The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

eleanorbrown

Totally different from my last couple of postings. My husband and I went to pick up our son at the Denver Airport Thursday night and were treated to incredible light. For those of you who have never flown into Denver they have an interesting airport to say the least. The statue is of the Denver Bronco. Both images taken with my 50 lux shooting out my window from a moving car! eleanor

Lloyd

Lloyd, beautiful evening light! Isn't it great to live near areas like this that you all can just decide to take an evening walk and see this light and scenery! In two weeks we leave to go back to Houston and I will have to say good by to the access to lovely national forest and river trails out my front door probably until about January or so. eleanor
You are so right Eleanor! We pinch ourselves sometimes. Mimi lived for awhile in Oklahoma, where it was so flat you could watch your dog run away for three days. Big difference.

Fabulous shots of the Denver airport. Really fantastic light!

eleanorbrown

Thanks Lloyd...btw, the best thing about Oklahoma for me anyway is that is where we got our wonderful yellow lab Dillon, from Frontier Retrievers in Tuttle, OK, just out side Oklahoma City! (10 years ago)..... eleanor

You are so right Eleanor! We pinch ourselves sometimes. Mimi lived for awhile in Oklahoma, where it was so flat you could watch your dog run away for three days. Big difference.

Fabulous shots of the Denver airport. Really fantastic light!

sjg284

Thanks Steve, Lloyd. I work nearby and thats about as close as I care to get with my camera usually. Feels like its really become the wrong kind of tourist spot the last few years (gawking and hawking). I look forward to the buildings being completed.

Eleanor - Cool shot of the bronco!

Today was a bit more low-key, family activities, father in laws birthday.

Lloyd

Re: Industrial Cylclist

Very nice Johan. The industrial forest.

Thanks Ashwin for your feedback (and inspiration, if I may)

Here are some shots of Mesa Arch in Canyonlands NP, UT. A popular spot (even first thing in the morning):

View attachment 35486
View attachment 35487
View attachment 35488

Cheers,
Chris
That is a popular spot, Chris. I really like that second shot. Perfect.

Thanks Steve, Lloyd. I work nearby and thats about as close as I care to get with my camera usually. Feels like its really become the wrong kind of tourist spot the last few years (gawking and hawking). I look forward to the buildings being completed.

Eleanor - Cool shot of the bronco!

Today was a bit more low-key, family activities, father in laws birthday.
Thanks to you Steve. Nice moment. I hope you had a pleasant family day.

Lloyd

Where my wife is going to be working in Deer Valley at the Montage
Getting some nice color in there now. Won't be long. We drove up past that a few weeks ago on a drive over Guardsman Pass to Brighton. That is one monster hotel!!

RF_Licks

Nice pics everyone from the past few days

Kuau, very nice b&w shots of Pack City!
Lloyd, hope you get well soon. Love the "yellow" theme from your past 3 post! Was that a coincidence?
Sig284, nice one with the WTC site.
Dan, very nice portrait with the 75 Cron
Elenor, very nice capture of the statue. The blues and yellows of the Bronco matches the sky perfectly.
Jaap, very nice B&W tone of the industrial shot.

I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it coming.

Joe :)

CharlesK

Eleanor very nice shots! Particularly the one of the Bronco.
Johan, very interesting capture. I really like it.
Steve, looks a great familiy day.
Kuau, nice capture.
Lloyd, hope you recover quickly :)

Lloyd

Went to a family gathering yesterday afternoon, and on the way saw a smoke coming from the area of a local military installation. We hadn't had seen TV or listened to radio, and didn't know about the fire.

Took this through the very dirty car windshield:

A couple of hours later, we came out of the house to see this:

The fire was spreading rapidly in 50+ wind gusts, and ultimately almost 1700 homes were evacuated. I got a few more shots, until the homeowners whose house we were visiting were put on evacuation alert, and we all decided it was time to leave:

The good news was that even though the fire is still officially out of control, so far only 4 homes have been destroyed.

