The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

proenca

Yesterday's post. M9 + 50mm lux:
Great picture Woody - lovely light, classic image

Gonçalo, these are marvels! Thank you for sharing them.
Osman
Thanks Otumay ! :)

Beautiful work!
Cheers Steve !

Nice shots Woody, Matt and Mr. G.
Thanks !

Gonçalo: +1, very beautiful. The light and IQ in the second is exceptional. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.
Thank you Matt :salute:

Another photo of my favorite wall. Couldn't pass up the light. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 28mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/2.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 80

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
And Matt, by the way, great capture ! Love it´

Outstanding capture, Goncalo!
thanks Ashwin !

sjg284

proenca- Great captures, very consistent look.. even the color

mike - Love the walking on water one, almost a modern version of this - HCB

maggie,lloyd,esy0345 - thanks

Mike Woods

Eclectic and wonderful. Great stuff, Mike.
Thank you Lloyd.

Mike: Very nice, disparate, set! The last four made me smile. The first is beautiful. The second one, above, is excellent: pp, tonality, IQ, composition. I like it's visual complexity, and simplicity of subject. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

Thanks Matt, glad they made you smile.

Superb set Mike!
Steve, you're very generous. Thank you.

mike - Love the walking on water one, almost a modern version of this - HCB
Thanks Steve, the 'walking on water' image was my favourite from the day.

Best wishes

Mike

Don Libby

I decided to return to the White Mountains were I shot the cabin and shed a couple weeks ago. These were all shot with the 35mm; meadow was actually shot on a tripod.

Lloyd

The guy stretching,massaging his arm is serious about his game! I like this angle as well! The clams & mussels look so fresh & delicious! Nice Shooting El Pistelero!:)
+1 on each. Love the intensity of the player in the chess match.:thumbup::thumbup:

m_driscoll

M8u + Nocti f1.0
boymerang: All four are great. Great use of DOF. I just like the look you caught here. :thumbup:

...Thank you Matt :salute: And Matt, by the way, great capture ! Love it´
Goncalo: Thank you, sir. :D

The guy stretching,massaging his arm is serious about his game! I like this angle as well! The clams & mussels look so fresh & delicious! Nice Shooting El Pistelero!:)
+1 on each. Love the intensity of the player in the chess match.:thumbup::thumbup:
Gentlemen: Thank you! :D

I decided to return to the White Mountains were I shot the cabin and shed a couple weeks ago. These were all shot with the 35mm; meadow was actually shot on a tripod.
Don: I think they're both excellent. I esp. like the greater sense of depth in the second one. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Arjuna

Belated, but grateful thanks to Matt for his kind encouragement,
and also to Jono, for his suggestions: I remember your trials with the Nikon, and the discovery of using daylight balance as a default, which seems very sensible - I will experiment with it with my M8 - when I use AWB with it, in ACR I often prefer 'as shot' to 'daylight', but I will try daylight some more. I certainly agree with the desire for a simpler processing regime. I also seem to remember that one of your issues with the Nikon was with greens, and that is where I seem to struggle with colour balance the most. I think some practice with a grey card may be in order - perhaps it is my eyes that need the training.
As this is an image thread, here are some greens from the Nitobe Memorial Japanese Garden at UBC in Vancouver:

m_driscoll

Belated, but grateful thanks to Matt for his kind encouragement,
and also to Jono, for his suggestions: I remember your trials with the Nikon, and the discovery of using daylight balance as a default, which seems very sensible - I will experiment with it with my M8 - when I use AWB with it, in ACR I often prefer 'as shot' to 'daylight', but I will try daylight some more. I certainly agree with the desire for a simpler processing regime. I also seem to remember that one of your issues with the Nikon was with greens, and that is where I seem to struggle with colour balance the most. I think some practice with a grey card may be in order - perhaps it is my eyes that need the training.
As this is an image thread, here are some greens from the Nitobe Memorial Japanese Garden at UBC in Vancouver:
Arjuna: Nice image. The greens look quite natural too me. The path, bridge and cedar tree(?) look like they should (maybe a slight bit of green in the highlights on the path). A PNW forest with many variations of "greens" is a challenge. Nothing appears over-saturated. Nicely done. Cheers, Matt.