The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

CharlesK

Thank you Ashwin! :)
Eleanor, really nice shots!
Ashwin love your shots with Noct f/0.95. The portrait of the piano man is amazing!

RF_Licks

Nice! Beautiful b/w! Hey, nothing says Boston like a Duck Tour, right? (Even though I've never been on one.) Much Appreciated. :thumbup:
Thanks Lloyd! You're most welcomed! I haven't gone on a duck tour either .. and they are quite expensive rides. :D Joe

RF_Licks

Went on my evening walk with the new 24 2.8 tonight but this time by the Snake River. Am really liking this lens...can't believe I took so long to decide to get one! (water flow on the Snake is very low this time of year...in June it is overflowing it's banks! ) eleanor
Eleanor, congrats on your new lens. An excellent set. Looking forward to seeing more of your work here :)

RF_Licks

GREAT STUFF, RFLICKS! We got them silly ducks in Seattle too ; )
Thanks Ashwin!

Great stuff from you here too! I've been following your work since I got hooked on the Leica RFs. You really are an inspiration to the Leica community.

Loving your current NYC series with the M9 & 0.95 very much. All great shots but I must say the NYC cab at Times Square is my favorite. I like the composition, color and surreal rendering of the 0.95. Can't wait to see more from you. :)

Joe

ashwinrao1

Thank you, Steve, Joe, Osman, and Charles, for your kind words!!! IN reflection, you guys are all an inspiration to me as well. The game is continuously rising, and I feel that I am becoming a better photographer from studying your works!!!

Don Libby

Eleanor, great images there, makes me want to run out and do something here but its too hot and dry for anything near as good as these. I have a soft spot for images with flowing water.

Very pleased you got the 24mm.

Don

eleanorbrown

Ashwin, Charles, Otumay, Steve RF, Don, thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I'd kina' forgotten just how much I enjoy shooting wide. Thought my 35 cron would suffice, but am so glad I went ahead and invested in the 24! eleanor

eleanorbrown

Don, weather up here in Colorado (and on my recent trip through Wyoming and into Montana) as been boring blue sky almost the whole time/every day). I wait until evening and take walks with my camera which is when the last 2 batches of images were taken. I'm also feeling a little guilty that I've only taken my Phase back out of the bag once since I got my M9. the portability of the Leica and very high quality of the M lenses is very seductive to me and hard to pick up anything else...at least so far. I can take my Leica just about anywhere I want to take it! I've lately been giving up shooting with 60 megapixels in favor is a "mere 18".....am I crazy ! ;-( eleanor

Eleanor, great images there, makes me want to run out and do something here but its too hot and dry for anything near as good as these. I have a soft spot for images with flowing water.

Lloyd

My gosh, Eleanor, all are lovely...beautiful blur in the water and lovely natural, accurate color renditions here!
Big +1 from here. Really, really nice.:salute:

What pop, what pizzazz!!!! Great stuff!!!!
Thanks Ashwin, Much appreciated.

All taken with the M9 and Noct f/0.95, in Philly

1. Piano Man
Great stuff from Philly Ashwin. That first one just blows me away. :bugeyes:

Chris Beautiful Compositions & IQ!
+1 Gorgeous shots. Looks like a great road trip.

Don Libby

Don, weather up here in Colorado (and on my recent trip through Wyoming and into Montana) as been boring blue sky almost the whole time/every day). I wait until evening and take walks with my camera which is when the last 2 batches of images were taken. I'm also feeling a little guilty that I've only taken my Phase back out of the bag once since I got my M9. the portability of the Leica and very high quality of the M lenses is very seductive to me and hard to pick up anything else...at least so far. I can take my Leica just about anywhere I want to take it! I've lately been giving up shooting with 60 megapixels in favor is a "mere 18".....am I crazy ! ;-( eleanor

I know and fully understand. I used the M9 much more that the P45+ while in Yosemite. I've taken a couple trips since February and in each case I used the M9 more that the P45+. I kept telling myself that it was all about getting used to the camera. The ease of carrying a camera and 4-lens is amazing (I'll have the new bag tomorrow). I hiked the Chiricahuas (7+ miles in 6hrs) with the M9 and 3 lens over my shoulder.

Still not willing or ready to give up the Cambo WRS.

Don

eleanorbrown

No I won't give my my Phase back either, but I never expected to be so taken with the Leica. My dad recorded my childhood back in the 40's with one of the original Leicas (I still have his old Leica/Leitz) camera! I just never thought I'd want one myself but the output out of this CCD camera and M lenses is almost indescribable. The 24 Elmarit just blows me away...never seen any 24 lens like this...more than I was prepared for! Let me know how you like the Click Elite. eleanor

I know and fully understand. I used the M9 much more that the P45+ while in Yosemite. I've taken a couple trips since February and in each case I used the M9 more that the P45+. I kept telling myself that it was all about getting used to the camera. The ease of carrying a camera and 4-lens is amazing (I'll have the new bag tomorrow). I hiked the Chiricahuas (7+ miles in 6hrs) with the M9 and 3 lens over my shoulder.

Still not willing or ready to give up the Cambo WRS.

Don

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I've been very lax in saying thanks for the compliments and dishing them out to everyone here. The shots posted continue to be excellent. That means all of the usual suspects: Don, Steve, Thrice, Eleanor, Lloyd, Matt, Ashwin, Osman and all of the others I'm forgetting.