The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Excellent shots Matt !... :)
Charles: Thanks! :D

Color shot is Spot On Excellent, but This One is right up my alley!
Steve: Thank you, sir! I thought you'd like that one. You're my inspiration and teacher for "loosening up" my shooting. :D

+1 :)
Ceh: Thank you! :D The planes of white, gray and black in this photo are wonderful. Excellent composition. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A few more from Prince's Islands. Camera jpegs. M8 with 28mm 'cron.
Osman: Love the detail and compositions. B&W great for in-camera jpegs. :thumbup:

Thanks Charles and Matt! Much appreciated. :salute:
Matt, l really enjoy all your Pike Place pics very much! Keep 'em coming!
From my Kuala Lumpur series, here's one for today. 35 Cron IV Joe
Joe: The casual "street" feeling is very cool. Subject's appropriately ambivalent. Makes you look at the shadows and the people on the edges. :thumbup:

+1. Beautiful Matt. Love them both! Good catch on the 2nd one from the back, with the hand coming up.
Joe :)
Joe: Thanks! :D I was a little worried that the pp had made that too hard to see.

m8, cv 35
Endre: Nicely done! Excellent colors and panning! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Older photos revisited and reworked. The Bridge Motel just before it was demolished. The Owners let the manager's artist friends do their thing. Cheers, Matt

M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/8s @ f/16; ISO 160

M8; 35mm f/1.4; 0.3s @ f/16; ISO 160

M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/8s @ f/16; ISO 160

CharlesK

From my Kuala Lumpur series, here's one for today. 35CronIV

Joe

Great street shot Joe :thumbup:

Beautiful and elegant composition :)

A few more from Prince's Islands. Camera jpegs. M8 with 28mm 'cron.

Otumay, beautiful tones and rendering. I really like this shot! :)

m8, cv 35
Endre, excellent capture :)
Ceh, very interesting composition!

Older photos revisited and reworked. The Bridge Motel just before it was demolished. The Owners let the manager's artist friends do their thing. Cheers, Matt

Matt, I love these series of shots. Great colours and rendering.

Geoff, nice shots!

m_driscoll

A few from this summer in Arizona, Grand Canyon. M8, 28 cron, jpgs in camera.
Geoff: These are really excellent! Nicely composed. :thumbup:

...Matt, I love these series of shots. Great colours and rendering...
Charles: Thank you! :D

Great shot Matt, I live 1.5 blocks from the site of the old bridge motel...sadly, I never got to see it before it was taken down....any luck on the new lens yet?
+1 for me too. This is pure magic, Matt!
Ashwin: Thanks! :D I drove by it every day and then decided i should come back and shoot some pictures. It was demolished a couple of weeks later. First, and only, time I've had a Leica on a tripod. Re: the lens - the Leica Rep said 4-6 weeks was what he was told by NJ. Apparently there's a shortage?

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

I'm on the road, and don't have a lot of Internet access, but stopped by to be Wowed... and was I ever! Matt, CEH, Osman, Joe, Endre Geoff. Wonderful stuff!! Thank you all for sharing!

RF_Licks

Thanks Matt, Charles & Lloyd :)

Matt, love the colors on the Bridge Motel series. Like the first one the most, with the colors of the motel and sky complementing each other and also the "three reds" of the "no entry" sign, car and billboard. Cool!

Geoff, very nice B&W series from Arizona!

Joe

woodyspedden

I still maintain that out-of-the-camera B&W is astounding on the M8 (and I assume M9). Very nice textures and tones coming through here!
Mike

I have owned both the M8 and M9 and my experience is that the M8 has better B+W (and not by a small margin.) I attribute this to the amount of Infrared light the M8 sensor responds to.

JMHO

Woody