The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

I've long since changed to using Daylight white balance in daylight - it gives me a real understanding of how the camera deals with colour, and, of course, if necessary it's easy to do a batch change to a number of images at once. Recently, I was doing some Auto White Balance testing for someone else, and it simply reminded me of how messy things can become, especially in mixed light and shade.

right . . . set soapbox off :)
I'm with you here, Jono. I leave my white balance on Daylight probably 90% of the time. I find I get much more consistent results, and it's easy to change the few shots that miss in Lightroom. More like using film.

Thanks for sharing the soapbox. :)

jonoslack

An 18mm Distagon on M9 shot.
Hi There Daniel
that's completely fab . . . but I think you have a bad case of 'red edge' :ROTFL:

incidentally, two questions:

1. how is the colour shift with the 18 distagon
2. what sort of filters are you using with the M9?

all the best

thrice

1. how is the colour shift with the 18 distagon
2. what sort of filters are you using with the M9?
Hi Jono,

1. It is noticeable, I have to use the WATE correction because those are the framelines my lens brings up. cornerfix takes care of it perfectly.
2. Lee RF75 system with a 3 stop Lee ND grad. I also use the glass out of a 77mm B+W MRC linear pol (fits into the slot) but not with something as wide as the 18mm. I have two Singh-Ray ND grad filters custom-cut to fit the RF75 on their way.

All the best :)

otumay

As are your responses Osman . . . as for the cold, I'm the man who swims in the North Atlantic in February and breaks the ice on the garden pond in the winter for a dip . . . . .but you could be right:ROTFL:
I see, Jono. The only ice that I may perhaps be able to break is at the parties:rolleyes:
18C is my lowest temperature limit of pleasure in water...

panda81

here is another of someone much cooler than me!
M9 50 'lux
wow, so...smooth and hip! like steve said, very james dean! :thumbup:

Steve, Lloyd, Osman
Thanks for the kind words

Not everything is cool at festivals . . . especially when you've been eating that chillie sauce:

M9, 50 'lux (it's tough to focus when you're holding your nose!)
:ROTFL:

An 18mm Distagon on M9 shot.
another great shot daniel, you never disappoint with the M9 + Zeiss 18mm combo!