The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Wonderful shots Matt - the poppies in particular are fabulous. I want to go there!
Jono: Thank you, sir. Actually, i want to go where you are! :D BTW, informative response to Arjuna. :salute:

Pretty shots,place & Hendrix theme! "Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky"!:)
Steve: Thanks! I totally missed that analogy in the second photo. Probably because I had "purple haze all in my brain". :LOL:

I'm with the guys here, Matt. Very nice... esp. the poppies. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thank you! :D

Matt, this is one of the best 24 lux shots I have ever seen. Amazing colors and very appropriate use of DOF. Lovely. No other lens could have done this in the way that Leica renders. You make that lens sing!
Ashwin: Thanks! You're making me blush. :eek:

m_driscoll

An 18mm Distagon on M9 shot.
Daniel: Great landscape! The exceptional quality of your beachscapes is certainly carried through here. :thumbup:

Just found this from a week or do back:
Hollyhocks

M9, 75 'cron at f2
Jono: Hollyhocks are so beautiful, it's hard to take a bad photo. This one's exceptional with the background, DOF control, and pastels. :salute:

M9, Noctilux 50mm f/0.95 @ f1.4, Cropped.
Mohammed: Nicely photographed and cropped. The flower pushed to the top and the stem to the right makes makes a very pleasing composition. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

thrice

Thankyou Jerry, Mohammed, Matt and Steve :)

Ashwin, those shots have a very film-like look, could be the grain? I like it.

proenca

Honestly... I'm falling in love with the M9.

The colours are VERY film like and the files are very film like.

I'm using it a lot and the resolution of the images are REALLY making me jumping out of my screen : its my little MF landscape machine :)

All images taken with a WATE ( 16-18-21 ) and no filters whatsoever ( no HDR as well, just a beautifull natural scenery ) :

oh yes, clean my sensor I must :)

ShiroKuro

M8 21 SA
The colors look amazing ... I like Osman's style ..the dark colors and the texture of Ashwin's photos ... and the rest of the images here are just stunning .. the landscapes and flowers are incredible ...

Last edited:

jonoslack

Lloyd, Osman, Steve, Matt, Ashwin thanks for the kind words on the Hollyhocks - as you say, hard to take a bad shot!
Jerry - glad you liked cool Simeon and the loos . . .
Mike - I guess we're all capable of judging a girl in a minskirt and wellies. . . .they do look dangerous though don't they!

Mohammed - the daisy and bee with the Noctilux are lovely you seem to have exactly the opposite composition from my hollihocks :) so it's very fine :)

Matt - you only think you want to be where I am - it's only my consummate photography that makes it look so good :ROTFL:

Ashwin - summer days - lovely shots - it reminds me of when the entire family used to decamp to cornwall for the 6 week school holidays - surfing beaches every afternoon (at least, it seems like it in my memory, but Cornish summers being what they are that meant 6 sunny days in 6 weeks!).

These days they'd rather go surfing (or to Cornwall) without us oldies . . . . skiing is completely different however (something to do with daddies credit card :eek:)

Proenca - isn't it just a great camera for landscapes - lovely shots

ShiroKuro - that moody black and white flower shot is splendid - love it.

all the best

Outstanding, Mohammed!
Mohammed: Nicely photographed and cropped. The flower pushed to the top and the stem to the right makes makes a very pleasing composition. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Mohammed, these guys know good photography when they see it, and I agree with them 100%! Super shot! :salute:[/QUOTE]

Mohammed - the daisy and bee with the Noctilux are lovely you seem to have exactly the opposite composition from my hollihocks :) so it's very fine :)

all the best
Ashwin, Lloyd, Matt and Jono: I really appreciate these very kind words. Thats what keep me do my best to improve.

Thank you Gentlemen

ashwinrao1

Charles, I absolutely love what you are doing with your B&W conversions. They suit the setting very well! Even the grafitti image, which I normally would have preferred in color, is outstanding with your powerful conversion.

Proenca, great landscape work. The M9 is outstanding for this as well.

Lloyd

Proenca and ShiroKuro: Loved your posts. ShiroKuro, your b/w pp is magnificent!
Charles, I absolutely love what you are doing with your B&W conversions. They suit the setting very well! Even the grafitti image, which I normally would have preferred in color, is outstanding with your powerful conversion.

Proenca, great landscape work. The M9 is outstanding for this as well.
Add my vote to those above... for both. :thumbs:

shtarka1

H
All images taken with a WATE ( 16-18-21 ) and no filters whatsoever ( no HDR as well, just a beautifull natural scenery ) :

[

M8 21 SA
The colors look amazing ... I like Osman's style ..the dark colors and the texture of Ashwin's photos ... and the rest of the images here are just stunning .. the landscapes and flowers are incredible ...
Outstanding Display Guy's!

panda81

Some from Sunny San Diego....ah the glorious beach!
Ooooo, I'm so jealous!! Which beach was this? Great job dealing with the lighting and exposure too, the SD sun can get really bright!

all great photos, but the exposure and lighting in this one is just beautiful!

M8 21 SA
all great photos here...i said it before, but i'll say it again, i really like how you make your b&w conversions!

proenca

jono great photos as usual from the Fuji days :)

Daniel - great sunset, that photo really made my think "damn, whish it was me taking that :) "

ShiroKuro - fantastic black and white processing ! lovely photos :)

Jono, Otumay, AshwinRao, Lloyd, Steve and Jerry : thanks for your kind comments .) Btw Jerry, the waterfall & wife picture was though to take : first because it took almost 1 hour and half trekking to get there and second because it is a 1 sec exposure…. which is though to take a few 1second exposures getting the wife to be standing still when both of us are exhausted :)