The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

shtarka1

Been away so long...

Here is one from the 12mm CV on the M9, no cornerfix, probably f/11

I think the colour shifts work for me :)
Dan, I Was Just Thinking That We Haven't Seen You In A While! Phenomenal Shot! Nice To Have You Back!

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, Steve, Jan, and Matt.

I know. It felt strange shooting with the 50mm. :)

I kept thinking I was supposed to switch to the external viewfinder to recompose the shot, and then remembering I could focus and compose all at once. I'm thinking about buying a used 50mm external finder, as I've gotten used to the larger and brighter view that externals can provide.

Returning to wide-angle (whew!), here's another people shot using the 24 lux.

David, after seeing this image I can well understand why that 50mm just didn't feel "right". Your a storyteller as I am myself. And what screaming stories this image tells! GREAT job of catching both the wedding couple dominant in the background and the bag lady foreground. Both tell strong stories, both scream news, and both stories contrast a new beginning with decay. A really FINE job on this one David. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

danlindberg

Been away so long...

Cool shot :)

May I ask if you have used both ND filter and flash in one exposure or have you sandwiched two exposures?

ashwinrao1

Been away so long...

Daniel, this is an outstanding capture. I love how you have very clearly defined your style in the images that you produce with the M9. Outstanding!

thrice

Thankyou Mike, Dan and Ashwin! I'm glad you see a consistent style in my shots Ashwin, it's one of my chief concerns that I'm not 'all over the place'.

May I ask if you have used both ND filter and flash in one exposure or have you sandwiched two exposures?
3 exposures manually blended :)

Here's another NZ shot, a pano of six vertical shots with the Zeiss 18mm Distagon. Two exposures for each frame, manually blended then stitched.

Shot with a B+W ND1.8 (6 stops), standing in very cold water, and constantly having to wipe the ND filter.

m_driscoll

Cool Shootin Matt! Now I Know What Shirt To Buy You & Lloyd For X-Mass!:D
BTW...The Backdrop On The Fruit In The Last Picture.....Never Mind...:rolleyes::cool::):)!
Beautiful light,color & blurred background!
Steve: Thanks, buddy! :D What did you mean by the "backdrop"? :ROTFL:

Priceless, Matt. It's pure poetry you nailed here. The stories this photograph evokes (I could start writing any moment)...:salute:
Warmest,
Ton
www.tonvanmourik.com
Ton: Thank you! :D Makes you wonder about his life and his focus on his work. He's there every day sorting and arranging.

m_driscoll

Been away so long...

They work for me too! Very impressive image Daniel. :salute:
Dan, I Was Just Thinking That We Haven't Seen You In A While! Phenomenal Shot! Nice To Have You Back!
Flippin' 'eck that's amazin' :eek:
:thumbs:
Mike
Daniel, this is an outstanding capture. I love how you have very clearly defined your style in the images that you produce with the M9. Outstanding!
Daniel: :thumbup: (nothing to add)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Tuesday's blog post. M9 + 15mm CV. Cornerfixed.
Woody: Nice capture! You must have been right next to her. Very controlled sun flare. :thumbup:

Thankyou Mike, Dan and Ashwin! I'm glad you see a consistent style in my shots Ashwin, it's one of my chief concerns that I'm not 'all over the place'.
3 exposures manually blended :)
Here's another NZ shot, a pano of six vertical shots with the Zeiss 18mm Distagon. Two exposures for each frame, manually blended then stitched.

Shot with a B+W ND1.8 (6 stops), standing in very cold water, and constantly having to wipe the ND filter.
Daniel: You're the consummate craftsman! Beautiful image. You have a very consistent style with your landscapes. Recognizable and always excellent. :salute: I have the 'all over the place' thing going.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

thrice

Far too flattering all of you :p But my humble thanks!

Matt, I love the colours, I see 'fixies' are overly popular everywhere with hipsters at the moment.

ashwinrao1

Ohhh, fixies are really popular over here. Matt, lovely image. Personally, I am waiting for that fad to die down...those bikes are too flashy in a silly way...1 gear around the hills of Seattle...though, that's a work out!