The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

Something in a different vein, at least for me. Moss on the pier.
M8 with 75'cron.

That's a terrific photo, Osman. Movement, color, composition -- it all gels together. A whole new direction with lots of potential.

DavidE

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

2. M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/500s @ f/2.8; +2/3 EV; ISO 160
Matt, I love these flower shots you've been coming up with over the past few weeks. I don't how you're doing it, but --please-- keep them coming. They're wonderful. The composition and processing are simply amazing.

Lloyd

Wow...out a couple of weeks and not only is there a new thread but so much great work. Much to compliment but just want to say that Ashwin, Osman, Matt (congrats on your showing!), Lloyd and Eleanor....like what you have recently posted. Yours and others are all top notch.

Had a business trip to Canada (too much business and not enough photography time) which resulted in the following images...

Also, thanks to all for your comments on the following image. It was just selected for the Center for Fine Art Photography show entitled "Black and White".

Welcome back, Bishop. Great shots, and wonderful processing. And congrats on the selection, that's richly deserved.

DavidE

Also, thanks to all for your comments on the following image. It was just selected for the Center for Fine Art Photography show entitled "Black and White".

Wow, no wonder it was selected for the show! Must have missed this when you posted it before. Congratulations!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Outstanding stuff! I really like the corner of the upside down boat. And congrats on being selected!

A couple of shots in the style of: "I just had the camera with me so what the hell"

This place doesn't look like much, but the Chinese food is excellent!

And this as I was almost home and crossing the small bridge to my road.

Peter Klein

Wow...out a couple of weeks and not only is there a new thread but so much great work. Much to compliment but just want to say that Ashwin, Osman, Matt (congrats on your showing!), Lloyd and Eleanor....like what you have recently posted. Yours and others are all top notch.

Had a business trip to Canada (too much business and not enough photography time) which resulted in the following images...

Bishop: How can anyone do any business at Lake Louise???! Lovely shots.

--Peter

BishopB

Outstanding stuff! I really like the corner of the upside down boat. And congrats on being selected!

Thank you for your comments. This image is flat out beautiful...great pastel hues. A wonder you did drive off the road when seeing this shot...no doubt a wonderful print!

BishopB

Bishop: How can anyone do any business at Lake Louise???! Lovely shots.

--Peter
Peter -- Hard to believe any group would set a conference for this setting, huh? Not a lot of time but I did make it to Lake Louise as you guessed. Although it was raining lightly, I could not believe the place and my good fortune to find this gentleman sitting there reading the paper under his umbrella. Not the classic view from the lake but one that is special to me. Hope to get back again in the future.

Lloyd & David -- Thanks for your comments as well!

Peter Klein

M8 and the Nokton Classic 35/1.4:

Sunset, June 8th, 2010

b]Storm, June 17, 2010[/b]

(this one is with the CV 21 Color Skopar)

Lightshaft, June 19, 2010

Eastern Lightshaft, June 19, 2010

Virga, June, 2010
Maggie: WOW, WOW, WOW! What you miss in geography in Nebraska, you sure make up for in meteorology. Well seen, well caught, beautiful!

--Peter

m_driscoll

I have to say, Matt. You're getting some impressive results with this camera/lens combo. And as for the first shot... well, I've had the same reaction to a price tag... holding my stomach and gasping for breath. :D
Lloyd: Thank you sir. :D This lens draws in a different way then the 90mm f/2. not as sharp; but unique.

I don't know the name of the building Matt. Next time I'll look to see if it has a name. It is bordered by a bank on the east and the Houston City Club (think that's the name) on the south...it's just north of Highway 59 which runs through the city and is in Greenway Plaza. That's all the info I have about it but the glass is wavy and made to reflect in an interesting way! eleanor
Eleanor: Thanks. I want to look it up and see who made the curtain wall system. Office buildings usually don't look like the fun factory!

Bishop: Thank you and congratulations on your selection. I remember that stunning photo. Looks like you went to Banff. Great composition and pp on these photos. :thumbup:

Matt, I love these flower shots you've been coming up with over the past few weeks. I don't how you're doing it, but --please-- keep them coming. They're wonderful. The composition and processing are simply amazing.
David: Thank you, sir. :D I look at the great flower shots posted here and have to try.

A couple of shots in the style of: "I just had the camera with me so what the hell"
This place doesn't look like much, but the Chinese food is excellent!

Tim: Those are often the best shots. I like both of these. The IQ and quality of light and color in both are stunning! :thumbup:

One more from my recent trip...Color even...
Bishop: Great composition. I love the tone and pp.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

jonoslack

So many good things to look at.
Irakly - great to see you here, I hope you stick around - love the monolithic 'monochrome' of the first shot.
Osman - your weedy departure is lovely - as is the huggers on the quay
Kurt - congratulations on your new puppy - looks like trouble.
Maggie - splendid to see you here as well - love Maggie Grins - and the last sky shot - the interaction between the clouds and the building/chimney are after my own heart.
Stephane - the sunset drink is the one - but with a subject like that :p
Eleanor - the reflection shots are killer (I prefer the black and white)
Matt - love the old guy with the fag especially - and the bartering ladies too.
Daniel - more splendid seascapes - I like the landscape one best
Bishop - lovely toned black and white - I like the umbrella and the last one the best.
Terry - that lake looks so peaceful - tell me there are no mosquitoes!

Hooray!

jonoslack

Hi There
Here is a little low key rural life:

Barrow hosepipe and chair
M9 new 35 'lux at f8:

Borage (where's the Pimms)
M9 75 'cron at f2.8

I still don't understand why anybody can refer to this lens as 'clinical', it presses my button every time I use it.

Last edited:

otumay

Thank you Jono, and lovely shots, especially the last one. I totally agree with you; 75'cron is not clinical, it's a sweetie...