The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

From Today's Seafair Torchlight Parade...All with M9 and Noct f/0.95 (the lens that shall not be named, according to my friend who wants it but then doesn't at the same time...hahah)

Military in States Colors

Our Mayor must be a "Dukes of Hazzard" Fan

An Animated Conversation

Elegant and Exotic

Breaking the Board
Ash...that comment could be directed towards maybe 2 of us!:D Fantastic set!

Maggie O

A trip to Governor's Island

M8 & VC 15/4.5

M8 & VC 50/1.5

M8 & VC 50/1.5
I think these are some fantastic photographs. Very strong graphic elements of geometry, light and color (or tones). They all have a sense of contemplation, thoughtfulness and salt air. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

f 10

so many great pictures - :thumbs: to everyone

M8 Noctilux & Cron 28mm

Last edited:

Lloyd

Yesterday's post: "She who must be obeyed". See my website for details.
Well seen, and thanks for the info Woody. Rumpole is, of course, not the only barrister with one of those! ;)

Gonçalo, these are marvels! Thank you for sharing them.
Osman
+1. Great shots.

Another photo of my favorite wall. Couldn't pass up the light. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 28mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 80

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
This is awesome Matt. Really love it. Not sure why in particular, but definitely the case. :thumbup:

esy0345

That was such a great idea. Did the tree grow that is in the second shot or was it planted since? (since it is not at the exact same place.)
Was it shot on Kodachrome Lloyd? (The original not the new shot).
I love the old photo, odd that only 1 photo was taken on that day.
Sixty years ago last week, my parents were married. Oddly, there was only one photograph taken of them that day (below on the left). It was taken with my Father's Leica IIIc (5cm f2 Summitar lens). On their 60th Anniversary, I took them to the same place (well, as close as I could get, the gardens have been expanded, so we're about 50 feet off), and took this image with my M8, and the 35 Cron ASPH. The wind was blowing on their wedding day, and my mother reached up to keep her hat on her head as the shot was taken. She wanted to pose the same for the shot I took.

(BTW, I have the camera the original was taken with, and took a shot of them with it as well. Just haven't had a chance to process the film yet.)

Lloyd

From Today's Seafair Torchlight Parade...All with M9 and Noct f/0.95 (the lens that shall not be named, according to my friend who wants it but then doesn't at the same time...hahah)

Elegant and Exotic
Yet another amazing set, Ashwin. Truly.

And a few very late night shots, with the M9/f0.95

Great group of shots, LOVE this one.

Happy camper? I think so... (taken with the M9 and Zeiss Biogon-C 35 mm f/2.8...)

And another reason I haven't been posting so much recently...

Good for you!!! You do look happy... and hey, easy to see why! :D She has very kind eyes. That's a good thing!!:thumbup:

Lloyd

That was such a great idea. Did the tree grow that is in the second shot or was it planted since? (since it is not at the exact same place.)
Thank you! It was fun to do. I'm just sad about the film shot I did, it did not come out. As for the tree, well, I wasn't there for the first one, so I'm not exactly sure. :D, But I'm pretty confident it's new since then. The gardens have been redesigned several times over the intervening years, I'm told.

m_driscoll

m_driscoll

Our Mayor must be a "Dukes of Hazzard" Fan

Elegant and Exotic
And a few very late night shots, with the M9/f0.95

Happy camper? I think so... (taken with the M9 and Zeiss Biogon-C 35 mm f/2.8...)

And another reason I haven't been posting so much recently...
Ashwin: Great stuff! We haven't gone down to that parade in years. Hate to say it, but, our Mayor is a character from the Dukes of Hazzard! You've obviously been busy and having fun. Excellent IQ and pp (diverse), as always. Nice smiles on both of you. Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Walking through the FDR Memorial sculpture gardens this morning, I spotted this lady's hat on FDR - obviously left by a Republican tourist.
aboudd: Nice capture! :salute:

I think these are some fantastic photographs. Very strong graphic elements of geometry, light and color (or tones). They all have a sense of contemplation, thoughtfulness and salt air. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
sjg284: +1, just what Maggie said. :thumbup:

Another eclectic mix :)
M8 / Nokton 50mm f1.5 or Ultron 35mm f1.7:

Regards
Mike
Mike: Very nice, disparate, set! The last four made me smile. The first is beautiful. The second one, above, is excellent: pp, tonality, IQ, composition. I like it's visual complexity, and simplicity of subject. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.