want two dogs (they had a teacup poodle as well... a yappie little rat) He's been with us 14 years now, but he stole our hearts right from the beginning. He's still very loving, and even playful (in short bursts), and still has reasonable health, but we know he won't last long. We'll miss him a lot, but I'm actually most worried about his little friend there in the background. Spike (a Yorkie) is absolutely devoted to Pepper, rarely leaving his side. How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

Lloyd: Yes sir, a great tribute for a beloved family member. My words shall be inadequate. My feelings I can't put in words.

Take care.

shtarka1

Lloyd, Wonderful, Endearing Shots Of Pepper. She's Lucky To Have All Of You & Spike Too! We Do Love Them Like Our Own Children & Losing Them Is Devastating. I Wish You All The Best & Enjoy Every Moment As I Know You Do...

Wendy Is 16 & Resembles Per's Cocker Snuffen...

Lloyd

Lloyd: Yes sir, a great tribute for a beloved family member. My words shall be inadequate. My feelings I can't put in words.

Take care.
I understand. Much appreciated.

Lloyd, Wonderful, Endearing Shots Of Pepper. She's Lucky To Have All Of You & Spike Too! We Do Love Them Like Our Own Children & Losing Them Is Devastating. I Wish You All The Best & Enjoy Every Moment As I Know You Do...

Wendy Is 16 & Resembles Per's Cocker Snuffen...

Thank you Steve. Wendy is a beauty. Wonderful image.

ashwinrao1

Lloyd, wonderful pics of your wise companion! Our family dog, Annie, a sheltee, died earlier this year at 16 years of age. She is missed every day, so I am touched by Pepper's image here...

ashwinrao1

Lovely pics of close companions above from Per, Lloyd et al...

Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!