The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

mathomas

Some recent excellent posts inspired me to get out the 75 cron. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 75mm f/2; 1/2000s @ f/3.4; ISO 160
Really digging the composition of this one. The wraparound bench creates a frame around the homeless guy, and I like the selective focus.

eleanorbrown

A couple of recent images with the M9. We recently returned from Wyoming and Montana and got some images...not a lot, but here's one I liked. This was taken on the Wind River Reservation of Broodmares with their colts resting on a lovely day. Used my 50 lux.

And this one taken in South Park City, Colorado with the 75 cron. eleanor

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd and Matt, for your comments!

Lloyd, I didn't realize you had a Noctilux. Was this a recent purchase, or is this just the first time I've noticed? Either way, incredible results in near darkness.
Thanks Mike. That shot was in almost total darkness. I couldn't see to focus, and had to just guess that I was at about minimum focal distance. What's funny is that my wife never even realized I was there.

I've had that lens for a about three or four years. It's the latest version prior to the new f.095.

Lloyd

A couple of recent images with the M9. We recently returned from Wyoming and Montana and got some images...not a lot, but here's one I liked. This was taken on the Wind River Reservation of Broodmares with their colts resting on a lovely day. Used my 50 lux.

And this one taken in South Park City, Colorado with the 75 cron. eleanor
Gorgeous shots Eleanor. That first one just jumps off the screen.

eleanorbrown

And a few monotone images taken in South Park area of Colorado. Processed in C1 using the Panchromatic style and tweaked in Lightroom. Leica M9 with 50 lux lens. eleanor

Lloyd

And a few monotone images taken in South Park area of Colorado. Processed in C1 using the Panchromatic style and tweaked in Lightroom. Leica M9 with 50 lux lens. eleanor
Nice b/w. I especially like that last shot. Has a timeless quality to it. :thumbup:

Don Libby

Eleanor - Thanks for sharing the images; each time you do we try to rearrange our shooting schedule to include CO.

Can't say which I like more as each image presents themselves differently. The horse herd is tops as I love all things horses. I don't see any brands (except maybe on the one center) are these mustangs?

I also like the kerosene lamp image with the window in a slight blurry out of focus.

Then the monotones - are you shooting RAW then converting?

Don

eleanorbrown

Yamas, Steve, and Daniel, thanks so much for your comments about my latest posting of images....it's great to be back posting but also enjoying all the Leica M images on this forum...I am constantly challenged by what I'm seeing from others and it continues to make me realize the incredible versatility of the digital Leica and it's incredible glass. eleanor