Taken with the M8, and the 28 Cron, 50 Cron and the CV 90 lenses.

m_driscoll

The Mrs. Never Takes A Bad Picture! Lovely Shot Lloyd! Hope your feeling better!
Lloyd: +1, beautiful colors and light. It appears that you can still walk and take pictures.. that's good. :thumbup:

Daniel, Great Portrait!
Daniel: +1, well done. He does have interesting eyes. :thumbup:

Amazing how 9 years has flown by! Excellent shot Steve!
sjg284: +1, it is hard to believe that was 9 yrs. ago! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Totally different from my last couple of postings. My husband and I went to pick up our son at the Denver Airport Thursday night and were treated to incredible light. For those of you who have never flown into Denver they have an interesting airport to say the least. The statue is of the Denver Bronco. Both images taken with my 50 lux shooting out my window from a moving car! eleanor
Eleanor: Excellent light and color from the window of a moving car! :thumbup:

Here are some shots of Mesa Arch in Canyonlands NP, UT. A popular spot (even first thing in the morning):
Cheers,Chris
Chris: Nice captures of the light coming through the arch. :thumbup:

...Today was a bit more low-key, family activities, father in laws birthday.
sjg284: But, where's his photo posted. Nice capture. :thumbup:

Where my wife is going to be working in Deer Valley at the Montage
Kuau: Might be a good winter for snow. La Nina is coming in and we're expecting lots of precip. in the PNW. Maybe it will sneak through. :thumbup:

Went to a family gathering yesterday afternoon, and on the way saw a smoke coming from the area of a local military installation. We hadn't had seen TV or listened to radio, and didn't know about the fire.
Took this through the very dirty car windshield.
A couple of hours later, we came out of the house to see this:
The fire was spreading rapidly in 50+ wind gusts, and ultimately almost 1700 homes were evacuated. I got a few more shots, until the homeowners whose house we were visiting were put on evacuation alert, and we all decided it was time to leave:

The good news was that even though the fire is still officially out of control, so far only 4 homes have been destroyed.

Taken with the M8, and the 28 Cron, 50 Cron and the CV 90 lenses.
Lloyd: It is the brush fire season! Pretty close to those homes. Excellent photos. Glad the fire didn't do more damage. Hurricanes back East, tornadoes in between, brush fires in the West, tornadoes in between, and earthquakes on the West Coast. Mother Nature's irritated!

A couple more from my summer road trip:
1. Crater Lake NP, OR
2. Oregon Coast
Thanks for looking,
Chris
Chris: Nicely done! That's such a beautiful bridge. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

kuau

Workshop Member
Lloyd,
The smoke made it all the way to Park City, I hope they get this under control soon.
Give me a shout if you ever want to go out shooting up here.

Steven

Lloyd

Lloyd,
The smoke made it all the way to Park City, I hope they get this under control soon.
Give me a shout if you ever want to go out shooting up here.

Steven
I'd love to get out shooting with you sometime. Let's see is we can make that happen soon. Thanks.

Lloyd

Lloyd: +1, beautiful colors and light. It appears that you can still walk and take pictures.. that's good. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Yes, it is good. I've just tweaked my Achilles, so I can't run at the moment. I'm sticking the bike for now. Thanks.

Lloyd: It is the brush fire season! Pretty close to those homes. Excellent photos. Glad the fire didn't do more damage. Hurricanes back East, tornadoes in between, brush fires in the West, tornadoes in between, and earthquakes on the West Coast. Mother Nature's irritated!

Cheers, Matt

I think you're right Matt. Very much so, it seems.

My wife during our 30th aniversary dinner at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, B.C. Taken two years ago. I can only take her photo when she isn't looking. Cheers, Matt.

M8; 50mm f/1; 1/60s @ f/1; ISO 160

Nice stealth shot, Matt. Wonderful color and bokeh too.