The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Fall Colors at The Seattle Japanese Garden
Ed: Nice eye. Shoes designed to match Fall colors? :thumbup:

Matt, wonderful and humorous captures! There may not be a causal relationship between the two, but the last shot still has its striking message; glad it wasn't written on the jeans;)
Osman: Thank you, my friend. But, I still would have had to take the photo! (insert LOL here)

Im looking for Brando in the first shot...So Cool! Great PP!
# 2 could be an advertisement for the 0.95! Very Good!:)
Steve: Thank you! :D I'm practicing. So, it's not the end of the world when someone coats a bike in rubber spikes?

I don't think there's any causal relationship between the first two photos and the third. Cheers, Matt
This image is fantastic!:salute:
ceh: Thanks! :D

Three consecutive images...
Ceh: Excellent series. Shutter speed and pp was perfect. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Great shots, but had to separate from the notion of a relationship between them. :D
Lloyd: Thank you! :D I was hoping someone could explain the rubberized motorcycle and that it did'nt mean what was on the sweatshirt.:LOL:

Not all our Halloween visitors were scary. Some were graceful and beautiful. Even if they are only six years old.

M8, Nocti F1.0:
Lloyd: This is very beautiful! Composition, expression, colors and pp are terrific. The distinctive signature of the f/1 really works here. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Yep glow is good :)
Here's one from yesterday, my better half with M8 and, ummm a new lens that you all told me I shouldn't have bought.............:eek:

Regards
Mike
Ok. I'll come clean. They are not actually mine yet, but I'm testing 35 and 50mm Summicrons, both used, chrome and in excellent condition - serial nos. from around 1994-1996. 35 is asph.

This will mean trading in my CV Nokton and Ultron which cover the same focal lengths. I'm keeping the CV 25 and 75.

Yesterday was first chance to try them, and I don't have long to make my decision, so hoping for good weather :rolleyes:

First impressions? Build quality is unbelievable. You will all know this of course, but never having held a Leica lens it came as quite a shock when the first one got passed across the counter. Being chrome will account for some of that, but still....impressive build.

Both lenses seem to focus really well on my M8, although the concave tab on the 35 will take a little getting used to.

Too early to report on any negatives, but ( I think) I can see the effect of the slower 50mm vs the Nokton 50 f1.5, in terms of slightly less separation of subject to background, if that makes sense. I was expecting that anyway so no big deal, but something like the Nokton f1.1 might be a nice supplement in the future....when I get my wallet back from intensive care :eek:

Regards

Mike
Mike: Nice photo of your "better half"! And, she's still smiling. Congratulations on the new lens(es?) Cheers, Matt

ashwinrao1

Yep glow is good :)

Here's one from yesterday, my better half with M8 and, ummm a new lens that you all told me I shouldn't have bought.............:eek:

Regards

Mike
ooooh, what lens, Mike. Looks aspherical and crissssp?

oh wait, I found your answer. Congrats on the 35 and 50 crons, Mike. You'll make them sing! Excited for you!

ashwinrao1

Here's one, dug up from recent archives....

M9 and Noct f/0.95

And didn't quite grab this one in focus, but still liked what I saw...

And finally, another from the archives...