The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Think Tank Change Up Belt Pack

J

Jeff Day

I was out at the Think Tank website and was looking at their Change Up Belt Pack (http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/change-up-belt-pack.aspx ).

I've been wanting a flexible camera bag that would hold my M9 and a couple of lenses, and it looks like this bag could be the answer.

I've been using the A&A Image Smith and it is a great bag, but I want something that gives me lots of carrying options while traveling with a backpack 'Rick Steves' style.

Has anyone tried one of the Change Up belt packs? If you could share your impressions I'd really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Jeff

J

Jeff Day

Well it doesn't look like anyone has any experience with the Change Up, so I went ahead and ordered one as an experiment. I'll report back.

Best,

Jeff

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I use the belt along with a "Skin Chimp" bag and a separate bag for my long lens (when needed). It's my typical setup for the M8 with the 28 cron and also fits a 21/75 capped-together set beside it. Very lightweight and flexible. The long-lens bag is for when I'm carrying the Nikon around my neck and want the 70-200 handy. The little bag gives me a spot to drop one lens while changing to another. And the whole thing is pretty inconspicuous. That belt thingy is super.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Oops. Just took a look at the link at realized I'm using the "Thin Skin Belt". A different animal than yours. It's a standalone belt that you can add various components to. I love it. So... kind of a very different setup than what you've ordered. But I'll bet you'll love it. Think Tank stuff is top notch.