Site Sponsors

Thread: aperture lightroom M9 files low light

Post Thanks / Like

aperture lightroom M9 files low light

I was wondering who has used version 3 of both lightroom and aperture and how do the files look at iso 1250 1600 and 2500 thanks David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: aperture lightroom M9 files low light

I posted an ISO2500 image processed with LR3 here. I find the noise reduction quite incredible - now ISO2500 is entirely realistic with the M9.

Post Thanks / Like

I had forgotten that you can download a trail of Lr3 . I did and at 1000 iso LR3 just smokes Aperture 3. It is much better and now makes me feel like my decision to go Leica M9 for personal work was a very good one, and not just about the m9 form factor.

Post Thanks / Like

I processed another file stage lighting and aperture 3 and LR 3 were about identical in noise, also at iso 1000. very strange. the first was a street light scene in New Orleans and LR was much better. Hmm

sblutter

LR3 at 2500 (m9) is so good I barely need the 5DM2 anymore - its great

Post Thanks / Like

I described my initial impression on the difference between Lr2 and Lr3 regarding noise and detail in a thread over at the RFF here:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=92060

I was really impressed by how well Lightroom 3 handles with the new noise reduction mode and much more detailed sharpening.
    ISO 1250 and 2500 files are now clearly much more usable.
    I actually use ISO1250 with the M8.2 now with confidence, whereas my former mental border was ISO640!

I have no experience with Aperture though.

Care - the samples, I posted at RFF were completely unprocessed RAW files from the camera - you see only the difference between the two Lightroom iterations!
    Completely processed, the files can be very clean.

I made A4 prints from ISO12800 EPSON R-D1 files lately, processed in Lr3, that really reminded me on how my pushed TriX @ ISO 1600 looks - that was scary (mind you, the EPSON still rules in being pushed over the Leicas regarding banding and noise).