The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Don Libby

Thank-you all for the kind words and comments on the latest images. It appears that everyone cares more for the meadow shot rather than the trees. While I like both by personal preference was the trees however I can see how the meadow shot is better.

I still have some catching up to do and want to visit the past several pages here to see more excellent photography.

Don

Don Libby

UNCLE!!!! I tried to go back and catch up with what's been posted over the past couple of days while I've been gone, but it's hopeless! Ashwin, Matt, Osman, Per, Nick, Tim, Maggie, Woody, David, Mike Woods, Steve, Daniel... and anyone else I may have inadvertently left out. Magic stuff. It's such a treat to be able to come here and be so consistently inspired. Thanks everyone!
I know exactly how you feel! I seen images from around the world and so many different subjects, giant chess players, chicken pluckers, water cascades, folks eating dinner, city scapes and landscapes - great images all and I truly feel blessed to not only have seen them but to be in the company of those who wish to share as well.

Thank you all for sharing your time and talents.

Don

panda81

I know exactly how you feel! I seen images from around the world and so many different subjects, giant chess players, chicken pluckers, water cascades, folks eating dinner, city scapes and landscapes - great images all and I truly feel blessed to not only have seen them but to be in the company of those who wish to share as well.

Thank you all for sharing your time and talents.

Don
how funny! i came in to share a recent photo, but i feel so terrible because i haven't been able to respond and compliment the HUGE plethora of awesome photos in the last couple of days. (work has been so busy lately :( ) i was trying to think of how to write it...and here is lloyd and don expressing exactly how i feel. everyone, GREAT photos you have all shared, thank you for taking the time to post them here and letting us enjoy and learn from each other!

anyway, the single photo i have to share...

mjm6

Thrice,

You clearly have an affinity for evening images, and it seem that you have mastered the practice with the really excellent long exposures you have shown recently. Most excellent!

---Michael

thrice

Thankyou Michael, and thankyou Lloyd :)
I do like my Zeiss' but I wish I could afford more Leicas, I'm lusting after a 75 apo these days. I used to shoot Leica-R lenses exclusively on my 5D, and the 19mm Elmarit-R is a fantastic lens.

D

doublep

OK, I thought I'd participate too, instead of just enjoying everyone else's photos ! Still have a lot to learn, so please be gentle !

Taken with M9 and 35mm Biogon-C f2.8

Last edited:

Lloyd

OK, I thought I'd participate too, instead of just enjoying everyone else's photos ! Still have a lot to learn, so please be gentle !

Taken with M9 and 35mm Biogon-C f2.8
That's a beauty, and somewhere I've always wanted to go.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum. Let's see more!

m_driscoll

So many great images ...
Here a few from the past couple of days
M8 / 35 summicron IV
Shiro: Great B&W images. I really like this one, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at? The composition and the blurred movement are very dynamic and graphic. :thumbup:

35 C-Biogon M9
Daniel: Another spectacular image! Perfect exposure. :thumbs:

how funny! i came in to share a recent photo, but i feel so terrible because i haven't been able to respond and compliment the HUGE plethora of awesome photos in the last couple of days. (work has been so busy lately :( ) i was trying to think of how to write it...and here is lloyd and don expressing exactly how i feel. everyone, GREAT photos you have all shared, thank you for taking the time to post them here and letting us enjoy and learn from each other!

anyway, the single photo i have to share...

Jerry: Striking photo with the expanse of white space, the reflections, and the moving children. :salute:

OK, I thought I'd participate too, instead of just enjoying everyone else's photos ! Still have a lot to learn, so please be gentle ! Taken with M9 and 35mm Biogon-C f2.8
doublep: Beautiful landscape. Like Lloyd, it's a place i've always wanted to go. I like the pp and the composition. The proportions of the two foreground and two background elements work very well. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

etrigan63

Interesting clouds today. Touched up with Topaz Adjust.

And a B&W of the lounge chairs

All shots:
Leica M8 Classic
CV 35mm f/1.4 Nokton @ f/8
1/2000s
RAW + LR3 + PS-CS5 + Topaz Adjust 4/DeNoise 5 except for B&W JPEG.

etrigan63

Interesting clouds today. Touched up with Topaz Adjust.

And a B&W of the lounge chairs

All shots:
Leica M8 Classic
CV 35mm f/1.4 Nokton @ f/8
1/2000s
RAW + LR3 + PS-CS5 + Topaz Adjust 4/DeNoise 5 except for B&W JPEG.