The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Met with Kuau (Steven) for some shooting at This Is The Place Heritage Park (which is a re-creation of a 19th Century town, with actors in period costumes.)

All taken with the M8 and CV 15/4.5 Superwide:

Lloyd, all excellent shots. This is my personal favorite. #2 mite benefit from raising the fill light on the foreground so the texture of the cloth shows just a bit in place of the large black void. I think it would work better myself. But a great series none the less.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Thank you Lloyd.

I guess I should be happy with what I have. From other people's sometimes negative comments, I think I must have good copies of my CV lenses.

Decisions, decisions..........

Mike
Mike, my advice is sit tight and use what you have. Don't be distracted by the "pundits" yours are fine lenses, as evidenced by your excellent image you just posted. Go for the art, not the gear. Gear you already have, so now time to practice the art. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
I have just arrived back in Australia from Thailand and I am so many pages behind, and there so many excellent and amazing images that preceed, I don't where to start other than to say,...wow :D

Here some shots with the 50 Lux Asph and M9 from Thailand. Thanks :)

Charles, you have some real talent you are developing there. This second image above is real nice, and my "pick of the litter." Nice Job!

That first image though my eye goes right here. The rest of the frame doesn't work for me, too confusing. Crop for your story, not for a particular "look" or effect is my advice.:lecture:

Mike Woods

Mike, my advice is sit tight and use what you have. Don't be distracted by the "pundits" yours are fine lenses, as evidenced by your excellent image you just posted. Go for the art, not the gear. Gear you already have, so now time to practice the art. :thumbup:
I know you're right Chuck, but... :D

Mike

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Several days of non-stop 40mph winds have made for some interesting shooting. Grabbing hold of leaves, sand, water, and anything that is not tied down, you can almost see the shape and color of the wind as it twists and turns and sails past.

Wow these all sing bud. Nice going

GRW

Finally went and got myself a M9 and I'm so glad I did, just a brilliant camera with some awesome qualities to it.

Finally got to spend some proper time with it so thought I'd post a few up since I hadn't done it before yet spent so long looking at all the great shots here.

All done with a 35mm Zeiss Biogon.

Lloyd

Finally went and got myself a M9 and I'm so glad I did, just a brilliant camera with some awesome qualities to it.

Finally got to spend some proper time with it so thought I'd post a few up since I hadn't done it before yet spent so long looking at all the great shots here.

All done with a 35mm Zeiss Biogon.
Excellent shots! I particularly like that third one. Looking forward to much more. And congrats on the M9!:thumbup:

YamasDigital

One from Maui yesterday morning; 28mm 2.0:

Few from Las Vegas last week; 28mm 2.0:

On the road:

Lake Las Vegas:

Aria Cakes (Jean Phillippe):

More cakes:

Aria Interior: