The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Lloyd

Mike. Great shots from my home town. One from my collection, Aug 2008 from the same place with M8 and 35/1.4. Regards George
Very nice image George. I like the composition, as well as the use of DOF.

Also, welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

steflaurent974

Thanks LLoyd.

By the way guys, I was thinking, cant we organize a selection of photos on this thread.
And then publish a Blurb book, as they made on LUF . A kind of Getdpi's Leica M best of.

Who si interested in this ? And how can we make it...

Mike Woods

Thank you Otumay, Lloyd, Ashwin, Steve, Matt and George (it really is a small world, and welcome to the forum) - thank you all for your very generous comments.

Ashwin - the cartoon character was a gift wasn't it lol ? Here's one from the same session which I actually prefer, being slightly more subtle, although the exposure was trickier....

Ok, just a couple more before I move onto something else :)

Regards

Mike

Back to the M world, here are a few shots :

Paris from The Jules Vernes Restaurant. (Tour Eiffel)

Myfavorite and nearest seaside spot...

Same spot...

That's it for the moment,

Taken with the M9, Cron 50 the first and cron 28 the 3 others.
Amazing shots my friend, the M9 and the 28 Cron works very well.

Thanks for sharing

G

Geortech

Very nice image George. I like the composition, as well as the use of DOF.

Also, welcome to the forum. :thumbup:
Thank you Lloyd. A few more images from last summer in Ontario with M9 and
35 and 50 lux , last one with D-lux4.
I hope image with Albali won't make you guys very thirsty. George

eleanorbrown

David this last one really hits a home run for me....the highlight tones, the lines and shapes...I love stuff like this!!! very well seen. Eleanor

Wow, I haven't visited here in a couple of weeks. Long story short, working like a dog and also had to attend to family matters (nothing serious).

There are some wonderful photos here. Will have to work backwards and look at them more closely.

I haven't taken any new photos. I did find a few images from March that were worth processing. All with the M9 and 18mm SE.

eleanorbrown

Having always had a soft spot in my heart for teddy bears, I love this one!!! very nice. eleanor

Thank you Otumay, Lloyd, Ashwin, Steve, Matt and George (it really is a small world, and welcome to the forum) - thank you all for your very generous comments.

Ashwin - the cartoon character was a gift wasn't it lol ? Here's one from the same session which I actually prefer, being slightly more subtle, although the exposure was trickier....

Regards

Mike

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd. A few more images from last summer in Ontario with M9 and
35 and 50 lux , last one with D-lux4.
I hope image with Albali won't make you guys very thirsty. George
Oh my! Those shots are truly stunning George. :clap::clap::clap:

Lloyd

Regards

Mike
Amazing set Mike. I'm really enjoying your sense of humor here. And not just this image, but rather the entire set. :salute:

RF_Licks

This thread seems to be moving pretty fast past few days. Very nice pics from the past week from everyone: boymerang, Woody, Eleanor, Lloyd, Mike Woods, kuau, Braeside, sig284, MPK2010, Charles, Matt, DavidE & Stef.. hope I didn't miss anyone! Nice to see varied styles & subjects posted and most important, everyone here enjoying their digital M8 or M9!

.. and thanks Charles, Matt & Steve (shtarka1) for your earlier comments :)

Joe

shtarka1

Wow, I haven't visited here in a couple of weeks. Long story short, working like a dog and also had to attend to family matters (nothing serious).

There are some wonderful photos here. Will have to work backwards and look at them more closely.

I haven't taken any new photos. I did find a few images from March that were worth processing. All with the M9 and 18mm SE.

2 Spectacular shots David!

shtarka1

Regards

Mike
All Killer Mike!

shtarka1

A post from earlier today. St. John the Divine. M9 + 28 mm chron. 4 frames stitched in PTgui and perspective corrected.

M9 + Noctilux .95
Back from Turkey, more coming soon.

This one for Osman :)
Back to the M world, here are a few shots :

Paris from The Jules Vernes Restaurant. (Tour Eiffel)

Myfavorite and nearest seaside spot...

Same spot...

That's it for the moment,

Taken with the M9, Cron 50 the first and cron 28 the 3 others.
Bravo!!!:thumbs:

eleanorbrown

Woody, to me this is a powerful shot that elicits lots of questions....I have always been fascinated with Manhattan and on my visits there I have been most interested is seeing...not the tourist stuff---museums and plays, broadway, etc...I have always been interested in the "neighborhoods"...I am fascinated by what it must be like to live among so much concrete day to day. Do people use their cars (we LOVE our cars in Houston!), do you have supermarkets? It is always noisy when out and about??. This image makes me think of all this! Buildings, and windows and traffic everywhere. Really well done! eleanor

Last Friday's post from my office window. M9 + 35mm cron pre-asph v.IV.