The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Nick: Your Estonian photos are terrific. Images of a small corner of Europe that's usually overlooked. :thumbup:
Stephane: Great granification! Both are very cool. :cool: Did you dodge in... (wrong term unless you're waving your hand over the screen), selectively apply the grain in the first photo? :thumbup:
David: More 24mm goodness! Love the 1st and like the B&W over the color. :salute:
Sig284 (Steve): Nice! Really liked the last one. :thumbup:
Tim: Luau party in Maine! Well seen. The Musician photos are nicely composes and pp'd. I like the color and selective focus in the last bass photo.:thumbup:
Don: Good looking horses. The blurred jumper photo's neat. :salute:
Steve: These are great! My favs are #1 (strong reflection and perspective), #5 (grain and the "Fed Ex" graphic), and #7 (strong vignetting really works here). :thumbs:
Jaap: Both very different and I like them both! :thumbup:
Mike: Nicely seen as usual, but that last one's special! The color and asymmetry are perfect. The photo should fall over to the left, but it doesn't. Delicately balanced, I think by the common subdued tonality and the downward tilt of his head? :thumbup:
Ashwin: You were on a roll, starting at SeaTac and moving on! Wonderful sets of photos. The brownish Golden Gate Bridge photo's special. Amusing photos of your friend. Thanks for the vicarious trip to the "City". The wedding shoot at the Palace of Fine Arts was a nice capture. (insert thumbs up thumbs up here)
a_summarita: All three, great photos. (insert thumbs up here)
Carlos: Nice soft, blurry image. (insert salute here)
David: You snuck some more in! The 2nd and the last sing to me. (insert thumbs up here)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

steflaurent974

No Matt I didn't dodge the grain. In fact I have created a Grey 55% layer on top, then I use the Add Noise (Gaussian 4% monochrome), and then put the layer in overlay so that the grain appears only in the areas wich contain matters or texture.
I find it a good way to add grain, and you can adjust the opacity ...

By the way I found 4% is good for 900-1200pixels wide pics, for native M9 files, 9% to 11% of Gaussian Noise is good.

The important thing is to add the grain as a final treatment : if you have to sharpen your image do it first, so you won't amplify the grain !

That's it.

thrice

Gotta love abandoned houses that are so dilapidated they have even been abandoned by the homeless squatters. A few things to note, the doorknob picture is from a door smashed onto the ground, and notice the lock on the OUTSIDE of the door to the room with the unicorns on the wall. All M9 and 75mm APO-Summicron, except last one 35/2.8 ZM C-Biogon.

Lloyd

Gotta love abandoned houses that are so dilapidated they have even been abandoned by the homeless squatters. A few things to note, the doorknob picture is from a door smashed onto the ground, and notice the lock on the OUTSIDE of the door to the room with the unicorns on the wall. All M9 and 75mm APO-Summicron, except last one 35/2.8 ZM C-Biogon.
Nice shots Daniel. I have to say that lock on the outside of the door is a little creepy, however.