The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

mathomas

It was a varied photostroll around Seattle, rumbling around Seattle Center and the UW-Oregon State football game. All pics with the M9 and Noctilux f/.95

Looks like the corner of my office after an earthquake. Cool shot. I like how it has a tilt-shift effect to it. I couldn't decide whether they are miniatures or not. I suspect not.

mathomas

We had a post-wedding party in Denver for my Arizona niece and her new husband. Having just got my ZM Sonnar back from a pretty major repair, I just had to shoot it on my M8. The light was very low, and most shots were at ISO 640 and f/1.5. However, it (or I) was so dim I had some trouble focusing. However, I'm happy with the photos for what they capture.

B&W processing in Nik Silver Efex.

Slideshow

eleanorbrown

As usual enjoying all the image posted since I last was on the forum. Back and settled in Texas now and finally snapping the shutter of my M9. These taken today...nothing unusual or special but just a taste of the south central Texas landscape at Brazos Bend State Park. Today we say lots of gators, white tailed deer, some birds, and rather large snake (I think a water moccasin) and other wildlife plus some nice scenery. All taken with my 35 cron handheld. Eleanor

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
whew - I've been missing for a couples of days and got way behind visiting this forum.

October 17 post to my blog. M9 + 40mm cron-c.

And

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Saturday was the anniversary of my daily blog - I've actually managed at least one photograph every day for the last 365 days. And of course I'm continuing.

Here is one of the photos from Saturday's post.

ShiroKuro

Another shot of Waikiki .....

Thanks for the great comments .... Ashwin I never did get that lens ... decided to just use what I have ... Been thinking about getting the 18 mm though .... David's photos are great and only helps push me in that direction .... any recommendations on which 18 to go for ?
The shot with the grid like fingers reaching into the sky is really good ... what are those ? The conductor with the Black coat ; ) never mid I was gonna make an M8 joke ...... Must be great be in the situation to catch these images during games ... are there any constraints or can you shoot what ever you like ? lol too many questions .....

Matt this was the first time I have seen a homeless child here in Hawaii ... Homelessness is out of control over here ... thanks for your comments . The Tattoo parlor image is amazing .....

P

Photon

Ashwin, Steve, David & Matt: Thank you for encouraging this M9 newbie. I'm very glad I temporarily discontinued my search for a MFDB system as to discover and explore the thrilling day to day life with a Leica. Could not be happier. :angel:

Warmest,

Ton

www.tonvanmourik.com

CharlesK

Thank you Lloyd, Steve and :) Really appreciate the comments!
Ashwin: Awesome images!!! Such a variety of shots :)
Really nice shots Eleanor.
Steven, really nice set of shots!
Woody, great set of shots!
Mike, nice shots with ZM 50/1.5 Sonar. My fav is #2.

Lloyd

great series lloyd! really love the repetition here!

i also really like how you processed this set differently. that's one of my biggest weaknesses - knowing how to post-process effectively.
Thank you Jerry. Much appreciated.

Lloyd

We had a post-wedding party in Denver for my Arizona niece and her new husband. Having just got my ZM Sonnar back from a pretty major repair, I just had to shoot it on my M8. The light was very low, and most shots were at ISO 640 and f/1.5. However, it (or I) was so dim I had some trouble focusing. However, I'm happy with the photos for what they capture.

B&W processing in Nik Silver Efex.
Despite the issues, they turned out very well. I like your processing here.

Lloyd

As usual enjoying all the image posted since I last was on the forum. Back and settled in Texas now and finally snapping the shutter of my M9. These taken today...nothing unusual or special but just a taste of the south central Texas landscape at Brazos Bend State Park. Today we say lots of gators, white tailed deer, some birds, and rather large snake (I think a water moccasin) and other wildlife plus some nice scenery. All taken with my 35 cron handheld. Eleanor

Nice to see you "back on the grid" Eleanor. Looking forward to more. Nice reflections in this one. :thumbup:

mathomas

Despite the issues, they turned out very well. I like your processing here.
Thanks Lloyd. In the end, it's about the mood and the moment, and I (and they) would rather have the imperfect photos than none at all.

Re processing: isn't it funny how reviews of high-end lenses have a section on vignetting (generally considered a bad thing), then we (or at least I) go in and add some in post at least half the time?

Love me some Silver Efex.