The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

esy0345

Ashwin: That ferry looks pretty empty. Mid-week? All three are great, but this one really captures the slight sterility, cleanliness, polished, light on the water sense of the WA State Ferries. Giant buses in a wonderful setting.

The Ice Caves collapse was a real tragedy (for those who don't know about it that cave collapsed and buried a little girl; rescue took too long). On that happy note, the last photo's great. Beautiful composition and pp. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Ashwin - I like these two, also. The fallen log pic is perfect.
Matt- thanks. I love using the 50mm F1.0 Noctilux
Lloyd - thanks.
Woody - nice use of the 24mm on the beach foam. Almost like one is right there.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Beautiful portrait and great catch of the rainbow and the flag. Excellent color. Mimi always has a perfect smile (not faux-perfect, just perfect). Cheers, Matt.
Thank you Matt, on both counts. (BTW, that last comment is most appreciated, and elicited a great blush from Mimi.:thumbup:)

Lloyd

Been a busy.. month. Not to much up this weekend, took it easy and off on a short trip across the Hudson.

Always struck by the classic lines of the building outside my window.
Taken while sipping my morning (relatively speaking 11:30am is still morning) coffee.

Was one of those perfect summer August days.. can really feel the season starting to wind down. Don't normally take a lot of these, but the sky really caught my eye today.

Had a walk along the Hudson on the NJ side .. a bit of a change of pace.
Seems to be a colony of strays below a nail salon in the back of a shopping center.
They seemed to be cared for.. toys, water, food. Wife would have preferred we take them all home !

I will hopefully have something interesting to show in a few weeks. I have a short trip to Mumbai coming up.
Very nice shots, Steve. I especially like the b/w conversion on the first one. Looking forward to images from Mumbai.

Flowers at the Pike Place Market from a couple of days ago. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.
Gorgeous shots Matt. Truly.

Terrific series of shots Woody. This one, and the other from the beach are simply breathtaking.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I think this might be the hotline to the Mothership. I'm sworn to secrecy as to location, all I can tell you is that it's somewhere in Boston. Alas, I don't know the special number to dial. Anybody?

Lloyd

I think this might be the hotline to the Mothership. I'm sworn to secrecy as to location, all I can tell you is that it's somewhere in Boston. Alas, I don't know the special number to dial. Anybody?
LOL. Very cleverly disguised. Nicely captured. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Thank you so much, Matt. I love wooden houses, especially when they are very old. Inebolu has got only 350 of them left with their particular architecture and they are not very efficiently protected if you ask me.
Osman: Thanks for the response. That's too bad. I guess compared to the ancient treasures all over your country, they're probably a bit insignificant.

Pretty Pair Matt!
Steve: Thank you, my friend! :D

Matt- Thanks. I took some shots on my walk of flowers that did not come out nearly as good as yours. That Noctilux is smooth. Nice color and composition.
sjg284: Thank you. :D The Nocti does have a distinctly smooth rendering.

Thank you Matt, on both counts. (BTW, that last comment is most appreciated, and elicited a great blush from Mimi.:thumbup:)
...Gorgeous shots Matt. Truly.
Lloyd: You're welcome, and the comment's true based on your photos. Also, thanks for your kind comment. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com