The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Everyday new marvellous images are being added here on the thread.:thumbs:

Friends, excuse me for my limited comments on your photos due to my weak knowledge of English language.
CEH: No problem. Seeing your terrific photos is enough. The second one definitely made me laugh. The composition and light pp in the first is outstanding. I like the sliver of advertising at the top. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Lloyd: Nicely captured. The rhythm and perspective of the wheels and shadows is very cool. I, also, like the framing and light in the first photo and the way the eye is pushed off the barn's facade to the distant mountains. The darkness of the third photo conceals the detail and focuses on the silhouetted landscape, then the sky and reflections. Works very well, IMHO.

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. Much appreciated. :thumbup:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody: Great quality to this image. :salute: I've been looking around for this lens. They seem pretty rare. In another post, you indicated that you might have to "file' something down to get it to work on the M9. Is that what you did?

Cheers, Matt

Matt - The dual range summicron is very common - it was the lens for the M cameras in the 50s and 60s. I owned one back in the day when I was shooting an M3. The close focus cam interferes with the M9 so it doesn't mount on the M9 unless it is in close focus mode. I bought the lens on ebay and sent it for a CLA and to have the close focus cam removed (this was not an expensive proposition). As a result it now mounts on the M9 (and my M8.2), but it's lost its close focus ability. If you can buy one without the close up spectacles do so - the lens without spectacles sells for a lot less because it is of no interest to collectors.

The dual range is optically identical to the "rigid" summicron (named to distinguish it from the slightly earlier collapsable summicron) but there is a persistent rumor that the DRs were produced to tighter specifications. The glass is only single (not multi) coated so it's more prone to flare than its modern counterparts. The later ones may have better coating. Mine is early - from 1954. In terms of build quality it's from another world. It's compact (about the same as the modern 50 lux) but heavy in its solid brass mount. Otherwise its close to the modern lenses in performance but has a unique look that defined the 50s and 60s era. As you can see I use it a lot.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

A last one because I have to go get back to work: testing the OOF/Bokeh of my new Zeiss. As smooth as I had hoped for. Dont like the blown out white spot, but that's my own fault ;-)
Ceiling of a small abandoned building I came across.
As time goes by
Ton: Good eye. Nice detail and colors on this and the ceiling. :thumbup:

CEH: Terrific color and post. Great expressions on the "queen" and the woman talking to her.

Prolific does not begin to describe you lot.....How is anyone supposed to keep up????:ROTFL:
Thanks for your comments on the deer images. Here are a few more images from the same session, with 35mm Ultron:

Regards
Mike
Mike: Rich color and excellent composition from the country. I like the abstract (and slightly funny) quality of this one. Will they keep increasing the enclosure as the tree grows to keep it from being eaten? :thumbup:

CEH: Beautiful photograph of the wine glass! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt - The dual range summicron is very common - it was the lens for the M cameras in the 50s and 60s. I owned one back in the day when I was shooting an M3. The close focus cam interferes with the M9 so it doesn't mount on the M9 unless it is in close focus mode. I bought the lens on ebay and sent it for a CLA and to have the close focus cam removed (this was not an expensive proposition). As a result it now mounts on the M9 (and my M8.2), but it's lost its close focus ability. If you can buy one without the close up spectacles do so - the lens without spectacles sells for a lot less because it is of no interest to collectors.

The dual range is optically identical to the "rigid" summicron (named to distinguish it from the slightly earlier collapsable summicron) but there is a persistent rumor that the DRs were produced to tighter specifications. The glass is only single (not multi) coated so it's more prone to flare than its modern counterparts. The later ones may have better coating. Mine is early - from 1954. In terms of build quality it's from another world. It's compact (about the same as the modern 50 lux) but heavy in its solid brass mount. Otherwise its close to the modern lenses in performance but has a unique look that defined the 50s and 60s era. As you can see I use it a lot.
Woody: Thanks. I'll look for one without the eyes. Cheers, Matt

mathomas

Ok. Two from the other day.

M8, CV 75/2.5 Heliar

M8, CV 21/4
Hey Lloyd, I especially like the aerial perspective in the first one. It reminds me of a crisp Colorado morning. Where are you located? The second has some nice geometry and repetition -- I like to shoot this kind of shot myself. What surprised me is it's a 21mm. I wouldn't have guessed it that wide (I realize it shoots like a 28mm on the M8).

otumay

I've been unable to comment due to my father's health problems. All of you post magnificent shots, they are an inspiration in these difficult times.

m_driscoll

Another one from San Francisco.
Shot with the 24 lux.
David: Well seen! What are the odds that bent sign would be right there? :thumbup:

From Sunday's post. 50mm DR cron. Stitched from two frames.

Also from Sunday's post. Same kit.

Woody: You really are using that lens a lot. Great color and detail in the corn; excellent composition (very creative choice) and pp in the B&W. :thumbs:

I've been unable to comment due to my father's health problems. All of you post magnificent shots, they are an inspiration in these difficult times.
Osman: Sorry to hear that. My best wishes to you and your father. Take care.

Cheers, Matt

CharlesK

Lloyd, really nice shots! #2 is my fav :)
Matt, excellent shots! Love the character of the tatoo parlour.
David, love that shot!
Woody, great shot of the cornfields.
Mike, really love #2.
Ton, love the shot of the metal door grip!

Otumay, so sorry to hear about your father!

Here some shots of the night markets, near Pat Pong, in Bangkok. With the 50 Lux Ashp and M9.

Last edited: