The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

rayyan

Lovely pics of close companions above from Per, Lloyd et al...

Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!

Matt, where are you..get over here!! Very well deserved sir. A wonderful photographer, and more importantly an even more wonderful person.

clap::clap::clap:

Ashwin: You my friend have done justice here with brilliant images. I think the first one is one of the best. The superb dof control is awesome.

Thank you both.

shtarka1

Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!

Newton,Avedon,Evans,Bresson & Driscoll....!
Very Proud Of You!!!! Thanks To Ashwin For Being There & Documenting The Works On Display Of Our Talented Friend! :thumbs::salute:

Lloyd

Hey!!! These are great! Thanks for sharing them, and big congrats to you Matt! You handsome devil you!:thumbup:

otumay

Hey!!! These are great! Thanks for sharing them, and big congrats to you Matt! :thumbup:
+1 Matt.

Lloyd, what a moving picture and story. Pepper will move on and come back in a different guise. God knows where we'll be then...

jaapv

Subscriber Member
How to help him deal with the loss? That will be the biggest issue.

M8, 90 Cron pre-ASPH @ f2:

Go toward the light, old friend. It's ok. We'll be ok... and thank you.

A great tribute. Rescued dogs are the best :) Get his mate a puppy from somewhere. Maybe best whilst that lovely old boy is still alive.

jklotz

since we're doing dogs here, this is Cindy, my parents (who swore they'd never own another pet) new dog. Kinda cute, no?

Lloyd

Aw gee, Lloyd. That brought a tear to my eye. Here's to Pepper and his people.
Thanks Maggie.

Lloyd, wonderful pics of your wise companion! Our family dog, Annie, a sheltee, died earlier this year at 16 years of age. She is missed every day, so I am touched by Pepper's image here...
Thank you Ash. Sorry about Annie, I can well imagine she's missed.

A great tribute. Rescued dogs are the best :) Get his mate a puppy from somewhere. Maybe best whilst that lovely old boy is still alive.
Thanks Jaap. That's actually what we're considering right now.

Lloyd, what a moving picture and story. Pepper will move on and come back in a different guise. God knows where we'll be then...
God knows indeed, my friend. Thank you.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

...Tonight, I had the great privilege of attending the opening of our good friend Matt Driscoll, who shared many of his wonderful images. It was great to see and chatt with you, Matt, and your exhibit was OUTSTANDING! Worth reproducing here digitally as a retrospective, I say....anyways, here are as few shots from tonight! CONGRATS to Matt on the great show!
Ashwin: Thank you for coming. Fortunately, i'd had my coffee before i checked this forum. I realized after i got home that the diopter had fallen off my M9, so, some of my photos at the opening were a little blurry. I thought it was eye strain. Thanks for documenting it. I can refer my daughter to your post. That way she'll know that i do something besides work.
Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you and thank you for your assistance.
Rayyan: Thank you and thank you for your inspiring work!

All: Thanks for your posts. This is a great forum to learn from; and, most civilized too. BTW, I'm not quitting my day job.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Ayesha, Could I ask you a personal question: said mrs. Stevenson

Yes, go ahead. Said Ayesha.

You won't mind?. No, of course not., said Ayesha.

Is it true?, asked Mrs. Stevenson. What is true? asked Ayesha.

That they keep their womenfolk locked in their houses? And let them out rarely?

Where is your husband? 4000 mts. down, said Ayesha. Above that he comes with me.

Lloyd

Where is your husband? 4000 mts. down, said Ayesha. Above that he comes with me.
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: That seriously cracks me up!!! (Great shot of Ayesha, btw)

shtarka1

Rich Color & Contrast Rayyan! Very Nice Composition!

Incredible View & Karate Kid Pose By Ayesha!