The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

This outing with M8 and 35mm 'cron ended in a considerable soak due to an imminent but unexpectedly relentless rainstorm. Nevertheless, the pre-storm sky provided an eerie backdrop I think.

Balloons in the rainstorm:

Very nice series, Osman. And "eerie" is certainly and appropriate description. I like the balloon shot, and what appears to be bottles under the balloons is intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

otumay

Steve and Lloyd, thank you very much. Lloyd, the balloons and bottles serve the same purpose; people aim at them with rented airguns and have a good time.

Peter, stunning colors!

PeterA

Thanks Llyod, Steve and Omar - I carry my M9 with a 50 lux or a 28 cron everywhere - my dirty little secret is a love of simple snaps:)

RF_Licks

Hi all, been lurking around this thread for awhile. Great pics from everyone and you all here and Steve Huff are 99% to blame for my Leica craze (OK.. I take 1% responsibility for my own actions :D ). I just got back into photography last year and bought my first and second Leica (M6 TTL & M8) this year. Loving it and hope to learn along the way.

I see some familiar names here from the other forum where I hang out (joe88).

These were with my M8 and Nokton 50/1.5. I've posted this set elsewhere and hope you don't mind if I share them here.

Thanks! Joe

Lloyd

Had a little time to kill before a meeting this morning, so I stopped by a small, hidden park I hadn't been to in years. It used to be somewhat run down, but a couple of years ago it came under the voluntary care of a local gardening club. They've really turned it around!

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar:

M8, 50 Cron :

Last two, both with the M8, 28 Cron :

Lloyd

Hi all, been lurking around this thread for awhile. Great pics from everyone and you all here and Steve Huff are 99% to blame for my Leica craze (OK.. I take 1% responsibility for my own actions :D ). I just got back into photography last year and bought my first and second Leica (M6 TTL & M8) this year. Loving it and hope to learn along the way.

These were with my M8 and Nokton 50/1.5. I've posted this set elsewhere and hope you don't mind if I share them here.

Thanks! Joe
Very nice work Joe. I really like your b/w conversion. Keep 'em coming. :thumbup:

otumay

Joe, wonderful shots! Nokton put to excellent use. The bus stop shot is very, very good.
Lloyd, masterful use of colors, contrast and dof, wow!

Lloyd

Lloyd, very nice vibrant colors on the flowers. I like the 28 Cron rendering on #4 very much.
Thanks Joe. I'm pretty fond of that 28 myself.

BTW, your pix are all of my old stomping grounds... I'm originally from Boston. My wife enjoys herself by running through your hometown each Patriots Day. (Truth be told, I think the Newton Hills are her least favorite part of the day. :D)

shtarka1

Thanks! Joe

Great stuff from some familiar hangouts! Nice to see you hear Joe!