The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Maggie O

WOW! A whiff of good old home....:thumbup: An excellent still life, too, with beautiful light.

And I had a very good time reading your blog entry about it!

But, I must tell you that the ONE and TRUE stuffing for a Swedish tunnbrödsrulle is onions, potaties and - surströmming!

Surströmming is fermented herring; it´s made in a similar way to sauerkraut, but it smells 10 times more.

So, after that one needs long lenses....:ROTFL:
As long as it's not Lutefisk, I'm probably OK with it! :ROTFL:

Thanks for the kind words!

shtarka1

I was trying to figure out how to go back and comment on all the great stuff that's appeared just today. But it's late and I'm lazy. Wicked good shots. Especially like Thrice's portrait.

One from this afternoon.

Nice Color,Comp & Angst Caught!:)

DavidE

Ran some of my Leica photos through an iPad kaleidoscope app (Annamika is the name of the app). The app creates a kaleidoscope-like animation, and you can grab a screenshot anytime it looks interesting.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

1. David, very cool Kaleidescopes

2. Maggie, lovely reflections in your most recent post!

3. Matt, love your black and white tonight and the stark contrast of your image.

4. Woody, lovely black and white tones. Was the image an golden hour shot? I love the use of light in your image.

5. Tim, great stuff on the elephant. I was laughing out loud at the caption that accompanied the pic as well.

ashwinrao1

hahah...funny what one doesn't notice. Yup, a bit of dodge, but with that Cali Sun, you never know how much of that radiation was thrown into her enamel ;)

m_driscoll

Matt - Thanks. Some luck involved. I've been pushing this theme/technique in my daily work, with more or less success. See the entries for July 15, July 20 and July 25, and the entire Ecuador gallery, on my website.
Woody: I looked at those blog photos and your Ecuador Gallery. When you look at them, right after one another; it's easy to see this consistent "theme/technique". With skill, patience (the hardest thing), and a maybe a little "luck", you've created some excellent photos. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Tunnbrödsrulle, Stockholm, October, 2007

M8, 35/1.7 Ultron, .JPG out of the camera, tweaked to B&W in LightZone.
It's also the featured photo on my blog today.
WOW! A whiff of good old home....:thumbup: An excellent still life, too, with beautiful light.
And I had a very good time reading your blog entry about it!
But, I must tell you that the ONE and TRUE stuffing for a Swedish tunnbrödsrulle is onions, potaties and - surströmming!
Surströmming is fermented herring; it´s made in a similar way to sauerkraut, but it smells 10 times more.
So, after that one needs long lenses....:ROTFL:
As long as it's not Lutefisk, I'm probably OK with it! :ROTFL:
Thanks for the kind words!
Maggie: +1, great still life! Your description on your blog is also very interesting. Nice blog, btw. Joycean with more punctuation. :thumbup:
You don't like lutefisk? My Norwegian-American friends make a version with Purex bleach that's a little more palatable. :LOL:

Per: I like herring; but, the "fermented" part doesn't sound good. :eek:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Tim, Matt, Maggie: Superb shots!
Could have been going after the toes too!:D Nice Grab Matt!
Cool lines,shadows & contrast!
Thanks to everyone for your kind words...
3. Matt, love your black and white tonight and the stark contrast of your image...
Osman/Steve/Ashwin: Thank you, gentlemen! :D Probably wouldn't notice if that hound started nibbling on your toes. :LOL:

Ran some of my Leica photos through an iPad kaleidoscope app (Annamika is the name of the app). The app creates a kaleidoscope-like animation, and you can grab a screenshot anytime it looks interesting.
Those are trippy and cool, David!
David: +1, very trippy! Probably induce flashbacks. :salute: An iPad is on it's way from Shenzen to be delivered to me on Monday. I'll have to check the app out.

Cheers, Matt

otumay

We had left the Küre Mountains National Park behind, and after a few hours' drive north reached İnebolu, a cozy little town on the Black Sea coast. Although I was tired, I just couldn't resist the urge to run to the beach. The sun had already set, but a beautiful reddish hue lingered:

The restaurant awaited us with promises of freshly caught fish fried in corn flour, the way they always do up here. My steps hastened:

There it was! Tables set against a remarkable backdrop of the sea, with the sound of waves gently rolling in. In a few minutes, the waiters would serve chilled rakı, without which no self-respecting fish-lover here would touch his plate.

Drinks and laughter flowed easily. On the way back, I attempted to take a shot or two, but somehow couldn't keep the camera steady. Is rakı to blame?
I dunno...

(Lovingly and tipsily shot with M8 and 28 'cron)

Thanks for looking,

Osman

Let´s call it an "acquired taste"....

Personally I love it (and so does my dog); my wife and kids can´t stand it.

Regrettably, it´s not exactly photogenic, so although I have a mature tin in the fridge, it won´t hold a candle to Maggie´s beautiful image...

And I must say, Osman´s fishy feast is mouth-watering, too...

Maggie O

Maggie: +1, great still life! Your description on your blog is also very interesting. Nice blog, btw. Joycean with more punctuation. :thumbup:
You don't like lutefisk? My Norwegian-American friends make a version with Purex bleach that's a little more palatable. :LOL:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks, Matt! No, can't say I like Lutefisk. :bugeyes: Sorry, that happens every time I think about it! Now, ostakaka, that is GOOD! :D