Site Sponsors

Thread: Looking for a long strap for M9

jifjif

Looking for a long strap for M9

I have been a long user of Artisan & Artist accessories but lately I have been looking for a long strap which I can have across my chest.

Any suggestions?

A&A seems to quite short and the longest ones I have seen are 1050 or 1080mm.

The length of stock strap that comes with your M is nice but I would like to have that rub protection on the nubs. I even considered X1 strap, which I think its one of the better simple leather strap I have seen but it doesnt have the nub protection or I dont think it will hold the weight of a M9.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Looking for a long strap for M9

http://www.leicatime.com/

Luigi will make a strap to any length. He may be a bit slow answering his mail as he is on holiday right now.
    JAAP
    http://www.jaapvphotography.eu
    The colours of my generation are black and white.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a $10 domke pouch, cut the regular rings off the strap and put split rings on it, great length strap with a rubber grip stitched into it.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes to the Luigi Deluxe strap.

jifjif

Thanks guys

I was considering Luigi's but as mentioned he is on holidays. What I love about X1 is the smoothness. I wonder if Luigi can duplicate the finish.

disambiguated

Quote Originally Posted by jifjif View Post
    I have been a long user of Artisan & Artist accessories but lately I have been looking for a long strap which I can have across my chest.

Any suggestions?
    Strongly recommend the LumaLoop 'rifle-strap'-type strap. Most useful photo accessory you'll ever buy - totally changes the way you shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Domke Gripper with or without swivel. You can adjust the length and it's long enough for me.
    Hiromu

jifjif

Quote Originally Posted by disambiguated View Post
    Strongly recommend the LumaLoop 'rifle-strap'-type strap. Most useful photo accessory you'll ever buy - totally changes the way you shoot.
    I thought about that. I have been quite skeptical. When I used to have D700, I thought I would work great but with M, I am not sure.

Do you use it on your M system?

jifjif

Quote Originally Posted by khiromu View Post
    I use Domke Gripper with or without swivel. You can adjust the length and it's long enough for me.
    Hiromu
    Ahh. I didnt even realize looking at Domke. Thanks!

Paul O'D

I just ordered a longer strap (140 mm) from Luigi as I found that the standard length was a little too short. I also ordered it with carabiner clips instead of the split rings so that I can quickly swith to a wrist strap when desired. I just received my M9 about two weeks ago and Luigi's half case fits like a glove.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaapv View Post
    http://www.leicatime.com/

Luigi will make a strap to any length. He may be a bit slow answering his mail as he is on holiday right now.
    +1

Luigi makes great stuff, and he'll customize quite a bit for you.