The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

as much fun with m8 as one can possibly get

irakly

Sometimes i am amazed with how stupid I can be. I went shooting yesterday and took a spare battery for my visatec litepac, but forgot a battery for a digital back in a charger at home. so, i ended up shooting the whole thing with M8. Oh, I also packed four pocket wizards, but no interface cable. Thanks god that I had an IR transmitter, just in case! You know, M8 does not have a PC terminal :) :) :)
almost forgot... here is the shoot
http://www.shanidze.com/WebGalleries/surprise/

irakly

I think the B&W version has a great 1960-ies atmosphere.
that's what i think too. also dildo looks much less obnoxious, which makes the picture even nastier in a good way. however, color coordination between a jacket and a purse and green/pink colour match is lost. it's a tough decision to make :)

LJL

The color version actually appears to have more impact. The colors of the lead foils on the wine bottles behind her, the orange drink in the glass on the table, etc., all create their own interesting contrasts that get lost in the B/W version. The 60's look of the B/W is good, but a bit harsh, and not enough paparazzo looking, which would be the ticket for this shot, I think. Still great stuff to enjoy....

LJ

P.S. Sorry to hear the cord/battery story. Brings back so many unfortunate memories ;-) I think I solved the problem by keeping all the connector stuff, PWs, extra batteries, etc., in a little "grip bag" that gets attached to the light bag. It is always in the way, which is a great reminder to make sure I have it ;-)