The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

These are really nice Matt. I love the way that 24 lux draws, and you've used it wonderfully here. Also, the color is amazing, just pops off the screen.
Lloyd: Thank you. :D I need to take it out more.

In honor of Nitro and his portrait, I'll put in one of my favorite shots of one of my pups (Pete)
(yeah, it's a little weird for a pet portrait but I'm funny that way).
Leica M8, Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 SC, Nik Silver Efex
Mathomas: Unusual coloring for a dog. Unusual viewpoint, also. What breed(s) is it?

Nice color,comp & Fantastic 24 IQ Matt!
Steve: Thank you! (insert smile here)

A final post from Ecuador.
Woody: Great Images. You've really communicated a sense of diversity and contrast. :thumbup:

Some HEAVY processing (lightroom 3 has some fun presets) and one lucky catch when I was petting my dog on a walk I heard a bird tweet and turned around to see this little guy.
Daniel: Be careful! It's easy to get drawn into the Dark Side by those presets. You'll then find all of your computer time used by searching for, and downloading ,more free presets! We'll have lost you! :LOL: Seriously, nice photos. I like the composition of the bird photo. The spikes didn't work very well, though.

Beautiful!!!
sjg284: +1, Very careful focus. :thumbup:

"You Can Leave Your Hat On"....

Momma:)
Steve: Great moment and look! Not an appropriate quote for a public place, though! :ROTFL:

m_driscoll

Studies in red. M8 with 35'cron.
Osman: Very nice! Lot's of red. #1has a strong focus to the right with the triangular group and the long cast shadows. The woman with the baby seems uncomfortable, #2 with the unused ticket booths is very well framed. simple planes of materials, three booths and the cat walking through. Couldn't have planned it better!
#4 has the strong diagonal at the font of the steps that almost divides the photo in two. The groupings of people are located to reinforce this angle and the diminishing perspective. The light on the paving in front of the people enlivens the photo .

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Matt: Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my photographs.

I admit that I'm rather a lazy shooter acting more on instincts, but over the years came to understand the importance of analysis and appreciation in visual arts and crafts.

This forum has dramatically changed the way I look at photography and photographers, and for this I'm humbly thankful to you all:salute:

thrice

Two shots from sunset in the stormy conditions we had today. I really need to use my pano head when I take these sorts of shots, had very little success stitching these shots. First shot is 9mm EFOV (36 megapixel with 18mm Distagon) and second shot is a single picture with the 50mm C-Sonnar at f/8 underexposed to control the sun then pushed in post.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I have always liked images of historic mining areas...old rusted "stuff"/old rotting wood, etc etc. Nice work. Colorado is filled with areas similar to this one...hope i get a chance to photograph some this summer and fall. Eleanor
Thanks Eleanor. I'm looking forward to exploring and photographing some more places around here. There are many.

on the subject of bokehrific head&shoulder shots-
m8 & nokton50/1.5
Excellent!

"You Can Leave Your Hat On"....

Momma:)
Great shot... hot Momma!

Studies in red. M8 with 35'cron.

Great stuff Osman. Great idea, and excellent execution. I really like thematic series like this.

Two shots from sunset in the stormy conditions we had today. I really need to use my pano head when I take these sorts of shots, had very little success stitching these shots. First shot is 9mm EFOV (36 megapixel with 18mm Distagon) and second shot is a single picture with the 50mm C-Sonnar at f/8 underexposed to control the sun then pushed in post.

Flat amazing Daniel. Great shots above as well. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Matt: Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my photographs.

I admit that I'm rather a lazy shooter acting more on instincts, but over the years came to understand the importance of analysis and appreciation in visual arts and crafts.

This forum has dramatically changed the way I look at photography and photographers, and for this I'm humbly thankful to you all:salute:
Osman: From what, we've seen, your instincts are very good! :salute: I sort of over-analyze in hindsight. I try to figure out what I liked about my, and other's, photos. My hope is that I'll internalize it and subliminally repeat the behavior.:lecture::LOL:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Daniel: Thanks for posting. I'm looking for an obvious "stitching" problem in the 1st without success? Maybe a little exposure difference between left and right? Probably just the sun. Anyway, nice work!. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Braeside

Osman: lovely rich colours, the gold head scarf in #1 just great.

Something a bit less colourful from yesterday:

mathomas

Lloyd: Thank you. :D I need to take it out more.

Mathomas: Unusual coloring for a dog. Unusual viewpoint, also. What breed(s) is it?

Matt -- he's a cross between an Australian Cattle Dog and a Rat Terrier (we think). He basically looks like a tiny ACD and is just a little bit crazy. He's a cool pup, though.