The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Mike that second shot with the contrast of warm and cool is sensational - even tho' I'd be tempted to crop a bit off the bottom!

Love it anyway,
Bill

Ok it's official ..... I have lens lust :banghead:

Today I get home and emails received from my usual sources offering chrome Leica 50mm F2, chrome Leica 35mm F2 asph, Nokton 35mm f1.2 and Nokton 50mm f1.1..............

I want them all :confused:.........

Ok, I know you don't really care, so a couple of images instead whilst I think about this......M8/CV35mm Ultron f1.7

Regards

Mike

ashwinrao1

Several days of non-stop 40mph winds have made for some interesting shooting. Grabbing hold of leaves, sand, water, and anything that is not tied down, you can almost see the shape and color of the wind as it twists and turns and sails past.

Kurt, ALL of these are awesome...Noctilux magic really takes these shots to a dreamy next level and further expands your vision. Lovely!

ashwinrao1

Awoke this morning to 5 inches (~12.7 cm) of new snow. I'm blaming Kuau... he wished it here! :angry:Too early for me, thanks.

M8, CV 15/4.5 Superwide

M8, 90/2.8 Elmarit
Lloyd, if you come to Seattle, it'll be a blast from the past, albeit a few weeks back, as fall colors are starting up now for us...you guys seem to be a season ahead...that's a lot of snow for October!!! I can feel the crisp bite of winter air when seeing your shots...great work!

ashwinrao1

I have just arrived back in Australia from Thailand and I am so many pages behind, and there so many excellent and amazing images that preceed, I don't where to start other than to say,...wow :D

Here some shots with the 50 Lux Asph and M9 from Thailand. Thanks :)

Charles, this whole series is really enjoyable. Great work!

Lloyd

Several days of non-stop 40mph winds have made for some interesting shooting. Grabbing hold of leaves, sand, water, and anything that is not tied down, you can almost see the shape and color of the wind as it twists and turns and sails past.
Wow. That's impressive Kurt. Nice shots as well... the wind makes for some interesting effects.

Lloyd

Love the snow on the leaves, Lloyd. I see you use a 15 mm CV (is that the Heliar?), though the pic doesn't look like an ultra wide angle - how do you like it?
Bill
Hi Bill. Yes, it's the Heliar. I'm using it on an M8 here, so it's about the same as a 21mm on the M9, so not really "superwide" in effect.

I really do like it, but I have to put up with some issues... coding, filters, etc. You can see the hint of vignetting in the extreme corners, which is actually the edges of the UV/IR filter. I'm using a Milch filter adapter, and mine doesn't quite keep the entire filter out of the way. I've communicated with John about it, and he says it occurred with some of the adapters, but not all. Mine is one. I usually crop it out, if I'm concerned, but this was just a snapshot, so I didn't bother. As for the lens, I use it a lot, and for a wide variety of shots. In my PJ days, I used to use a 20mm on a 35mm SLR probably 75% of the time, so the field of view here is one I'm fond of.

Lloyd

Lloyd, if you come to Seattle, it'll be a blast from the past, albeit a few weeks back, as fall colors are starting up now for us...you guys seem to be a season ahead...that's a lot of snow for October!!! I can feel the crisp bite of winter air when seeing your shots...great work!
Thanks Ashwin. I'd love to be up there right now. Actually, here in the valleys, the leaves are just starting to change. The snow came early, and after weeks of Indian Summer. We'll probably still have some nice weather through much of November, but I have a lot of skier friends who are very excited.

m_driscoll

I have just arrived back in Australia from Thailand and I am so many pages behind, and there so many excellent and amazing images that preceed, I don't where to start other than to say,...wow :D

Here some shots with the 50 Lux Asph and M9 from Thailand. Thanks :)

Charles: I'm way behind myself! You're right about the great images posted here. Yours included. I really like the light and color in this photo. A lot to look at with the parked scooters, the blond woman, the stalls and vendors, restaurant upstairs, and the blurred scooter coming from the right. Beautiful exposure.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Kurt, another excellent series. I love your "Mood" work the best!

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
The more I use my M9 with this new 21mm 'Lux the more I am realizing what a truly MAGICAL creative tool it is. Leica, you get credit for a job very well done in my book :thumbs:

CharlesK

Thank you Ashwin and Matt for your kind words :)

Ton, love that portrait. Very classical in poise.
LLoyd, really nice series. Particularly like #2 and 4.
Kurt, amazing series. Love the Nocti dream time feel :)
Vlad, nice shots!

Another portrait of the white tourist in Phuket! 50 Lux Asph/M9

Last edited: