The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Latest & Greatest Fun w/Digital M Images

DavidE

These are nice David. But why are you trying to pass someone else's images as your own?!?:eek: We all know these are wide enough to be DavidK work. (Nice enough yes, certainly that, but not nearly as wide as we've come to expect. ;))
I must have put the wrong lens on by mistake (probably a wide-angle lens mounted backwards).:)

To cleanse the palate (or should that be palette?), here are two more using the 24mm lux.

Guess I'll have to live with the moire patterns in the first one, unless someone knows how to get rid of them.

sjg284

my faves the last two days
thrice - loving those 75mm shots
joe - nice street capture, perfect framing/composition.. great tonality
matt - great texture in the metal stairs
ceh - captured a moment, brings me back to spring/summer

75 Summicron
NYC, past summer. M8 35CronIV.

Joe

The upstairs bar. Very classy place with a view. :rolleyes: Cheers, Matt

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/2.4; ISO 640

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Mosaic with 75mm Summicron

CharlesK

Great street capture Joe :)

Charles, beautiful shots, these two are my favorites! I see that you are having tons of fun with the 50Lux Asph
Joe
Thanks Joe! The 50 Lux is a great lens on the M9 :)

Thank you for the great feedback. A couple more with the 35mm 'cron:

And one I couldn't resist:

Regards

Mike
Really nice shots Mike !

I really like this shot Ceh !

Here are a few more from my New York trip at the end of October. All are with the 50 lux in Times Square.

Great street captures David. Love the rendering with the 50 Lux.

1. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/2000s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

Excellent shots Matt.

Otumay, Charles, Mike, F1,0, Steve and Joe you are all too kind
Here's a portrait from the same trip:

75 Summicron
Amazing shot Daniel!!! Love it

Terrific set Charles. Not sure why, but that first one really stands out for me.
Thank you Lloyd!

Couple shots from this afternoon with the 50 Lux and M9. Thanks.

m_driscoll

Here are a few more from my New York trip at the end of October. All are with the 50 lux in Times Square.

The first one I posted a week ago, but had mentioned then that I wasn't satisfied with the processing. This version, I think, is much improved.

David: Great photos of Times Square. Is this just a normal night? I think you're right about the first one. :thumbup::salute:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Otumay, Charles, Mike, F1,0, Steve and Joe you are all too kind :)

Here's a portrait from the same trip:

75 Summicron
Daniel, that's about as good as it gets. Perfect moment that her hair in the wind, perfect light, perfect composition. Simply stunning.

BTW, those most recent landscapes (especially the panos), are simply awe inspiring. Leave me speechless... really. (No small task, that.)
Daniel: +!, +1. Lloyd said it very well. :thumbup: Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Love this Matt. I've always felt that there is a special relationship between reflective metal surfaces and black and white photography. This is an great example of just that. :thumbup:
Good stuff Matt. This one in particular for me. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thanks! :thumbup: You're right, reflective metal does take on a special character in a B& W photo.

I must have put the wrong lens on by mistake (probably a wide-angle lens mounted backwards).:)
To cleanse the palate (or should that be palette?), here are two more using the 24mm lux.
Guess I'll have to live with the moire patterns in the first one, unless someone knows how to get rid of them.
David: I thought there was something funny about those earlier posts! You could always buy a nikon. :ROTFL: Nice photos from both versions of you.

my faves the last two days
thrice - loving those 75mm shots
joe - nice street capture, perfect framing/composition.. great tonality
matt - great texture in the metal stairs
ceh - captured a moment, brings me back to spring/summer
Sjg: thank you, sir!

...Excellent shots Matt...
Couple shots from this afternoon with the 50 Lux and M9. Thanks.

Beautiful... really beautiful. (Nice portraits too. :thumbup:)
Charles: +1, exactly what Lloyd said! :salute:

(I know that I "piggy-back" on too much; but, it's a left-coast problem. By the time, i get here, the entire world has come and gone! :LOL:)

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Daniel, that's about as good as it gets. Perfect moment that her hair in the wind, perfect light, perfect composition. Simply stunning.

BTW, those most recent landscapes (especially the panos), are simply awe inspiring. Leave me speechless... really. (No small task, that.)
Plus 1!

DavidE

Thanks, Matt and Steve. Matt, it was a Saturday and the day before Halloween. On the weekdays, it wasn't as crowded, though there were still a fair number of people both in the day and evening.

Not sure if this color processing works with these, but thought I would post them anyway. At least in theory, I like the notion that they're caught in a time splice between color and b&w.

All three were shot with the 24 lux.

Lloyd

Thanks, Matt and Steve. Matt, it was a Saturday and the day before Halloween. On the weekdays, it wasn't as crowded, though there were still a fair number of people both in the day and evening.

Not sure if this color processing works with these, but thought I would post them anyway. At least in theory, I like the notion that they're caught in a time splice between color and b&w.

All three were shot with the 24 lux.
Ah, wide. Thank you... I feel much better. :D

I like the processing. Very appropriate to the season.