The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Summicronix, that's a sweet shoot!!!! Nice use of the tele-elmar and welcome!

Endre, Steve, Matt, Lloyd, David, and all, thanks!

mathomas

Thanks Lloyd, Steve, Jan, and Matt.

I know. It felt strange shooting with the 50mm. :)

I kept thinking I was supposed to switch to the external viewfinder to recompose the shot, and then remembering I could focus and compose all at once. I'm thinking about buying a used 50mm external finder, as I've gotten used to the larger and brighter view that externals can provide.

Returning to wide-angle (whew!), here's another people shot using the 24 lux.

Great street shot. It has a little of everything -- even a beautiful tree!

mathomas

M8 and 35mm 'cron from this morning, with a large helping of LR3 :)

Mike
I'm not usually one for heavy processing (except for B&W conversions), but aside from the good compositions, some of these have a painterly quality that makes them special.

mathomas

Another one from Buena Vista, CO, shot from our vacation place on the prairie. Pretty eye-catching near-lenticular clouds. On the right is a rock formation called "Sleeping Indian" (it doesn't show very well here).

Leica M8 + Zeiss 50mm Sonnar
Conversion in Nik Silver Efex

Last edited:

mathomas

Oh, and just for fun -- here's a chance photo, taken today, of a jet and its contrail, throwing a huge shadow onto cloud cover. I've never seen anything like it before:

Leica M8 + Zeiss 25mm Biogon f/2.8

N

normanchoi

This photo was taken in Beijing, China with the 0.95. Hope you guys like it!