The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

mathomas

Very nice. Took me a minute to figure out the dots in the sky. :eek:

Hey... Bob is my uncle. :thumbup:
Heh, yeah, 90mm is not really telephoto enough for this sort of shot, I'm afraid. Might have been nice to have my 30D on this particular day.

ashwinrao1

Watching the ferry ship out, San Juan Islands, WA

On the ferry, scenes of activity and inactivity

On top of Mt. Constitution...phew, long bike ride up..but what a view

Mike Woods

gero

Tuesday's post from Sao Paulo. M9 +35mm chron v.IV. 9 files stitched. The resulting file is unimaginably large. I've include a 1:1 crop it's the base of the yellow building at 11 o'clock or so.

Really nice image Woody.

Eventhough I don´t understand why there is so much distortion of the objects (those tanks) I like how it works, it looks more like an axonometric drawing.

Last edited:

otumay

Still in Sinop, we travel further north to reach Inceburun, the northern tip of Turkey. We discover an enchanted place, where the wind and waves sing ceaselessly, and a lonesome lighthouse completes the scene.
M8 + 28mm 'cron

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Really nice image Woody.

Eventhough I don´t understand why there is so much distortion of the objects (those tanks) I like how it works, it looks more like an axonometric drawing.
It's the geometry of wide. This wide you if you use a planar projection the shapes of things are distorted at the edges; if you use a spherical projection the shapes of things are preserved more or less but straight lines are curved.

thrice

Some fun with the 18mm Distagon this morning. Shot with a Singh-Ray Daryl Benson 3-stop reverse ND grad and a B+W Kaesemann Linear Polariser.

shtarka1

A few from our place in Buena Vista, CO, July 4th (I forgot these were on the card!).

PS: an easier way to get static addresses for flickr photos since their latest UI changes (on the Mac, anyway):
- View the photo in "all sizes"
- Right-click and select "Copy Image Address"
- Bob's your uncle
Mike...Outstanding!

shtarka1

Still in Sinop, we travel further north to reach Inceburun, the northern tip of Turkey. We discover an enchanted place, where the wind and waves sing ceaselessly, and a lonesome lighthouse completes the scene.
M8 + 28mm 'cron

Spectacular Views & Captures Osman!